1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackpool vs The Gas

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Pre-match, match and post match thread for Blackpool vs The Gas <ok>

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Referee for this game is Seb Stockbridge. His last 2 seasons as a ref for either side...

Rovers:
    11th Nov 2017 Scunthorpe 1 Rovers 0

Blackpool:
    12th Aug 2017 Blackpool 1 MK Dons 0
    6th Dec 2017 Blackpool 1 Mansfield 1
    22nd Sept 2018 Blackpool 0 Luton 0
    27th Nov 2018 Doncaster 2 Blackpool 0
    30th Mar 2019 Blackpool 2 Plymouth 2

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Don't forget to post attendance and 1st goal predictions on prediction league thread <ok>

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

What will be the starting 11 then?

Will JCH start?

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Blackpool's pre match presser <ok>

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

What some Blackpool fans think.... https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/matchday/36232/match-day-blackpool-v-bristol-rovers-030819?page=1#

"As for predictions I’m going 2-1 pool, BR are no pushovers and I expect them to try and keep the ball from us, get into a rhythm and frustrate. They might even score first."

"We certainly owe them one after last season, but I'll predict a 0-0, at best."

"Bristol Rovers were our bogey team last season so hopefully that will change on Saturday. They are usually one of the relegation favourites so there is definitely nothing to fear. Blackpool 2 Rovers 0."

"We got thrashed twice last year by a team that wasn't rated. 13 players were shown the door, and Coughlan has replaced them with arguably much better players - and they still have Jonson Clarke-Harris!!! I think this could be difficult. 0-0 might be a good result."

"Bristol Rovers will probably be in the bottom half. We have to win these games if we want to improve on 10th."

9. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

I fancy us to break with tradition and win our first game this season, am going for 2-0 to the Gas. Hope I'm not being overly optimistic but I think we could surprise a few people this season and may well do much better than many expect us to. (Or is this just my usual pre season high hopes that will soon evaporate after a few defeats!)

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I do feel quietly confident on this. I like the look of our keeper, full backs and our new CB replacing Lockyer could be seen in some ways as an improvement. I think Craig could be a weak link though. We do have cover in all areas at the back with THD still to return to improve us further. If we can help out Craig then I can see us cleaning many clean sheets and not conceding many at all. We have options in midfield too with Rodman and surprisingly Bennett looking sharp in pre season. Sercombe and Clarke will get goals ans create and you have Ogogo with Upson covering our attacks and supporting Craig. We have 5 striking options (6 if it wasnt for Reilly leaving today). JCH is back and will slowly be used so we don't push him too early. Our 2 loanees in Victor and Smith will be hungry to impress. Deon will be pushing all the way for game time and then you have hard working with no reward Nichols too. I think we are ready and should finish top half. I say 8th to 11th. But who knows. If we fail to score like last season then its a worry. But if we take our chances (and we will get chances) then we could be in for a top 8 challenging for those play offs. And I havent even mentioned our promising youngsters yet like Russe, Kilgour, Hargreaves and Tomlinson who all will be eager to get a chance.

I reserve the right to change my mind after 8 games as we could be bottom at this stage <laugh>

11. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

“They are usually one of the relegation favourites”.......Ouch, that hurts doesn’t it ?

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes. It did.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rovers kicked off!

2' | Turton drags a shot wide from distance for Blackpool

4' | Leahy floats one in from the left side but Clarke is jostled away from the ball path and Blackpool clear.

8' | OFF THE POST! Captain Clarke hits one low and watches it glance off the post after a good ball from Bennett!

10' | Davies makes a good block from a Kaikai shot

10' | Delfounso glances a header just wide.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

15' | Rodman beats his man before whipping a cross in, but Blackpool head it clear

18' | Rodman gets in on goal following a quick free-kick, but the linesman's flag is up.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

When Clarke hit the post!

please log in to view this image

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

23' | Gnanduillet gets in for Blackpool, but the linesman's flag goes up. Little gets across to block just as the whistle goes.

Before kick off Wael was interviewed by Twentyman. Wael said they have identified a few locations for a new stadium but one in particular that they are very interested in. They have been doing all their checks on the site and will soon be applying for planning permission. The goal is to be in a new stadium in 2 years time but we've been here before and things change but the site in question seems very positive. Wael confirmed that the site is the fruit market in St Phillips.

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

26' | Corner to Rovers.

27' | Sercombe fires one in but Blackpool get it away.

27' | Blackpool go on the attack and wins a free kick. Kick came into the box and the new Rovers keeper attempted to punch the ball and hit a Blackpool player instead. Penalty to Blackpool.

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

28' | Goal. Spearing puts it past Jaakkola.

29' | Rovers win a corner but was wasted.