1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bog Roll Anyone?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are, but even so it's more than overkill to buy that amount. And it's people like that who are causing shortages for the rest of us who just want to do their normal shopping and normal quantities, and not be faced with Xmas Eve type queues every time they go shopping.

2. Angelicnumber16

I get that but it's still sheep mentality and overkill, and I think that the supermarkets should be doing a lot more to ensure fair play and to prevent people from stockpiling ridiculous amounts of stuff.

My Sister in Law works at a Boots overnight a couple of nights a week in what is a 24 hour store, and her and her colleagues have been physically and verbally threatened when they have to explain that they don't have any hand sanitiser left to sell to customers.

Some of the remarks have been along the lines of 'You've sentenced my family to death' and 'I hope you get it and die'. Classy.....
    If people followed basic hygiene rules, and washed their hands properly for starters and just calmed down, they'd realise this is just ridiculous, as are they.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It's a similar thing in the workplace.
    I'm lucky insomuch as in my job I can work from home - and I do that about once a week normally - I really enjoy it to be honest, as long as nobody else is at home - working in a quiet house with my own kettle and toilet.
    However, there are some members of my team who have a 1980s mentality of 'if I can't see you then you're not working' - and those few 'old guard' are going absolutely nuts about the possibility of working from home. My company has just told everyone who is able to work from home NOT to come into the office yesterday and today, in order to test if the network can cope (it can) - but I've never seen so much wailing and moaning about not going into the office 'I need to be there, I haven't got a big screen at home, it's just a cold we'll be fine......' - it's pathetic really.
    I'm completely chilled - I am perfectly happy working from home, a hotel, the office or another one of our offices - I have my bog roll and pasta so I'm perfectly safe ;)

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. Angelicnumber16

Good on you !
    I worked from home for years (2004-2011) and I enjoyed every second of it. I'm now in a role where it is strongly discouraged, even though we have to provide OOH on call duties from home during the week and at weekends. It's just madness !
    I'd much rather WFH than endure Bristol traffic, and it's awfully maintained roads every day but there you go. Beggars can't be choosers and all that

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

went in Tesco's ...Briz …earlier .. to basically get 100 bog rolls, 20 packs of Spaghetti and 15 packs of pasta and 10 bags of flour tomato' citrus fruits etc
    COULDNT believe it no bog rolls spaghetti or pasta.... actually went for none of that ..lol already got 30 of each ...only joking..... Bread managed to get the loaves i wanted left a couple dozen on the shelves ….. no red meats 2/3rds of the aisle bare but there was an older woman struggling to push her trolley almost full of all sorts of chicken bits and suspect bottom layer was lamb or pork … last 40 trays of eggs... I bought a 15 lot ….. so good so far 2 loaves and eggs no Weetabix but got 20 packs of porridge .. cod a few Tesco brand [ quite good actually ] 3 packs got my citrus stuff lettuce and toms . Hot x buns tins of fruit nearly all gone x4 2 litres custard again looking short.. only 10 trolleys outside front door and rammed inside …. there must be the equivalent to 4 sides of aisles bare....

apparently LIDL BRIZ locked the doors at 10am to clear those inside then let people in in groups for an hour or so at 5pm que to get in carpark! Sheer madness …………...

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

7. johngalleyfan2

I told a woman in Tesco, quite loudly, so that the woman with 2 trolleys and about 200 toilet rolls in it when Corona virus strikes it leaves you constipated for 3 weeks...
    TESCO own brand bog rolls on sale at the local corner shop for £9 .99 …. along with Tesco own sausages! … is there a link?

8. RedorDead

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

10. RedorDead

Tesco’s have been limiting toilet rolls for a week or so over here. But people just went paid loaded their cars then went back in for more.
    Problem we’ve got now is online shopping. I get my fathers weekly shop online from Sainsburys and we get ours from Tesco’s but the next 3 weeks are already either booked out or they’ve cancelled everything.

11. RedorDead

12. RedorDead

13. johngalleyfan2

when I was a sales training manager Visual aids were always more meaningful than words alone … I made the same comments elsewhere but the written interpretation was not as powerfull as that
    10/10 ROD

RedorDead likes this.
  14. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I shared the same thing on Facebook yesterday morning....nice to have a bit of common sense!!!

RedorDead and Reliant Robin TC2 like this.
  15. bcfcredandwhite

<yikes><yikes>Gibraltar is in lockdown. All the bars and restaurants are forcibly closed :( but the shops are open.
    I’m due back on Thursday and I’m assuming I can still get back as I’ve not heard anything from EasyJet.
    If the UK goes into lockdown I might finally get to finish the decorating that I started years ago!!! That is if I’m not sick of course

16. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

But have you got the paint, brushes, filler, etc., etc., to allow you to finish your jobs?

17. bcfcredandwhite

Yes I have - bought it last weekend in anticipation (yes really!!)
    Just need some ceramic tiles and plumbing items and I’ll have everything!!

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

due to ground most of their planes from tomorrow unless full …. next door is air hostess and her flights to/from Europe stopped this week on a 10 day break!
    can you paddle a canoe? a friend of mine has a house there and does a lot of sea canoeing ….

19. bcfcredandwhite

Flight cancelled but managed to get on an earlier flight to Gatwick. now need to get from Gatwick to Bristol to pick up the car, before the parking mafia clamp it for overstaying.
    I tried to contact the airport parking but they are only contactable via online form - and have a 7 day turnaround for replying.

20. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Wtf is that all about!!