1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bottlers

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Yep I thought they looked poor in a game that hurt my eyes, but its this bottlers thing that interested me in this thread. Bottlers is nonsense, because City have the bottle to get in front more often than not ... City are conceding more equalisers than pre new year. The way the team is playing is tactically different and that is where these equalisers are stemming from. It is not bottle, it is not they wanted it more, it is a consequence of the tactics.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

optrex is quite good for that....

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I actually thought we played a bit better last night than we did vs Bolton and Sunderland. Those games were dreadful.
    I’m probably going to get shot down for saying this, but I wonder whether Diedhiou is the problem here - having him means that we try and push everything through him.
    Having said that, it’s not scoring that’s our problem it’s conceding - which indicates a problem with our DEFENCE.

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I agree with you, bit like when GJ signed Adebola, our football changed from playing short passes to long ball.
    Having said that, so long as it's mixing it up now and again I think it's a good tactic (especially away from home), stops us from becoming predictable...
    For me though, I thought being 2-0 up was a fundamental error by our team and manager......for me just keeping the ball, possession football was key..

5. oneforthebristolcity

I agree, i don't believe we bottled it (that's an RR knee jerk thing) , just played it wrong in the 2nd half plus Leeds were always gonna come out more positive knowing our past on keeping a lead..

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I look forward to having Pisano, Baker and O'Neil back, experience and maturity that has got to be a bonus.

smhbcfc and AshtonRed like this.
  7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Spot on . My thoughts exactly.

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

We gave the ball away too much in the second half

Partly this is because we dropped too deep and it meant longer balls to our 2 up front

Thought Fammy tired a bit as well (not blaming him) - which did not help

Need to give Leeds some credit though - they were excellent in the second half

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Diedhiou is the problem'
    Be gentle with me guys as I don't watch much these days but for me :

I thought he was very lucky with his goal, his touch wasn't up to much and the ball finally went through various pairs of legs.
    Before Leeds scored 2nd half he has a real chance but his 'shot' from inside the box went almost square.
    Plus he had a chance to play Korey in - terrible over hit pass.

'For me though, I thought being 2-0 up was a fundamental error by our team and manager......for me just keeping the ball, possession football was key..'
    Couldn't agree more.

'Need to give Leeds some credit though - they were excellent in the second half'
    I don't think they were excellent at all, we gifted them their comeback.
    We had 2 gilt edged chances 2nd half to go 4 up and put the game AND their crowd to bed.
    Self inflicted for me.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Diedhiou doesn't look like a natural footballer. Awkward gait and his timing leaves a lot to be desired. But some of his touches are sublime.
    At other times he looks like a rank amateur.

11. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Something in my head about Fammy - before he came back we played with Bobby and Pato up front - this made us play football

Perhaps we should go back to that and use Fammy off the bench??

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Serious quetion - why aren't you playing Diony even off the bench as a fresh pair of legs?

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You'd have to ask the Manager as I don't understand the logic !

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

last game he said "should have closed it down" well at 2-0 in 16 minutes you can hardly tactically sub! so obviously went thropugh to HT and a third would have been a big big difference HT 0-3! likely at that point would have made adjustments? sort of catch 22 really finding a spot to say Ok 20 mins to go lets change! In hindsight that may have prevented the first goal ! 72 mins! ... but we will never know that! Certainly very soon after they subbed we should have as well!

15. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Glad you're not our manager then as I understand perfectly the logic beyond bringing Woodrow on instead of Diony. However I was more perplexed by the decision to bring Paterson on

16. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

caveman football seems more beneficial than what you desire sir.....pretty football gets you one goal less scored eleven more goals against and 8 points less.........current for from last 5 games you got one win Cardiff cavemen have three......just saying like <ok>

Red Robin likes this.
  17. oneforthebristolcity

Must admit, although I'm not a fan of Warnocks style of football and as Clifton referred it as "Caveman football" is not what I want to see at the Gate, especially on a regular basis, but you have to admire the man on how well he knows this division and how to get a result from it and has a method on how to get out of it...
    The perfect manager is one that is able to adjust from pretty football to football that may need to revert to "caveman style" to get the right result..

18. aberdude

its all about results dude, no matter what style anyone plays>>>>>myself I wasn't a fan of Warnock before but didn't even consider his style, but in all honesty I can say he`s a top man and all, he hates ego and likes hard work>>>>>>that's great morals 2 have if you ask me

anyway hope your city doesn't crumble 2 an anti freedom of speech group trying 2 stop david icke speak, bath proved a weak bastion of free speech and cancelled his gig>>>>>>my fingers are crossed that your city will allow the man some freedom and myself and others a chance 2 listen.<cheers>

19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Being ‘direct’ is a valid tactic and a useful ability to have in reserve for when it’s needed. It’s also important to be able to play AGAINST teams that play that way because often hoofball becomes contagious and both teams end up playing it - like in our game at Bolton. I don’t like it myself but as Aberdude said it’s a results business and Cardiff are getting the results.

20. aberdude

thank you dude, im a closet arsenal fan and ive seen all the tip tap pretty football I could dream of but what grips my sh.it is how arsenal need 30 passes 2 cross the ball aimlessly when the opposition play three passes and its in our net.....talk about frustrating