1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bony to Man City?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

1) He cost Spurs £8.8m from Hoffenheim; http://www1.skysports.com/football/...rdsson-happy-to-have-joined-tottenham-in-2012
    2) He was in and out of the side at Spurs and played out of position for 2 seasons....yes his value should have decreased in that time, especially when you consider....
    3) Spurs wanted to flog him as he had not worked out as expected and they needed to sell some players in order to buy some more...the availability of Siggy was touted all summer;
    http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal.../report-sigurdsson-to-leave-spurs_161243.html
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...D-by-Sigurdsson-and-Dawson-s-refusal-to-leave
    &
    4) the only other club interested were Palace who were allowed to speak to Siggy after tabling a bid of £8m;
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/18/gylfi...layer-after-tottenham-agree-transfer-4803095/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    LIBERTARIAN and swanselona like this.
  2. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

He wants to cover the clubs failings in that deal terror :) leave him keep trying :)

They would have you believe that it was good business straight swapping Vorm/Davies for Siggy. Then when that doesn't work out, they will go on claiming Davies for Siggy + £3.5m for Vorm, who the club said went for free. Hence the whole Utrecht debacle.

So what was it? Did we get a penny from spurs in the deal? Who knows, but the whole deal seemed to be worse off for us.

3. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

I looked back to se if my memory is correct, it is. Gylfi turned down Palace because he wanted to get his place back in the Spurs team. Spurs would have accepted £8.5 for a player they valued at £6.5 - £7mn.
    He was not playing well for Spurs and was very much a bit part player, Spurs were looking to bring in better players with the Euro's firmly in their sights. So yes his value had dropped considerably at Spurs.
    A work colleague and Spurs fan reckoned many Spurs fans thought the Palace bid was way over the odds for a player who had failed to establish himself in the team or with the fans and was going backwards.

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, my memory playing tricks it seems, for some reason I had a £10 Million figure at the back of my mind from the bidding war between Liverpool and Spurs, perhaps it might have been 10 Million Euros?...........<cheers>

5. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

With the obscene way clubs are paying for players these days then siggs deal was a snip. messi valued at £130m is so obscene and even Bony at £25m is over the top that is ruining clubs up and down the country who are forced to find large amounts of money for the right player just to stay in the league they are in. It will be the ruination of club football eventually as clubs wont be able to afford to stay in business. It's only a matter of time now....

7. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

When Bony starts out scoring Aguerro I think man city will think they have had a very good deal. Maybe.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. Taffvalerowdy

Dai - isn't tomorrow the deadline for bids for the next TV deal for live matches? Sky, BT and the Discovery Channel are all expected to bid for some/all of the 7 packages that contain 168 matches. It could be that on average each live game will cost the TV companies £8m<yikes>

9. swanseaandproud

I hate the way football is going without giving its fans any thought. It will come to a head soon it has too ...

10. trundles left foot

Dai a question do you want us to be involved in this or not.

11. swanseaandproud

??????????

trundles left foot likes this.
  12. trundles left foot

I know it is a big question. I want to be part of it as long as we can, but as we are now still with partial fan ownership. I just hope that we will not all be priced out of going. then I would rather be down the leagues so we can watch our side.

13. swanseaandproud

There will always be a football team in swansea as long as we can make more money than we spend and we have been good at it. but even we cant stay in front for much longer with the way money is the major factor on what players we can get and what wages we can pay The signs are already there with the club wanting investors to join the club. Im a member of the trust and i as always will attend and put a few topics to get answers from. I have already spoken privately and got the answers but ill tell you the trust is worried about the future with regards of affordability and that includes everything involved with the club.

14. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Jovetic is one unhappy ****ing camper!

If they knew this was going to happen, they'd have been smarter to loan him out before the deadline .... even to us to offset for the fire sale we gave them on Bony.

15. Taffvalerowdy

Bony should have scored there on his debut for Citeh!