1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bolton v Norwich

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Feb 14, 2019.

?

Win lose or draw?

1. Norwich to Win

71.4%
  2. Draw

7.1%
  3. Bolton to win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reading win

21.4%
  1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Spot on CS - I realised my error this morning!! <ok>

Edit -
    Enjoy

PS - I'm just HOPING we get to see Shearer and co on MotD reviewing some of our play next season!!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Canary Spring likes this.
  2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Our play was fantastic again. The movement, the speed, the one touch football. Unstoppable.

Remi, like Dec the other night, top class!

That penalty was total sh*te, yet again, and looked like every other bloody one they have missed! Soft side-foot, easy height, and near the Keeper. Really pathetic from professional footballers.

3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why doesn't DF get them to watch some old footage of Grant Holt and the way he used to dispatch them when called on. High, wide and handsome <ok>

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Totally agree re pathetic penalties and I guess with each one where we fail to score, the pressure on the player taking itit intensifies. Another 6 (or even 4!!!) goals on our GD, would see us well ahead of all the chasing pack.
    Yesterday's game and some of our play was sublime and Trybull was at the heart of everything.
    PotS will be VERY interesting!?

5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How do you choose between Pukki, Trybull and Buendia
    in terms of overall contribution (so far) :emoticon-0145-shake
    And Stiepermann has proved he's no LB! <laugh>

RiverEndRick likes this.
  6. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Unless his goals dry up, I am pretty sure Pukki will get the accolade, strikers normally get the recognition when they score 20+

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    JM Fan likes this.
  7. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

It's very possible pukki could get another 7 this season, making him joint highest scorer every in a championship season.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Tend to agree - but SOOO many candidates!!

9. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Not really, Pukki surely has it sewn up. For a few main reasons.
    Goals
    Consistent high work rate and performance level
    His chief competitors have mainly been in and out if the side with injuries
    With our defence still suspect can if really be a defender?
    Which leaves Buendia for me.

So many of the lads have been outstanding but Pukki will/probably should win.
    Who gets second, I have no idea?

Krul has done ok, better than he looked to start with but assuming no other losses from the squad if we go up, first priority would be a keeper
    Klose brilliant until injured now replaced very ably.
    Zimmermann, growing in stature (is that even possible #beast) and influence.
    Lewis now feels under the radar but quietly super important cog in a great team
    Arrons, fabulous season for one so young, he has a chance of winning PofS but has made as a youngster some mistakes
    Tettey, fab season rolled back the years but will always attract some undue criticism because of what he is not.
    Vrancic, great when he got his chance, brings more goals than Mo, but is the team as good?
    Mo simply makes us tick, had he not got injured and we had continued the way we were I think he might have challenged Pukki.
    Todd great breakthru season but a ways to go to being a 1st team regular
    Henandez great season, sometimes final ball found wanting but an exciting player who makes space for others
    Stiepermann, who woulda thunk it. keeps churning out great performances. But could do with a few more goals and perhaps run down a couple less blind alleys.
    Buendia, brilliant player, tough and tenacious with so much skill. only criticism might be needs to occasionally pull out of the silly challenges in and around our box

In these reviews there are minor criticisms/observations more to differentiate than to say they have been anything but brilliant

Other players have made notable contributions and been good w hen called on but, Trybull, Rhodes, Godfrey have not been in the side enough to be considered for PofS in my umble

My Top3

Pukki
    Buendia
    Arrons

Bah!

10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I reckon he will get more than 7 in the remaining games, or at least I hope so

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

<applause><applause>

12. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

4 excellent goals again, but Zimbos chip to Pukki was sublime.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. Forgot_My_Lines

14. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Sums it up very well GM. This has been a whole squad effort all season but Pukki has been exceptional with 23 goals and 6 assists in 30 matches. He's also excellent at harassing defenders and taking the ball away as well. His inventiveness and coolness in taking his chances is also truly exceptional. It has to be him for me, but Buendia has also been outstanding in both attack and defence (excepting his penalties conceded) and Aarons has been amazing in the extreme. So many others would be in contention if it wasn't for injuries.

Pukki actually needs 8 more goals to equal the record for a season:

https://infogram.com/pink-ncfc-top-league-goalscorers-1h7v4pr8nw8j2k0?live

JM Fan likes this.
  15. Forgot_My_Lines

Pukki would be my number 1 vote so far this season. I have never found it so hard to narrow it down to a top 3 before.

16. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Sorry got to disagree particularly with these two. Tettey has done ok and better than most including me expected, but to say that he has had a fab season and attracts undue criticism, in my mind is well wide of the mark. Tettey has made plenty of mistakes this season and has not always shown a level of mature as captain one would generally expect of some one of his experience. He has costs us plenty of goals, probably as many as Krul, but because he's been with us longer and his mistakes aren't as obvious as when Krul makes a mistake he doesn't get held to accounts as much. I think Krul has been much more influential in supporting our at times very young defence than Tettey and I can see him retaining his position should we get to the PL. Our main problem with keepers is we have insufficient cover should Krul get injured. Depending on finances or other priorities you could argue that we should get a younger keeper of a similar or slightly better standard than Krul, but I can't see Krul going anywhere. What we will need to do if we make it to the PL is get an upgrade for Tettey.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Canario I’m afraid General

Tettey had some excellent performances early in the season, but he’s not consistent enough for his experience level

carrowcanario likes this.
  18. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Great post CC, I don't disagree Tettey has made mistakes but has improved around and played for the main very well, perhaps not so much so since his injury return. For the PL though I still maintain keeper is highest priority. We have Trybull who whilst not always the best DM in the championship I think would be better suited to the position in the PL. So perhaps with him here already and Tettey and Thompson if ever fit we have what we need as backup too. Of course as well as most of our team/squad have done it's about evolution and improving so I would say no one would be safe as first choice as Webber will have rabbits for all positions I'm sure.
    Krul I think does have a decent influence on the youngsters around him but so might another keeper, who is better. He's our weakest link in the championship that will still be the case if/When we go up.

Bah!

19. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

Hunt scored his 31 when we were in division 3 south though I think. The most scored in a championship season is 30 l believe.

RiverEndRick and oc terry like this.
  20. jaob

jaob Active Member

I think it's quite telling when you can't easily pick a stand out player for PotS. Pukki has to be there for the goals and consistency and that will probably be the decider in the end but he's not the most gifted player, up until his injury Leitner was to my mind the best player by far in the squad and in many ways the most influential, just hope he comes back to the same level. Buendia is also outstanding but does have off days as do Vrancic and Sieperman when looking across all the games. Trybull and Hernandez have been great but also come and go. Klose and Zimmerman were great etc etc etc. In truth you can go through the whole team and put up good cases for them. As we stand however Pukki has been consistently performing at the top end of his job description and to me is PotS thus far. Closely followed by Leitner and Buendia. Let's hope the competition is just as hard to unravel at the end of the season as well.

RiverEndRick and canary-dave like this.