1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton Wanderers.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, May 14, 2019.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

In fairness, companies are dissolved all the time, for many reasons. Entrepreneurs create SPVs and all manner of enterprises. Entrepreneurs also have as many (if not more) failures than successes, but dust themselves off and go again.

It doesn’t always mean they’ve ‘gone to the wall’ owing creditors and customers thousands.

I’d be interested to understand how many of Dale’s companies actually had to call in administrators or went into CVA.

However, all that said, this pretty much goes back to my earlier suggestions for a proper compliance regime within football.

UTRs, Tramore Ranger and kiwiqpr like this.
  2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Bury still on the brink but their record still stands the test of time. The last club to win the FA Cup without conceding a goal, and their winning score of 6-0 a record only equalled last season by neighbours Man City...

Uber_Hoop, WBA2_QPR3, UTRs and 2 others like this.
  3. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Bolton now on the brink. I really feel for the supporters of that proud old club. Just goes to show what mismanagement can lead to.

QPR has been lucky in spite of those that control it.

4. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

The Fit and proper ownership test has to be reviewed. Two clubs this season struggling, others have done in the past, time for the football authorities to get their house in order...otherwise, it isn't just the fans that lose, it isn't just the playing staff that lose, it is those in the cities that depend on the trade of visiting fans, the people that work behind the scenes and a city that loses part of it's identity.

5. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

good point made on another forum for Bury to ground share with Bolton. If either of these clubs go to the wall then the English FA should hang their heads in shame

kiwiqpr, mapleranger and WBA2_QPR3 like this.
  6. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

It pains me to say so, but "There but for the grace of Briatore and Ecclestone go we" is painfully true.

We were facing this exact situation, and would have gone down this route had they not thrown money at the club. They were terrible long term, but we only HAD a long term because they came in when they did.

We are now in a far better situation, and looking at a future that - off the pitch at least - is far more positive than maybe we deserve. It could have been so different.

Feel really bad for all Bolton and Bury fans - despite the job losses, we carry our team with us for life so I feel that the fans are the real victims here.

WBA2_QPR3 likes this.
  7. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too surprised if several championship clubs suffer a similar fate soon enough. Over the last few years some have been well and truly been rolling the dice to get into the Prem and been failing badly and as has been pointed out on here fines and points deductions will only push you closer to the abyss

Ninj and WBA2_QPR3 like this.