1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackpool

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Feb 13, 2019.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Valeri Belokon has won a high court battle against Owen Oyston to appoint a receiver pay him £25 million. The appointment of an High Court receiver is viewed as insolvency and is viewed as administration. The F A are waiting full details before making a ruling, if the ruling goes against Blackpool they could be deducted 12 points, their points total at present is 47 points so the deduction would leave them on 35 points which could have a bearing on our match against them in a couple of weeks

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I hope this doesn't happen. I don't want to benefit from another clubs financial issue due to them having a scumbag owner. Yes it could help us but I feel for their club and fans where they have been badly run.

smhbcfc likes this.
  3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

The only good thing that may come out of it is that maybe Blackpool can get rid of this bloke.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I see the Blackpool fans are happy with this. They see this 12 point deduction as well worth getting rid of their owner. Its a shame though that the fans and the club are punished with 12 points deduction because of this bloke. If they got a points deduction because they over spent chasing promotion etc then I would feel different. But they are in this situation because of their owner and therefore I think its harsh to punish the club and fans.

old timer likes this.
  5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

If it does happen I wonder how it will affect the players, they turn up put in a good performance and then might possibly get punished because of an owner who doesn't appear over poplar with the supporters. The fans I believe often have demonstrations about him, as long as the team stays in league 1 they might see it as a blessing

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This one is a bit weird it's true but the fans were quite happy with the Oystons when they bankrolled a run to the premiership a few seasons ago. The thing is though that the owners wanted their money back after they got there and with all the payments and parachute payments after the event they got it. Supporters then not happy because the owners took back what they had spent plus a bit extra as compo. Having become unhappy the supporters then decided to deprive the club of revenue by staging boycotts and not attending games.

Having said that though it is ALWAYS the supporters who suffer for the poor governance of a club. You've been there and so have we and a number of other clubs in leagues one and two. It would be unfair if Blackpool were to escape the deduction of points when all the others have had to put up with it previously. I'm like you who doesn't want to particularly gain from the downfall of others in this way but those are the rules and we have had the deductions ourselves following them. Would it be fair on all the other fans if they escaped? I think it wouldn't even if I don't like the deduction rule much.

7. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Oyston Removed !

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Great news for football and for Blackpool of course!

However... Blackpool are still under threat of a 12 point deduction for going into receivership. A decision is likely to be made at the next EFL board meeting on 6 March.

9. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Unless we beat them next week, and to be honest, it's hard to have any optimism of us beating anybody this season, the 12 point deduction wouldn't affect us anyway, as they'd still be above us in the table. It would possibly affect the likes of Gillingham more than us. Highlights what a complete mess we are in and how precarious our situation is.