1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Booing

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Nobody on here will admit to booing/cheering Harper off the pitch, nobody ever does, so I won't waste time pointing fingers. But I think it's ****ing disgusting. How can our fans, who ironically chant that we are "by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" (the fans making up a large majority of the club, mind), then turn on their own players?

I've played semi pro football and have played in games where team mates have been taken off to jeers and howls. Believe you me, it gets to them. Sure you can give the whole "Oh, they are men and get paid blah blah" but at the end of the day, who the **** wants a psychologically damaged player who knows that one wrong move will cause the stadium to boo them? You would be very surprised at how much crowd influence has on a player.

Damn right NP should have shouted at the crowd when he made the decision to take him off. Granted, he was the worst of a bad bunch, but I don't recall players from Manchester Utd or Chelsea getting booed/cheered off when subbed. If they have a bad game, clap them and show your support. The season is over now anyway, so give them a boost and get behind them.

The people around me in the South Stand are guilty as hell and I for one will be making myself heard if I catch them doing it again.

Apologies for the rant, it's just a part of football I can't stand.

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I've never booed a City player for that very reason, I just sit there and silently loathe them.

3. Gawge

Gawge Well-Known Member

Well said Tommy.

I didn't realise we had so many moronic supporters. If you don't like James Harper, then by all means say that on these forums, say it on the journey home, but don't completely demoralise the team during a game. I don't see how booing helps in any way, it ruins the confidence of Harper, it demoralises the team, it puts potential new players off from joining our club and it generally makes you look like an idiot.

Sure, you "pay your money", but surely if you pay money to watch Hull City, you want them to succeed, not fail due to a lack of confidence. Not only that, but if I pay to go to see a film at the cinema and I don't like the performance of an actor, I either put up with it or walk out.

If you feel so upset at a performance that you have to single out an individual, boo him and sarcastically cheer him when substituted, then maybe it would be a good idea to stay at home for our next game? You certainly wouldn't be missed.

Also, is it any wonder why our home form is so poor?

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I sit behind the dugout and I saw the fourth official put Harper's number on the board and as he went to hold it up I was saying in my head 'Don't jeer, don't jeer.....', obviously my telepathy needs a little more work.

5. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

While I despise those morons that boooo players, I was heartened yesterday when the West Stand lead a round of applause (which most in the South Stand - where I sit - then followed) as he shook Pearson's hand and groped his bum!

Showed the Booo Boys up for what they are.

6. James

James New Member

Sound like E1 and E2 where the cheers where coming from. Pretty much everyone else seemed to clap himoff.

7. TJ

TJ Member

I fully agree with you Tommy, I'd never boo a player. Yes, fans have the right to boo a player as they have paid to watch us and if a player hasn't done his job they have a right to boo him. However, booing players gets you nowhere at all, it just upsets the player and in most cases will cause him to carry on his blip of form. Don't do it, it doesn't help.

8. hullchrissp

hullchrissp New Member

You could hear a huge cheer from E1 and 2 when Harpers number came up which was pretty shamefull really.

I dont rate Harper but yesterday he was possibly the most committed player, not the most able, but he did get stuck in and was at least looking to get forward.

9. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

Anybody who booed Harper yesterday is an absoloute knobhead and can **** off, we don't want 'fans' like that. They jump on the bandwagon after he had that miss against Scunthorpe and find it funny to blame him for everything. They have no common sense, not only does it get to the player themselves but it will put the other players off as well if they see the crowd booing one of thier mates, it makes them feel uncomfortable and it's hardly going to make them attatched to the club. People say that they pay their money so have the right to boo/cheer but that's not what being a football fan is about, you support your team through thick and thin and defend them, not boo when one player has a bit of an off game because somebody has to take the blame. If you have this attitude why not support man utd or chelsea as they win all the time because you clearly have no affiliation with Hull City. Sorry for the rant but it really pisses me off

10. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

i didnt hear any yesterday, i thought he got a good round of applause, but maybe my hearing is going..
    i thought yesterday was the best haper has played for us, that pass in the 1st half was quality, and he actually got stuck in to some challenges, which has been my main criticism of him.. was quite surprised he came off

11. Wiles

Wiles Member

There is never a need to boo any of your own players. I can honestly say I stood and clapped.

12. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

I didnt hear anybody boo yesterday ? just ironic cheers from the E1 end...... i thought he ( Harper ) played well

13. Tigers piss on weeds

It makes no difference if you converse about this on here as no one will listen nor do they come on here to read it, like ive said many times on here a majority of Hull City supporters are stupid and have no sense of sportsmanship or morality.

14. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

Pearson shouted to the west stand "well done for booing your own player" and he shouted it countless times.

15. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

And his passion for his team and the club are wrong??????????????????????/

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I didn't hear anyone in the west boo Harper.

The advantage of being in the west is that you don't hear cheering, jeering, singing, or anything else.........

17. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

OLM,

Without sounding like a wierdo stalker was you wearing a blue sweatshirt/hoody with yellow writing on the front at the game yesterday ?

<diva>

18. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

Exactly. He took the defeat with very little grace which dissapointing however I guess it was to be expected with such a poor performance. He looked tense and under pressure though.

19. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I heard that as well.At first I thought he was having a pop at the Lino but then clicked on to what he was saying.He wasn't best pleased with the jeering of Harper and rightly so.

****ing disgraceful.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I was and I'm now looking into getting a restraining order. <laugh>