1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boris reported to the Met

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by AshtonRed, Jan 25, 2022.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

in the interview immediately after the result .. bbc commentators . .. it as stated that a great number of MP's who were expecting to be a part of the government and a few others with an axe to grind took the opportunity to have a revenge moment
    the next best thing to happen would be Sir KS get a fine! .. to be honest I wouldnt expect him to resign, we could finish up with a worse opposition leader! but Covid was a part of history that will be looked back on as " it brought the best out of people" ... it brought the "worst out of people" .. and it was completely against human behavior!
    I would suspect that if every household recieved a questionaire did you resolutely follow the rules to the letter and everyone answered truthfully there would not be many that comes out 100% positive. ESPECIALLY SHOULD THEY BE WORKING... and especially if they were in an office/ work place environment ............

TIME TO MOVE ON

Red Robin likes this.
  2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

The truth is, it will only move on once Boris goes, that’s part of the reason he should have resigned months ago, this will drag on until he does the honourable thing. You may bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away, but it won’t.

MARK MY WORDS.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The man is a buffoon from the elite upper class that looks down on the rest of society as if they have no brains or dreams. Sometimes I think he's living in a different cosmos especially when he starts to waffle about nothing in particular including never answering a question. I wish he was gone from my lovely perch on the Canadian West Coast but frankly since I have been gone for over 55 years I don't suppose I will crying myself to sleep tonight. Carry on and mind the man from #10.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Starmer could hardly contain his glee - a bit like the Tories when Corbyn was elected Labour leader!!

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  5. AshtonRed

For Sir Kier from a purely personal, & party perspective, last nights result was perfect for labour, a severely wounded Boris staggering on trying to pretend it was an excellent result, business as usual, unfortunately for the country it was the worst possible result.

6. realred1952

you see!!! .................. from some of the post's here there and everywhere there is people that have knives to grind and never respect the line in the sand ............ they would sooner complain about the cost of a pint a beer than deal with the cause of the cost or the fact that energy prices are going through the roof , or accept life is one of up's and downs, does good over come bad! ... Like most people in the media amongst their talons being in something that sells theyalso drop the comment ... the majority of people vote for the government that will bring them the best .. not especially for any particular person.

As for the by elections it has always been a thorn in the side of the ruling party, people dont necessarily vote, people in the power party dont necessarily vote and a number of people will have a gripe about something they do not like that hasnt been addressed and vote against the power party .. I would expect both elections to be lost turn outs less than GE and lib dems / greens get more votes ... if you dwell on the past the future will be bleak, if you learn from the past then the future has a chance................

7. AshtonRed

Exactly, and the lessons learned from the past are, don’t tell fibs to parliament and don’t get fined whilst PM, if you do either of these resign immediately

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

JGF:

'if you learn from the past then the future has a chance...'

History tells us that even when a PM wins a Confidence Vote, it's not long before they are forced to resign. That's not my opinion, it's fact.
    Things MAY be different this time with Boris Johnson because he has proven to be the type of character to cling on to power regardless - I can't see him resigning - and there isn't any way he can be pushed now for a while, so you'll be delighted that we are stuck with him now.

As for your comment ' people ......never respect the line in the sand..' ..... Yep - I am HUGELY proud to say that I am one of these people. I learnt at an early age (thank goodness) not to simply roll over and automatically believe and accept what various 'authorities' tell me simply because they are 'in charge' - whether they be councils, governments, teachers, employers etc etc ALL authority should be held to account and challenged when they fall short.
    If I'd accepted what I'd been told as a youngster then I would still be doing a paper round in my local village. Lets say that I wasn't a teacher's favourite.
    Out of my 5 'proper' adult jobs, all but 1 were obtained either by 'unorthodox' (but legal) means, or twice, including my current role, by challenging 'rejection' letters after being turned down for a position within those companies when applying externally.
    I will do ANYTHING (within the law) to get what I want and will only give up when/if I myself and ONLY myself calculate that it either cannot be achieved or is simply not worth the effort.

9. realred1952

Thats your interpretation of that comment, based on authoriatism [wrong spelling !] there is a lot of ways to respect / acknowledge the line in the sand. Your interpretation is one side of the coin ... there are 3 ways ... your side, other side and edge. Ultimately conciously or not every decision is like crossing it or not! .....

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Completely agree.
    We get the Labour Party and SNP.
    Can't wait.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

God help us all -imagine that mob running the country-imagine what ukraine would think.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Imagine, Sturgeon, Starmer and flabby Davey, what a cowardly triumvirate, a gobbyknow all specimen, Captain Hindsight who can't tell a man from a woman and a tubby twonk who is the biggest fencesitter going, all 3 would go sniveling straight away to Brussels prostrating their selves for any deal ASAP.

We have got a right lying buffoon in Boris but at least he is proud to be an independent Briton.

13. AshtonRed

Whilst Foreign policy is important, as far as I’m aware they don’t get a vote, Besides Ukraine would be backed equally well under labour, I seem to remember Tony Blair lost his job through backing the USA’s foreign policy.

14. AshtonRed

Your entitled to your opinion, but please purely listing facile name calling isn’t a good look, what happened to attack the policy, not the person?

As for Boris being an independent Briton, he is whatever he thinks will get him power, that’s all he’s ever interested in.

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just thought I would do an Angela Rayner and I feel better for it...:emoticon-0105-wink:

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Sturgeon is a gobby knowall separatist, Starmer is A Captain Hindsight who can't tell a man from a woman and is still under investigation, Davey is a flabby fencesitter and ex government minister, we all know they are commited remainers who snivel all over Brussels and Boris is a lying Buffoon who firmly stands for an independent Britain.

Not attacking the people just giving a description of how they appear to me, you might not agree but 'Viva' the difference.

17. AshtonRed

<yikes> I didn’t realise you were crossing and uncrossing your legs <laugh><laugh>

wizered and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

<laugh><laugh> Now 10 out of 10 for that one. <laugh><laugh>

19. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Wonder who wrote this.
    “Britain is a great nation, a global force for good. It is surely a boon for the world and for Europe that she should be intimately engaged in the EU.“

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member