1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boris reported to the Met

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by AshtonRed, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

That's what the lawyer who has represented lots of high profile people (I forget his name) was saying.
    This is the same person that got the likes of Jeremy Clarkson and Beckham off of speeding tickets, despite their guilt, by basically using loopholes in English law.
    But either way, it's a highly unsatisfactory state off affairs.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

that is a very flawed way to look at it. In this day and age gone our the days when newspapers had their own reporters contracted to them or photographers [ some do have oneor two] in the main especially photographs video it is self employed on contract. BUT both sides running the same story is no way an assured confirmation it is correct. And without definitive proof it is sad peeps keep on perpetuating what they see in print or hear on the box. Certainly no proof to be nasty and hate ful to the wife, husband or partner of any one who may be "in the limelight" .... As I have always said good news does not sell bad news whether true / false does. OCCASSIONALY the media pay out £m's its in the news! but what we never hear is the 100's of cases settled before court.

3. realred1952

there is a very long history of voting for the party not in power even in good times [ overall] its like a balancing act for the defeated. Why do close to a high % who voted for defeated party B vote in mid term elections when a low% of victorius voters party A not vote. ALSO it is not constituency voting so there can be overlaps.
    SOME PEOPLE are not very clever sometimes ... they blaspheme against the councils putting up their rates not doing this that and the other and yet they put them there. Take Labourite Marv, has cost Bristolians £100's in extra charges without achieving anything he has been a catalogue of disaster..... a neighbour is constantly running down the city council charging more council tax taking off buses spending .. sorry wasting £'m's .. on wasted arena's re doing road works just completed by the last mayor/council etc... the erjit then says when asked who do you vote for ... "the same as parents grand parents, labour" How long has your greivance been, the council are useless? ... answer ... classic over the last 40 years since I moved here ....... thank goodness we have some level headed peeps with minds of their own.

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

What,? Unlike you,

RedorDead likes this.
  5. realred1952

no like me ... driven by our own thoughts and not bullied into believing everything what the media forces upon us. FORM AN OPINION RATHER THAN HAVE A FORMED OPINION PUT UPON ME

6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am assuming that if true the 6 months comment probably relates specifically to lockdown legislation.

7. AshtonRed

I imagine so, though in fairness people have been saying the police should look into it for ages, so a 6 month rule maybe shouldn’t apply as it may have been less had the investigated earlier.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Sad but true and that is exactly my point, it's a disgrace that we tend to vote for the least **** of a ****ty bunch.

And the reality is that labour before Blair's first victory were constantly bitching about sleaze and corruption, just like the tosser they have in charge now and then as soon as they got into power their noses went straight into the trough.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The Met with Ms Dick in charge couldn't find their own arses with both hands. They are the police equivalent of the tory party under Boris. Their handling of operation midland was an absolute disgrace and heads should have rolled after it was discovered they lied to gain warrants but most of the guilty were later promoted.

10. AshtonRed

The excuse for not looking into the parties was there wasn’t enough evidence, I thought the whole point of the police was they were supposed to find evidence, now they are looking into it because someone else, ie Sue Grey, found the evidence and passed it to them<doh><doh>, it’s like the blind leading the blind.

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

As I said earlier JGF I'm sorry that I've clearly upset you by my references to Carrie as 'parasitic'.
    My personal OPINION of her is based upon multiple references to her strong and inappropriate influences over the government from different press sources, not simply because she's the wife of a politician I happen to intensely dislike as you are suggesting.
    If she hadn't (ALLEGEDLY) interfered in the running of the country, then I would have no opinion of her whatsoever.
    I make no apology for my own feelings towards her - only that I have upset you.
    Of course, my own feelings - plus ALL opinions about personalities, whether politicians, footballers, entertainers etc, on these boards and elsewhere, are based upon the ASSUMPTION that the multiple reports in the press are true. It goes without saying that you can't believe everything you read in the press, but that doesn't make everything they print untrue either.
    We are ALL entitled to our opinions and therefore I am entitled to wish BJs wife gone from No' 10, along with BJ himself, based upon what I've read and seen about her in the news. I have never incited or condoned hatred or violence - I have not even used the word 'hate' previously in this thread - you did.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

To be honest I couldn't give a flyer if Boris and his moron government had parties, ate cake or had a gimp gang bang, the problem is he lied and was caught out lying. The police should not put into a position to remove a prime minister because the tories are too arrogant to do it and labour are too weak to do it.

