1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BOLTON v QPR Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Aug 24, 2013.

1. superHusky1

superHusky1 Active Member

Hoilett and Philips are injured, so bit rash to criticise HR over their absence.

2. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

He's suggesting two injured players should have been in the team FFS!

3. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Oh, do me a favour Swords, he is talking in general terms go forwards. Flyer may be harsh, but he is not an idiot.

4. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Where did I do that? I just stated wed have more going forward when those three play.

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I guess you are right about closing out the game Beth, but I absolutely hate to see it. We're winning by one with five minutes to go and have a corner - let's get another goal and it's over.

6. Swords Hoopster.

I'm not so sure about that to be honest. Any fool can be constantly negative and point out what's WRONG but it takes someone with a bit more brainpower to acknowledge what's right and be positive about what, lets face it, has been a good start to the season.

Show me the man who constructs positive arguments and I'll show you intelligence (like your good self).

Show me the opposite and I'll show you an idiot.

7. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Zamora tried it three times and lost it three times within two seconds. In fact he was 0 for 10 in keeping the ball. He was literally worse than a pub player today as you can't do worse than lose the ball every single time which is what he did.

On the other hand, crouch tried a shot with 30 secs to go instead of going to the corner, its was saved and the keeper hoofed it and the other team scored relegating saints.

8. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Do you see the following as a positive post or not?

It highlights issues and suggests solutions. Whether you agree or not is immaterial (although interesting). Personally I'm happy with ONeil playing wide right as he teams up well with Simpson and can't see him getting into the team otherwise, but Phillips will probably be better as a typical right winger.

9. Swords Hoopster.

Not.

He's slating the MOTM and calling another guy crap despite both playing in all (or most?) of our opening 4 games in which we've got 10 points. He also slated Green earlier too despite him having a very good game.

Look, if hes like this when we're winning, what the hell will he be like when we're losing?

10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

There should always be a place for healthy cynicism.

11. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Pride restored. Many had low expectations for this season. Many queried Harry's signings. It looks like he knows what he is doing.

12. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Have to say, I thought Simpson had an influential performance today. He dominated the wing as an attacking full back. He was consistent in his primary role as full back. So was MoM for me.
    I thought Clint was disappointing by his standards (other than his assist) - surprised to see him get his award.
    AJ was troublesome. SWP was wasteful and we need a replacement for him quickly.

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Did you see the last 2 minutes against Wigan last season?!!

14. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Got to agree with Swords there, it was definitely not intended as positive comment it was a direct response to Stroller's (Positive) post about Clint's performance at Left Back. Clint was MOTM ffs and without him we would not have gone home with all 3 points.

15. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I've said this before............I always find it quite amazing how people can see the same game so differently. After a dodgy first 20mins I thought Clint was superb. His passing was so much better than it normally is imo.

16. Swords Hoopster.

Agreed. It is bizarre that SWR thought he was poor. NUTS also thought Barton had a 'mare!

17. superHusky1

superHusky1 Active Member

The complant was implicit - or perhaps that's just the cumulative affect of reading your posts!

18. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Aside from one misplaced pass that could have cost us Clint was brilliant, he was solid, used the ball well, swung 2 or 3 dangerous crosses into the box and barely set a foot wrong. And for a player who is past it he still had a decent turn of pace for the goal. A vastly underrated footballer in my opinion and he has been our POTY twice for a reason.

19. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

He did well but you dont want him there for an entire season. Hill, 1 assist in 2+ years. Yun, 1 assist in 2 or 3 games.

Yun is clearly better going forward and even Hill himself admits he hasnt got the legs to play LB.

20. Swords Hoopster.

He was there for an entire season in our last NPC campaign. I wonder what was the outcome that year?

Redknapp has been totally vindicated picking Hill ahead of Yun. He's played superbly. Just goes to show that we don't know what goes on in training during the week and how well the lads relate to one another. I bet that Harry wanted to keep a British spine in the team to get us up and running in this campaign because that strength and understanding is vital at this particular level.