1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Boxing Day 2019 Pompey v Chairboys

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's the second match of our Christmas programme and a second away day this time to Fratton Park to take on Pompey and after our disappointing start to the festive period the lads will be hoping to make amends, Pompey on the other hand got of to a winning start with a 1-0 win over the Tractor Boys.
    Gaz will be ringing the changes a couple enforced with Dom Gape only lasting 9 minutes on Saturday and Bayo only taking 26 minutes to collect his Christmas cards although how on earth the ref thought the first warranted a card if it did all the games he officiated at would end before half time due to lack of players.
    I will not be travelling but will be hopeful the lads can get back on track and return back to Buckinghamshire with a result<cheers>

Stokenchurch yid and Ron like this.
  2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I'll be watching on ifollow drinking my favourite Somerset cider Wilkins which is 6% <cheers>

Guywanderer and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  3. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all have a good one <cheers><cracker>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0168-drink<bubbly><magic>

Guywanderer likes this.
  4. Guywanderer

<cracker> Wishing a very merry Christmas to one and all <cracker>

5. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

Is it rum o'clock yet <cheers>

Ron likes this.
  6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

That was crap :steam: Am i the only one who doesn't rate Samuel? He runs about a lot and falls over but rarely scores, Why are we always so crap over the christmas/new year period? It happens every bloody season :headbang: At least quite a few results went our way again today but we can't keep relying on that.

7. Guywanderer

Yes mate I agree Samuel reminds me of Beavon who was with us for 4 and a bit seasons and scored 34 goals but 25 of them came in one season if you take that season out he played 80 games and scored 9 goals presently Samuel has played 44 games and scored 7 also our stats for Boxing Day we are bottom of the 92 league clubs
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...kely-to-win-on-boxing-day-than-any-other-team

8. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation the friend I went to the Pompey v Ipswich game says we are a better side than Ipswich, the team now have to prove it over the next two games

9. philhythe

Just seen the full results for league 1 on Boxing day, & boy how lucky are we

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have still lost fewer games that any other team in L1 - apart from Coventry, who we play Sunday

11. philhythe

I can not beleive we went into the four at Christmas 7pts in front & after 2 losses are still six points in front & more than a chance we could still be at the top at the start of play on the 11th January

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You lot sound like you have lost the faith. What's with this might be or could be and where has the "will be" gone? You will of course lose to Coventry because obviously I have backed Coventry to win on your betting thread and you know how lethal I am with bets, However after that you can carry on where you left off.

13. philhythe

I cheered myself up Greeny by looking at the Ipswich & Sunderland sites never made it to the Bristol Rovers site & we think we have got problems. Every manager & supporter in the league would like to be in our position.

sensiblegreeny likes this.