1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton A

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

After beating 10 man Leeds ( thanks idiot for the red card ) - also - thanks Leeds fans for throwing seats / fireworks and all kinds of coins to the people sitting below you. I really cannot abide your football club. I'll get some people on here saying ' it's the minority bla bla bla I know good Leeds fans ' - well they let themselves down as a club time after time after time. It's the first time we've been good enough to give away fans more seats due to our pathetic attendances, we didn't have to do this Leeds Utd. Then we get repaid in this way. Really winds me up, it was bad enough on the two occasions I've visited Elland Road ( Darren Currie miss 04/05 + the day we sent you down with the pitch invasion ) - some absolutely grim scenes outside Elland Road the latter I will not forget in a hurry.

Anyway, thank god we've played them H / A for another season and that's out the way.

Onto Bolton. With that win at Leeds, we're now 4 points off with a worse goal difference so five in reality. Until we're capable of winning 2 in a row that's me done with being positive - and I think a draw will be the order of the day Saturday. Before Bolton's loss at rapidly improving Brentford, they'd won 2/2 and have a decent chance of digging their way out of relegation.

Hyam/ Bru / Sears / Drinian / Nydam all playing for the U23s today for fitness / so perhaps have some more minutes / fitter players Sat. Be good to have Nydam back, however don't see him displacing Skuse / Connolly.

Will Bart be a town player come Saturday? Talks that Palace are back in. For heavens sake, if you're going just go. Rather this doesn't drag out until Jan 31 - it clearly WILL - so we're both able to move forward. Yes, I support Ipswich but if in your position and could probably more than double wages / realistic chance of being Palace number 1 and potentially your last opportunity to go to the Prem I'd be there in a flash. Especially when you consider how ITFC are being run.....

Any more business in this week? A couple needed quickly, please :)

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

1-0 win

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Fair play to the Town fans who will make the trek to the northwest for what will no doubt be a dour affair.I'll predict a 2-1 win.

4. Westlake33

I went to Bolton 14/15 when we drew 0-0 - I think the only 0-0 I've ever seen live following ITFC when Tabb SHOULD have scored and we'd have gone top....seems a long time ago now. I think just shy of 900 went and the atmosphere was toilet. Another stadium out the town centre by a complex. Grim.

5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Bolton 3-0 Town

**** Off McCarthy you twat!

6. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I was there westy and grim just about sums up the whole experience.

7. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Gutsy 0-0 draw.

8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Just seen that Ipswich Town will be showing our U18 side's FA Youth Cup Fourth Round tie against Dagenham and Redbridge free on Facebook tonight. So if nobody has anything better to do tonight, the match will kick off at 7pm GMT. A good chance to see some of Klug's lads strut their stuff in a competitive match.

9. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Think we'll win and keep another clean sheet as well. (Mick will use that as reason he doesn't need a new Keeper or defenders after all)

2-0 to the Town.. Celina and Iorfa

10. Westlake33

Awful day wasn't it Field - from memory Tabb really should have scored but can't remember much else about the day.

Apart from me chancing U16 ticket for £5 whereas my friend bought an adult ticket for £20. Got the tickets through the post, I simply rubbed off the red pen of U16 just above the barcode part of my ticket and circled with black pen on both ticket the adult section.

In this day of barcode system for entering football stadiums it's incredibly rare I've bought an adult ticket the past 10 years.

11. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

[QUOTE="Westlake33, post: 11338940, member: 1008730"
    Will Bart be a town player come Saturday? Talks that Palace are back in. For heavens sake, if you're going just go. Rather this doesn't drag out until Jan 31 - it clearly WILL - [/QUOTE]

It makes you wonder who's dragging their heels regarding this....I reckon it's us then MM can say at the last minute 'Oh we had no time to sign anyone else'......hmmmmmmmm

12. Westlake33

It makes you wonder who's dragging their heels regarding this....I reckon it's us then MM can say at the last minute 'Oh we had no time to sign anyone else'......hmmmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't imagine Mick would be keen for Bart to go - appears Palace are the main ones interested however appear to be shopping so could have a bit of time to rumble left sadly.

Mick is on about some loanees for this game.

13. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of expected doom & gloom here, and all justified. But I am still here...just cheering our boys on!

I like our field no's 8-14, behind them, new boy in, not at all confident, and Iorfa still in it, as is Bart.

Never know with ITFC and who turns up.

Let's be different, totally irrational, and go for a 3-1 away win, just for the hell of it!

14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

This has nil nil written all over it

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Scrappy first half. McG making poor decisions again.

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Crap goal to concede. We just had an attack with Waghorn running on goal and he didn't shoot. Wasted chance then within 30 seconds the ball is at the other end and goal to Bolton.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  17. Southcoastoldgaffer

1 down now, missed chances.

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

We have lost that urgency, accuracy and power up front...that killer instinct of a few months ago. Same players, not effective.
    Need a goal badly. Only positives are new faces playing reasonably well.

19. Southcoastoldgaffer

This is our last effort and chance to redeem our mistiming engine - lose this, then that is the end of our season, players will then complete their departures as rumoured, and we just twiddle our thumbs til the summer.

Yawn!

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

All 5 teams above us are winning. Depressing, scrappy, lost heart, no desire, that's it for me.

Just feel sorry for all those townies who made that long, cold wet journey....for what?