1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Buckyohare, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

So, Bolton next. Glad we didn’t play Wycombe before the new signings but I imagine we won’t see Morsy yet as his suspension was upheld. Bit of a bummer that given how important I expect he is in addressing the soft centre to our spine.

I’d still think we can beat Bolton. Walton in goal will help hugely, we’re at home..,the def weakness is the nagging problem without Morsy and (you’d hope) a upgrade in Edmundson. When is he due to play does anyone know?

2-2 would be true to form but I’ll go 2-1 as Walton makes the difference…

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I agree,cut out just one defensive blunder and my 2-1 prediction finally comes good!

3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

We gotta win one day, 3-0, rampant display, no stupid errors, and 7 new signings dont get a look in!

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

2-0 win

6. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

4-3 win.

absolute calamity defending from both sides and we do our utmost to throw it away but somehow hold out for the win.

Bonne x2, Edwards, Burgess

Buckyohare likes this.
  7. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Scowey - been a while since you've posted on here?

As for the match, a 1-0 Town win - I think the time on the training ground will help and with the likes of Walton, Burgess, Edmondson (hopefully), and Morsy in the side, we'll be tougher to break down. I've got tickets, and considering where we are in the table, I'd take a scrappy three points and a clean sheet over loads of goals.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Remember, Morsy is out for three games with his red card suspension though <ok>

Nuggets likes this.
  9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Dammit.

I'll go 2-2 then :emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think we will improve, but Bolton could jump to third this evening and I think they will just be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of playing us. They are not going to be quaking in their boots at facing our new goalkeeper. It’s going to take a while to have any kind of psychological edge over our opponents.

11. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Bolton had 75% possession and 25 attempts on goal (albeit without scoring) against Burton last night...doesnt look like it will be an easy game on Saturday

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Yeah they did have the ball in the net. Will be interesting to see what happens Saturday. The other side of it is we’ve had two weeks to really work on things instead of the usual match preparation treadmill.

San Diego likes this.
  13. Buckyohare

Worth bearing in mind the ‘dream team’ we could field is not the same as the team we actually can field. So I expect the line up to be the same players that have failed to record a win as yet given two international players we’ve signed in Celina and Morsy are unfit and suspended.

Celina could easily take a good while to get up to top match fitness level…like KVY, we just gotta hope he can get back to his best.

with a min 3 games before either is likely to play (I suppose Celina could come off the bench but he’s had serious health issues…) we’re hoping our current midfield can prove more capable of defensive work than it has.

So whilst I can see how the squad is complete, the ability to field the best and fully fit 11 is still an agonising wait away. And I am still giving him time to account for this undeniable issue. I do believe Cook knows what his ideal team is give or take the form/fitness of the attackers as we have so many now. Take Norwood; can def do a job, but you can’t trust his fitness he’s never available for more then 3-4 games on the trot.

So is it time to Enter carrol as a sit deep midfielder and put Evans ahead of him? Bit of a gamble given he’s not played at all yet. So probably Harper and Evans and the usual squeaky bum time when we’re not in possession…..

once we see Morsy playing his first games we can see if this system is going to deliver. He seems the vital player in all this.

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like everyone is pinning our hopes on morsy to fix our team

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I wouldn’t see it as a gamble to put Carroll in. I see it as madness that he hasn’t been in already. Put him and Walton in and it should be an improvement. Even with our very best XI out though, we are a long way from firing on all cylinders and Bolton have a psychological edge.

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think the GK is a potentially even more important player. Hladky has been awful.

17. Buckyohare

So, no Celina or Edward’s. A good reason to have all this strength in depth.

Im sticking by my 2-1 with the following line up as hinted to by pc in the eadt:

Walton
    KVY Wolf (Edmundson subbed on) Burgess Coulson
    Evans Harper
    Burns Fraser Chaplin
    Bonne

18. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I think Edmundson will start and it will be Caroll instead of Harper, the rest is probably about right for what we currently have available

19. Buckyohare

Hmmm, no Fraser. Aluko over Barrie….not convinced. Fraser must be injured he’s not even on the bench.

well San Diego, u called Edmundson. I couldn’t see him starting after a long injury lay off. Great to finally see what he made of.

Chaplin in the 10. Hope he can get going now.

20. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Come on Ipswich!