1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackpool game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Aug 18, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Another disappointment in this challenging season. From the quality of the game I would say we could well see a repeat of this fixture in League 2 this season. Blackpool were the poorest League 1 sideI I can remember at the Meadow for some time with big clonking players bereft of pace and guile yet we could not beat them and could well have lost to them. Looking at our team I can only think where are the goals going to come from?We are simply dreadful in the box despite showing some promising approach play. Let's hope our three new strikers (if that is the right word) can get fit and firing soon and hopefully we will not see LJL starting again. As for the manager for three games running at home we have started the better and then been completely unable to respond to a simple tactical switch by the opposition and been largely dominated in the second half. The substitutes were put on way too late today. Thank god for Grant who steadied the ship today but we are so naive as a team at the moment. Much better is needed and soon if we are not to be fighting a relegation battle this season.

Matster likes this.