1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boom boom boom.....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Aug 3, 2018.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

....let me hear you say Tayo.....Tayo.

San Diego likes this.
  2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Decent player with an impressive pedigree... But by the looks of it, he's a holding midfield player and having signed Chalobah already, that leaves us with Skuse, Downes, Dozzell Trev and now Tayo to play the holding role.. Which seems rather excessive.

It also looks like he plays the same positions as Nydam (CM, DM, LM, LB) so would probably allow him to go out on loan somewhere

Nuggets likes this.
  3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Nice pun, you've been waiting for this one Weighty? I'm a bit mixed on this loan signing. Undoubtedly a player with plenty of potential and was part of the England U-19 team alongside Dozzell and Chalobah who won the tournament (he even made it into the Team of the Tournament, despite being suspended for the final). As Scowey has highlighted, this lad's natual position is a deep-lying midfielder and an auxiliary left back. Does Hurst believe he can play as a left-winger? Hopefully we can sign him if he does well for us, because I'd like to think our own highly-rated youngsters (Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, and Kenlock) are not sacrificing minutes on the pitch to accommodate the new lad. But hey ho, fingers crossed he does well.

itfcptc likes this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I have a feeling he'll play at LW.

Welcome to Town, Tayo