1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland – Saturday 29th January 2022 - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jan 26, 2022.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Jan 29, 2022.
  1. Home Win

1.4%
  2. Away win (SAFC)

87.3%
  3. Draw

11.3%
  1. Zidane

Zidane Well-Known Member

I have been one of his biggest supporters.

Tonight I'm starting to think differently. You just can't have 3 or 4 of our worst ever results in history and expect to keep your job.

However this isn't just on Johnston. While everyone has been getting a bonk on about getting another exciting youngun we have sleepwalked into a position where there is practically no experience and no bottle on the pitch.

I never thought we would get promoted this season with players with practically zero experience in the proper men's game and as you can see, when they all melt on same day it gets embarrassing.

So the strategy for this season as decided by Speakman is equally as bad as Johnson.

2. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Well we are up to two and a half now, doesn’t look to good for him.:emoticon-0105-wink:

3. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

You don't need a tin hat,mate.

LAMackem likes this.
  4. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Thing is, soon as we rocked up a 4 at the back line up could how things would go mate. Absolutely ****e it personally.

LD19SAFC likes this.
  5. Robref62

Robref62 Well-Known Member

Probably no chance he'd come here but Daniel Farke ex Norwich is still unemployed.

6. John Wick

Can you imagine this bloke in charge in the Championship? Can't organise a leauge one team.

Billy Batts likes this.
  7. rooch 3

It’s a huge problem now with the number of games left.

8. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Calmed down a bit now but looking at today rationally makes it even worse. Worst result in the clubs history. Third or fourth time we’ve completely folded and took a hiding. Manager can’t see we are weak wide open and easy to play against when we lose the ball We may pick up and win a few but confidence in LJ is shot. Another capitulation will happen sooner of later Desperately looking for a silver lining and the lads who came on looked good but Honestly don’t know where we go from here

9. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Irrelevant as he doesn’t get us promoted. No chance.

Wes and John Wick like this.
  10. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I don't want him gone either. There are lots of things he does that are frustrating and I sometimes can't figure out what he's thinking or why he's done something but I still think he's a good fit for what the club are trying to do. I've said before, I don't expect him to still be at the club when we get back into the Prem but he's right for where we are now. I still think he'll get us promoted sooner or later.

Blond Bombshell and smithy in nl like this.

11. John Wick

I said early on in the thread that it's not just down to Johnson, but he is paid to organise and motivate the team. You get the feeling that a lesser manager with this squad of players would have us doing better.

clockstander likes this.
  12. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

fuming no one even tried in that game i left when it was 4

Blond Bombshell and John Wick like this.
  13. rooch 3

Well that’s 3 and 2 on the fence, still not a great endorsement for LJ.

14. John Wick

To be honest, when I think of Johnson now, all I see is him getting mugged off by Maguire in my minds eye, that an several big defeats. Oh and him giving it the bigun when we drew Arsenal in the cup.

15. Mackem74

Mackem74 Well-Known Member

Today was ****ing horrendous and I'm not going to defend LJ but you have to accept we are going down a different route and days like today, perhaps not 6.0, are going to happen. We are buying young kids and giving them a platform and they are going to make mistakes. We have so many kids in that starting 11. Half playing in first season. We are all ****ing hurting but lets not beat the players up too much. Let's get behind them.

16. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I still can't get my head around why we changed to a back 4, I'd love to know why he thought we would magically make it work

17. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I'm often sceptical about sacking managers. The only time recently that I've been in favour was over Parkinson. I generally think there's more to it than the manager's ability, which must be high to even get a job at this level. They manager is often just the fall guy. The club is improving all the time under KLD but there's still a long way to go, so to blame all of our problems solely on the manager is short sighted in my opinion.

Blond Bombshell and rooch 3 like this.
  18. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Not beating the players up mate. Just feel we need someone to get us out this league as quick as we can. Big Sam I accept is not everyone’s cup of tea but what he is good at is normally getting results in very quickly. Yes we have kids which is great. Maybe someone as experienced as him and Defoe can inspire them to get what’s needed. Something not right at the moment by the regular heavy defeats. Note I just referenced six month contract and hopefully look at someone who can get us knocking on the right end of the Championship if we can get there? We just need to get out this league. It’s killing everyone.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

bet the new guys are thinking why didn't the ****er play us, bet they were itching to prove themselves, now thinking do i play for this twat have i made the right decision coming here

20. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco Well-Known Member

Haven’t read any other comments, currently somewhere near Leeds ok the way home

sack the **** tonight