1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bostock going out on loan

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by CanarySpurs, Mar 22, 2012.

1. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

Just seen on the OS Twitter page that Bostock has been loaned out to Swindon Town, (L2) another pointless loan in my opinion - he was looking championship level for palace several years ago!

2. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Not sure why it's "pointless" because at least it gets the guy some playing time, assuming he gets picked of course.

Di Canio has been in Harry's ear for some time about getting some of our players down there and I think this is an excellent move for Bostock at this moment in time, given that his career is currently stagnating.

As part of my scouting work, I have been to see Swindon a couple of times in the past few weeks and from what I have seen of them, Bostock should fit in well there. Let's hope he pulls his finger out and helps them to promotion and helps himself get his game back together.

3. CanarySpurs

I guess the use of 'pointless' was misjudged, but I still think he needs to experience a higher level of football. On another thread, people are saying a season long loan to a premiership club next season, quite a jump! Though this move could indeed give him his confidence back, and playing under Di Canio can't be a bad thing!

4. O.Spurcat

You're absolutely right, he does need higher level experience, but for whatever reasons, that doesn't seem to have been working for him recently, so hence my saying Swindon "at this moment in time" is a decent move.

Not sure how he'll get on with Di Canio, as at one of teh games I witnessed there, he headbutted the team dug out, such was his frustrations !!!

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

To be fair, I was saying it as a last chance to prove we should bother keeping him on the books - if he's playing at the highest level yet his attitude still sees him dropped and sent back our way ahead of schedule, get rid ASAP.

6. CanarySpurs

Hmm, who'd you think would take him? What current manager would be prepared to take him?

7. O.Spurcat

Well with tongue in cheek, one would expect Neil Warnock to have been desperate to get him, given the bloody fuss he made when we took him away from Palace !!

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

this is a great move for him. Swindon are my local team and Di Canio has got them playing really good football. Bostock should enjoy his football down there (as long as he plays) and Di Canio seems very passionate. Hopefully that'll rub off on Bostock.

Great news.

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

QPR have a recent record of taking uppity youngsters that can't get into the first team from us...

10. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

11. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Disappointing really. Hopefully Swindon go to the playoffs, I'd like to see him play, it's been ages since I've seen him.

12. notsosmartspur

Playoffs??? they're top by miles!

13. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

14. O.Spurcat

If that was to happen, then it would be ridiculous. Surely there's rules in place to prevent that happening ??

15. notsosmartspur

On a serious note this just might do Bostock some good, no matter what kind of jack the lad you might think you are, if there's one manager you don't want to piss off (irritate!), its Di Canio! With Bostock being a flair player I can see Di Canio enjoying working with him, providing he's willing to learn. I shall make sure I read Swindon match reports now.

16. O.Spurcat

Exactly notsosmartspur. My thoughts entirely.

17. notsosmartspur

If it comes off Spurcat, you'd say a stroke of genius from Harry, if he's thought to himself 'I know just the bloke who can sort this young man out', then fair play, he see's something in him clearly but I wonder if its last chance saloon. What do you think?

18. O.Spurcat

As I have said on here before, it's easy to forget that Bostock is still only just turned 20, so no, I wouldn't call it his last chance. As I've also said before, there's definitely a talent in there, it just needs someone to bring it out of him, if possible.

I am also not convinced Bostock is the "gob****e" that people think he is. As far as I am aware, this goes back to some half hearted whinge by Brentford FC which has never been substantiated by any other club or anyone else who has had dealings with the lad. Certainly, all at Tottenham do not see him in this light, indeed they seem to view him as a pretty level-handed young man, whose interests in life outside of football, are his wife and his religion.

I think Harry sees this as an opportunity for the lad to (hopefully) get regular football, and to do an old mate of his a favour by loaning the player. So no, I don't see this as the last chance saloon for John Bostock.

<ok>

19. notsosmartspur

An unfair tag thats stuck then.....I shall edit that with haste! :)

I'm glad to hear that about him now, I should've known better to look up on him myself.... but didn't!