1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boro preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 29, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think if we could score goals and sort out that end of the pitch then the defence wouldn't be so nervous. I think that's all it is at the back. There's no other explanation for Chambo's error.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

What rumours? I can't see anything there of any substance?

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I don't collect them. Browse through TWTD and Twitter, you'll come across a few. Whether you attribute any truth in them, and granted some of them will be made up, is up to you. However, the talk around the assistant manager being hated, about how Hurst has fallen out with the academy coaches, the stories of him publicly dropping players and treating some players with disrespect is startling. The team sheet being leaked on a fans forum hours before the match is also never a good sign.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

There is nothing of substance then, it is just what goes on in any football club and indeed any workplace anywhere in the country. We all have a moan to others about our day at work sometimes.

5. Nuggets

A leaked team sheet is a matter of substance. People will naturally have a moan, and I'm sure they did under Mick, but it's rare to hear of so much negativity coming from a professional football club. If you want to turn a blind eye to those stories, then fair enough. We won't know the full extent of the issues, if there are any, until Hurst leaves, such as when Keane left Ipswich and then all those stories came out about his time there and how he treated certain players, such as Jon Walters. I understand that you believe there was a lot of application and dedication from the team last night, but I didn't see any significant improvement in commitment from what I'm used to seeing from this club. Say what you want about Ipswich, those players have always put a shift in over the years, and this season is no different. However. I saw a serious lack of quality, leadership, and organisation last night, and that's equally, if not more worrying.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

The stuff that came out about Roy Keane were from the players who had a grudge, there's also the fantastic story of Shane Supple who he helped.

I think the reason Mourinho is in trouble at United is trying to appease people like Pogba. When Ferguson had these types of problems with players (and yes even Fergie did) the player was out and don't forget Bobby Robson was subjected to a player revolt at Newcastle United.

So as far as I'm concerned I'm glad that this forum is not TWTD and we tend to stick to footballing issues. Dissecting what goes on the pitch is far more interesting to me, if I want gossip I can watch Loose Women.

7. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Yorkie you think Hurst did a good job recruiting personnel ?? We haven't won a bloody match man ! If we get relegated season tickets will drop, attendances generally will drop, prices will have to drop, income will drop, players will be sold for whatever Evans can get for them leaving a squad that probably won't be competitive in the lower leagues, and your not concerned ?

Westlake33 likes this.
  8. Nuggets

The problem is the stuff we're seeing on the pitch recently is far more troublesome and concerning to me than all the talk and rumours happening off it. As someone mentioned earlier, we seem to only play fairly well for short patches of matches, a second half here, 15 minutes there. We have a serious goalscoring problem. We are making far too many mistakes across the pitch. Our manager has not settled on a starting eleven, makes strange selection decisions, and has failed to improve this squad, despite his difficult task and despite a highly-rated academy set up, currently topping both their respective leagues.

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

All the other problems are secondary to the goal scoring problem and the only way to solve it is to go with two up.

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Yes I do. I think the squad we have now is a big improvement on the squad he inherited.

Of course I’m concerned but at least if we drop down a division we might win a few games. We would certainly be competitive.

If prices drop that’s a good thing, but they won’t. Season tickets and match day tickets won’t drop significantly. People have been shelling out for the for years to watch absolute rubbish and we will win a lot more games in League One, creating a buzz in the ground.

11. fieldmarshall

Season tickets won't drop? Attendances won't drop? Income ? But its ok because we will win more games in LG 1? Delusional nonsense.

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Not significantly. It's not delusional nonsense at all. You only have to look at Sheffield United, Norwich City, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest etc., a dip but not a crash by any means followed by a sustained increase when they are back in the Championship. Norwich's attendances actually increased a fraction in League One and then went up again after the promotion.

Income will drop from the league, TV money, of course.

13. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate that argument as it holds very little water.. It's not comparing apples with apples as Norwich were a club who were under performing but still held a decent fan base off the back of promotion & Premier League season 3 years earlier. We are certainly not in that position after 17 years of slow & painful stagnation.

Norwich also began winning games in L1 and playing decent football. Naturally those who attended, or fancied going wanted to see their side turn Walsall over 4-0 etc. but there is no guarantee that we (or any club for that matter) can hit the ground running and actually put that together... Let alone bring back thousands of stay aways

I know you will go ahead and list the likes of Saints, Forest, Leicester, Wolves and the like but I'm not sure we can put ourselves in the same category as them and not all of them came straight back up. In fact I would say that most of those went through periods of change of ownership and uncertainty... Which knowing Ipswich and they we have operated, it would not surprise me if we found a way to majorly cock up and just become a lower mid table L1 club overnight.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    fieldmarshall likes this.
  14. fieldmarshall

Coupled to the fact that we won't have our present team, the high earners will go and anyone who doesn't want to go down a division will want away, so who is this team that's going to storm LG 1? Where are the thousands of fans who are going to flock back to watch us play Walsall at the extortionate prices Evans charges? Relegation would be catastrophic for our Club, wake up!

15. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

You genuinely feel this squad is a big improvement on what he inherited?

This is not a wind up, this is a genuine opinion?

16. fieldmarshall

How can it be better? We haven't won a bloody game not one. Thick or what?

Westlake33 likes this.
  17. fieldmarshall

How can it be a better squad ? We haven't won a single solitary game! And we are bottom of the division, thick or what.

Westlake33 likes this.
  18. fieldmarshall

Sorry tablet playing up.

Westlake33 likes this.
  19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

'Or what' I'm afraid.

I'm growing tired of explaining everything to you so I would rather you didn't bother to ask anymore. If you can't figure something out for yourself or don't know the answer to something, there is always Google.

20. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Blimey you weren’t kidding

fieldmarshall likes this.