I find it incredibly rich that I can have my house broken into or my car stolen or be robbed in the street and not only will I not expect a physical visit from an actual police officer and they will not even investigate it, but are happy to throw 1mil at an investigation into people eating fecking cake or send a task force to somebodies house who have said some hurty words (and for clarity I am not talking about racism or any other 'ism' in the world at large) I am talking some of the more pathetic examples that are happening and leaving ordinary people with a non criminal record that employers have a right to see.

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

A Tory safe seat that's been in their hands for 100 or more years with a massive majority doesn't get overturned for no reason.
    Whether it's the media, the Russians, the Chinese or Uncle Tom Cobbley and all who are peddling stories about Johnson or this Government, people will listen to it eventually, plus they will have seen the obvious lack of urgency for illegals, cost of living, energy prices etc. It's possibly a protest vote but even more reason for the Govt. to take it seriously and DO THEIR JOB
    As for Rees. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate, and now they're going to improve the A37 close to me at the junctions with Callington Road and West Town Lane 'following a consultation with locals' Well I'm fairly local and we weren't asked.
    Some of what is being proposed has some value such as not allowing cars to turn right into Hengrove Lane where the Happy Landings used to be, but introducing a 24 hour bus lane, when the Bristol buses don't even run for 24 hours is a typical loony Labour trait. And I expect the head of roads for Bristol is a vehement anti motorist like they had in Swindon.

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Let's put it this way she got her way with the sacking of Dominic Cummings and the hen pecked husband was so dumb he went along with it, ignoring the fact that it was an open secret that Cummings is a nasty piece of work and now he is paying the price for his own dumbness. People like Cummings knew the day would come when he would need to extract his revenge or of course write his best selling book and would have been storing away papers, emails and photos etc. Sadly it shows how incredibly dumb the leader of the country is by not seeing this 'Cumming'. Almost certainly still be secret if Cummings was still in post.

Sun Tzu is credited with the phrase “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.” He obviously wasn't married.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Yes - and I happen to SHARE her dim view of Cummings, but she should not have been able to influence his sacking.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  16. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I support her view of Cummings, but 2 things, 1. The running of the country has feck all to do with her and 2. As I said it was obvious that Cummings was going to extract his total and utter revenge, but Boris showed a political dumbness that beggars belief, maybe had he been alert to the political dangers of sacking Cummings instead of worrying about losing his bedroom privileges none of this would have entered the public domain, let's be honest as a man on hid 3rd marriage and with 7 kids and counting, he is the classic 'feckless father' that historically tories have always railed against.

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

How rude you are, how do you know Mr Cummings is not a very nice chappy :emoticon-0142-happy

18. realred1952

Not that simple to explain Ashton, . ...there is a protocol for all such investigations and inquiries. Media uses every trick in the book as does the opposition to hood wink the "unknowing public"
    We do not get to see the same reaction to the dozens of enquiries etc that take part all the time.
    The police get a copy of them all [ most of them ] this is to ensure no crimes have been committed [ not the crime that jumps into your mind "parties" ] or are likely to be or anyone has suffered an injustice of being interviewed. Or any aspect interferes with matters of national security.
    The law lords and legal departments get a copy to ensure that no "rules regarding the enquiry" and all legal aspects are above board.
    Within the parliament structure Ministers get a copy to ensure the total security, staff and procedural aspects observed.
    the .GOV GETS A COPY .. to peruse and agree to its entirety or any aspect that arises from all of the above copies.

There may be "evidence of " within the enquiry but the Met will need to ascertain its relevance to following it up .........

19. realred1952

if he was the only one no need ...lol... seriously though .. In 1981 I got redundancy from ST Annes BM . 3m out of work and jobs like hens teeth. I did a 4 week survey on the Bristol road to link south to north WE HAD 2 DAYS TRAINING.. just to ask questions of random people about 15 per night min 100 per week [ weekends also ]The road was from A38 / HIGHRIDGE to Hanham area. Airport road Callington road through what is now Bains fire places, through Broomhill across river avon. It was all open space planned in the late 40's early 50's ... was going ahead before it stopped the year before start! Missed opportunity!

20. realred1952

answers all my statements... end of now. we are who we are!<ok>