1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bournemouth v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Jan 11, 2018.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Unless we pick up some form we are likely to finish 6th-8th this season. Which is unacceptable for a club with our resources. We could still win the europa league and grab ourselves a CL spot, but to be honest that doesn’t look very likely at the moment.

At the moment, I don’t see any reason why Wenger should continue beyond the end of this season. There’s a danger that we could slip further and finish mid table for a couple seasons. But we need to start changing things around at this club. Because we are going backwards at the moment and we are so stale.

I really hope there’s something tonthe ancelloti rumours, as he’d be ideal for a couple of years to steady the ship and begin to build again.

2. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

This current team sucks eggs! sack the board, the manager and the lazy ass. talent less players too! I want Woolwich Arsenal back!

3. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Doesnt it feel like when we wanted Walcott to sign the contract. Simliar situation!

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Wilshere played like a true Gooner today. Tried to do it all on his own.<applause>

The rest can **** OFF

gooner4ever likes this.
  5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

You should put an offer in for the Liverpool no 21...scored a very good goal and has played really well against city so far <whistle>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  6. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Careful RCL, you are dealing with a wounded animal here.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sailing close to a ban with that comment <grr>

gooner4ever and remembercolinlee like this.
  8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

<laugh>

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Why sign another contract if you're going to put out a crap team like this mid way through the season. Losing our best players when we have the resources is unforgivable. I don't blame Wenger, because he was past his best years ago, but i do blame the incompetent short sighted Board and Management. They're to blame for so little action when they should have reacted many years ago. This was inevitable when you don't plan for the future or seek continual improvement.

They've been happy for so long because the money's rolled in for so long, but the good times are over now, Wenger the cash cow is coming to it's inevitable end. Now we'll see what these over paid fat arses are capable of, after Wenger is gone.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Well I do blame Wenger. He has as much blame as anyone. He clearly doesn't want what's best for the club, he wants what's best for himself. A selfish, overpaid, managerially inept moron who deserves toxic booing at every home game until he ****s off.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Wenger has lost his edge, but that is complete bollocks mate.

enigma and winifred122 like this.
  12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

He lost his edge 10 years ago. Right now he's ****ing ****e and ruining one of the biggest clubs in the world. Great players don't want to play for him. No-one is that blind to their own failings. If he cared that much he'd step down. He repeatedly doesn't. Because he gets paid ****loads to deliver absolutely **** all.

13. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

when you add " he wants what's best for himself." then it is not a total bullocks

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Saying he 'doesn't want what's best for the club' is total bollocks. Simple.

15. lazarus20000

I'm with Piskie here, as much as i want Wenger gone, he clearly loves the club and wants what's best for us. It's not his fault that the management kept him on way past his best. But it all comes down to their aims and that was based more on money than success on the pitch. Wenger served his purpose and now he's on his way out, whether he likes it or not. The management might be inept when it comes to seeing things in terms of football, but they know when to cut their losses money wise. They've made one good decision in bringing that Barca guy in, but the big one will be which manager they bring in.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

No its not. Simple. You still rated him until quite recently so I know you'll defend him as long as you can because you have some mancrush on him for winning us titles over a decade ago. But the guy is monumentally ****. And he's not just having us tread water now and be overtaken passively. He's actively making us worse and pushing us further behind. Anyone can come out with the platitude bullshit and pained faces he comes out with week after week, season after season, after repeated identical ****shows.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What evidence have you got that he cares? If he cared that much he'd step down. And he never has. Yes the board are an entire bunch of ****tards too but he's the head of the snake. Complete imbecile who signs on every two years for the money.

18. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I don't believe he will walk away.

It's not that he doesn't care about what's best for the club per se, it's just that his pride trumps that, and it's true as such that he is being selfish. Wenger genuinely believes he can turn it around and win the premiership again.

He needs someone to yank him away from the job. Our board unfortunately won't do that, so the only time a departure is likely is when he is out of contract.

They surely, surely wouldn't give him another contract would they? They might, which is why protests need to start again IMO ASAP.

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I simply don't believe that he actually thinks that. If he did then he would have worrying mental traits and he doesn't seem mentally unstable. He's just a selfish, proud old man who's one of the worst managers in the premier league.

20. lazarus20000

What is obvious to some is not obvious to others. I think he suffers from certain levels of delusion and genuinely believes what he's doing on the pitch works, even when things clearly goes tits up. I won't go through examples as i'm sure you and many others are very well aware of them on this forum, we've done them to death!