1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bobby Clark

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Warmir Pouchov, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Bruce could have easily included him in some first team squad sessions. Or maybe he did and now he's running as fast as he can

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  3. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Which is more than can be said of the likes of Shelvey Hendrick and Hayden

4. Warmir Pouchov

Only 16 mate, way off first team. Liverpool, Spurs, Man U, Chelsea all offering him a deal. Just another Lewis Gibson, joins another academy because he can see a clear path, probably poorer coaching, poorer facilities and we are basically backward.

Munson. likes this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I know his age but how else, considering our current restraints, could we keep him. Imagine him training with ASM one day a week. How much motivation would he get? He would also see he's part of our future.

Whereas he probably looks at the **** loan deals given to our youngsters and regardless of performance are still not looked upon for first team.

If he's as good as everyone makes out then he should be there or thereabouts. Phil Foden made his city debut around the age of 16.

6. Warmir Pouchov

I think it would certainly interest him but I think the parameters for young lads now are far wider reaching. We couldn't keep him that's the point. These lads aren't daft. If the facilities are ****, and the coaching is below par, they know. They are all away with England together so they know other clubs operate. Its probably why he has went trial with them too. Gets to see what he is missing out on. To be honest despite his background with us, his dad has probably guided him away too. He is involved in the game, connected and will know exactly where the best place for his son is.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

So let's give up?
    May as well do a Keegan and scrap it

8. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Bruce won't play any of them anyway

Flash likes this.
  9. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

It was like.... Ok everyone banging on about Elliot Anderson. Plays ok. Everyone wants him included so what does Bruce do? That's right. **** off back to the u18s

Ben 10 likes this.
  10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Another example of the self styled 'big 6' just hoovering up whoever they want.
    **** them.
    I'll continue to root for any teams playing those vile ****s and celebrate every bloody nose they get.
    The PL and the 'big 6' are a cancer in our game.
    I really hoped they would **** off and still do.

Munson. and magpie290761 like this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

No certainly not but there is literally no way keeping these lads until we change as a club. Its not realistic, they and their parents are gonna put them in the right slot for the long term. To be honest the whole idea that Bruce is somehow to blame is bizarre. Not a single manager who has been here under Ashley has tackled the issue. Why? They are not allowed to because it costs money. The mad thing is if you committed to it and stuck at it for 5 years, you could potentially save a **** ton of money.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Problem for the young players is that all most managers are thinking about is surviving in the job and not the long term future of the club. We seem to be worse than most because throughout the club there is no long term plan.

Think we actually need a Football Director who sets in action a long term plan and spots opportunities where we can give younger players first team experience and uses it.

Over three of last four seasons we had opportunities to use younger players towards the end of season but didn't take them. Admittedly last season we didn't as it took us so long to guarantee safety.

We made such a big deal about trying to keep Matty Longstaff and then gave him no game time. The guy must be wondering why he stayed.

13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I think Matty was a scapegoat by Bruce. Everyone was clamouring for him to play so he threw him in against Man City thinking he'd flop but he has a decent game and that ended there.

Personally think that our last few managers have been ****e full stop with youngsters. I'm almost surprised MA hasn't said " play them, they do ok and we can sell them, you may get a larger transfer budget"

JakartaToon likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

Its very true about Longstaff. To me he didn't look ready and was crying out for a loan. We appeared to keep him just in case.

I mean I understand it somewhat because we are always too light squad and quality wise but you have to think about longer than the next few games with the young lads.

I suppose a lot of this stuff ends up at the managers door when in reality most of it stems from the same tightness we discuss endlessly under this owner.

JakartaToon likes this.
  15. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I actually think its a bust between what suits the manager and what’s best for the club long term which is why you need a Director Of Football.

16. Warmir Pouchov

I think a DOF would want to be paid though...

JakartaToon likes this.
  17. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Whatever happened to the love of the game?

<doh>

18. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Officially a Liverpool player after having face to face talks with Jürgen Klopp.

See? It's not difficult!

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Hi :bandit:

20. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Without trying to troll or anything, he meant to be decent? Don’t really hear much about Liverpool under 18s these days let alone other clubs so never sure how good these players are meant to be.