1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boro v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

So onto Boro... after a much needed 3 points which keeps us very much in touch an away win against a struggling Boro team would really move us up there with a home game coming up.

Although struggling Boro will not be easy on paper they have a solid championship team with players like Howson, Assambalonga, Ayala, McNair... there issue has been scoring goals with Getsede injured and Taylor-Fletcher and Assambalonga both out of form but they are solid defensively and have only been beaten by the odd goal in most games.

Keeper Darren Randolph, Left back George Friend and forward Getsede are all injured.

Worryingly are the comments from the Huddersfield forum after there game last night... big strong physical team dangerous from set pieces was the general opinion, should of had two or three from set pieces was another quote!

For those who believe in such rubbish I read Fulham have only picked up two points so far against teams who wear red and 20 points non red!

This would be a massive win if we could get one it likely move us into the top 4 with a winnable home game up next!

Not sure on Arter injury but with Reeds form he might struggle to get back in anyway personally I would make one change Knockeart out for Stef Jo and move Reid out wide.

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Sounds a good idea Cookie. We also need to keep a clean sheet, it will give a great deal of confidence.
    COYW's

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Middlesbrough has never been one of our best away grounds.
    Good to hear Randolph won't be playing as I rate him one of the best keepers in our league.
    I'd go along with wanting Johansen in for Knockaert (for reasons I said in the Luton thread) with Reid staying in, although I'd like him in a front two, and operate the way Horsfield and Peschisolido could, unsettling Boro's two centre-halfs with a little and large act. If we leave only Mitro up front that means 2on1 .
    Woodgate says Boro have been unlucky in games so lets hope that continues.

4. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Will take a point under the circumstances, although I did hear that even with 10 men we still had the better chances.

We still keep ourselves in the hunt though, so we will take it and move on.

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. 2whitestripes

Was the sending off fair?
    Still away so can't view highlights.
    With 10 men for much of the game I guess we have to be content.

6. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Not to many complaints about the red... a point away from home having played almost the whole game with ten men is very acceptable in my opinion.

2whitestripes likes this.
  7. 2whitestripes

Thanks Cookie, I agree with it being acceptable with ten men.