1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bobby Kerr

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc73, Apr 12, 2011.

1. safc73

safc73 Active Member

Just been thinking of better times............ anyone know what teh great Bobby Kerr is upto now.

2. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

Last I heard running a pub in Houghton Le Spring. This was a few year back mind.

3. safc73

safc73 Active Member

I know he was running the copt hill but I don't think that he is now............. how things have changed in football hey..............
    great footballer..... plenty of balls

4. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Still in the pub game, played 10 pin with him and Billy Hughes, when they were appos, and I was a spring chicken, bowling alley at the wheatsheaf, wont say the other name, when it had just opened, two good down to earth lads,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and still are,

5. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Probably struggling with the pubs, with the ****ing smoking ban!

6. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Running the Travellers rest, between Herrington Burn and Shiney Row (mill pit)

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

He left the Copt Hill in Houghton over a year ago now, I used to take the family there quite regularly for Sunday lunch, but it's went right back since Bobby left.
    I don't know how much truth is in this, but the rumours going about was that he left the Copt Hill because he had serious debts due to gambling.

8. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Pubs are hard work these days. Good luck to the little fellah. Was a legend in his day.

9. One Chance Asamoah

whats it like now? I havent been in a good 6year at least

10. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

The Copt Hill bar area has never changed much and is one of these pubs which has history and character. However, the the last meal I had there wasn't up to scratch so I havn't been back. Having said that, someone told me lately that they have a new chef now and he is pretty good, so I might give it another try soon.

11. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Bobby is a smashing bloke and have had the pleasure of his company on a few occassions. He was really effected by the death of his long time best pal and SAFC legend Jimmy McNab (one of the most genuine and nicest blokes I ever met in or out of football).

Drink isnt Bobbys best friend and he lost the Copt Hill much more than a year ago I think although I wont comment on any speculation as to why. The Copt Hill only recently re-opened after closing totally for a year and I went in with the family at the end of last summer. Meals were ordinary but not bad.

As for Bobby, anyone with an ounce of red & white blood in them would wish the little general well.

12. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Should not realy tell you this, but best sunday lunchtime food is the Sun inn, in Morpeth, if you dont book, come back monday. big parking area, but full and quickly full, our last booking 3 weeks ago, we cancelled from outside the building, due to nowhere to park, went to the Black door instead, has a good rep. ****in DIRE, BEST INDIAN the SAFFRON, MORPETH, had indians in Sunderland, so so, shields better, Noocarsehole, a bit better, Saffrom miles ahead.

13. safc73

safc73 Active Member

Thanks cest, your right.............top bloke.............top footballer............I wish him well.........

14. andersonhurleymcnab

15. safc73

safc73 Active Member

****, that is sad mate. Makes me feel quite angry about the prima donnas of today.

Anybody heard of him since?