1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Yes .. the injury list is unprecedented.. but when your back is to the wall you put out a team to do a job until that situation eases .. to be a good manager you adapt .. you choose the team to play to YOUR strengths .. and adopt tactics to fit with what you have available .. McCann is not only naive but I'm getting p1ssed off at his constant refusal to adapt to situations occurring in front of him .. to me he appears clueless when teams work us out .. our midfield has been overrun all season .. playing 2 wingers leaves us exposed especially when they dont put a shift in .. that's fine if your wingers track back .. put in tackles .. do the dirty stuff but firstly Grosicki never did and now we have Wilks who is a replica but doesnt do anything going forward either .. this ends up with our midfield trying to cover . Getting pulled out of position and us leaving spaces all over the park .. I sympathise with him in that the injuries cant have been foreseen but his recruitment of these players is down to him .. he has brought them in but none look capable of playing the system he wants to play. We need to start solid and build from there .. we need a game plan .. but so far in his tenure the only game plan he has adopted is to give the ball to the wide men and get them to bail us out .. now we have lost those 2 players who did that we are toothless .. we get overrun .. and we are incapable of stringing 3 passes together. I know blame lies at the door of those at the helm with the bargain basement recruitment but this team needs organisation.. it needs direction .. but I'm sorry at present we are a rudderless ship .. devoid of leadership both on and off the pitch .. for me McCanns inability to see that his tactics need to change will be his undoing and I'd be surprised to see him still here come the end of the month .. as for who would be available to shape this shower of sh1t we have assembled I doubt even Fergie could manage that .. not impressed at all.

2. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

So basically ‘Terrys’ counterattacking style is now defunct of its counter attacking ability.

Whilst most of what he has brought in are sh!t and or injuried.

Stop talking sense.

Allam’s OUT

askewshair likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Don’t be silly
    As an emergency move last five if we were holding on it’s a sound move

4. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Based solely on Blackburns first goal last night, he'd be about as much use back there as a chocolate fireguard!

allowentry likes this.
  5. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

First team losing two of their better players makes it hard enough then terrible injury situation on top. Proves poor squad depth but most teams/ manager would suffer in a situation like that. Very disheartening at the moment but just hope we get some back and get a couple of wins has quickly has possible.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Did he not head every single ball shock horror eh

if you reduce the opposition to just slinging high balls in then A 6 ft odd centre forward is going to help out

7. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Spot on. I cant ever remember us having 12 players out before, and to have all the extra injuries in a week when he wanted to regroup after losing his 2 best creative players is particularly cruel. In the circumstances, did remarkably well to get anything at Reading.
    I'm really not an apologist for the guy (find his continue selection of certain players very hard to understand) but think just saying 'McCann out' in these circumstances is just borne of frustration but doesn't make any sense to me. Somehow we need to imp through to the end of the season and then take stock. There are plenty of promising players in the club, but nowhere near a coherent team at the moment.

8. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

9. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the predictable response

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Official Lowlights

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

The banner says it all really, Match Highlights, Honeyman plays a perfectly weighted pass to their no. 27!

LeftSaidFred and GLP like this.
  12. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Those highlights were very biased! They flattered us. Before I went, I was expecting a 5-0 defeat. When I heard the team news I was expecting worse and it could easily have been.
    The good points: Da Silva did well. Batty was good. McKenzie and McLoughlin were better than I expected. In fact, surprisingly, given the result, the whole defence wasn't that bad. It was from there forward that we struggled. The midfield didn't protect the defence or support the attack. The attack was completely toothless.
    The bad points:
    Our attack does not look capable of scoring. Why do we insist on putting ourselves under pressure with short goal kicks to full backs on the corner of the six yard box? This invites the opposition to press and make life precarious far too close to goal. Why don't we just let the opposition have all of our throws? We have no idea what to do with them. Last night the tactic was that Honeyman would run in close and the thrower would throw down the line in the hope that Magennis could flick the ball on to Wilks. We brought on Eaves and then just used him to chase their centre backs as they passed the ball between them. He is never going to score without service. Wilks' defending at corners was a penalty every time. How did Long get away with that penalty?

We should include a colour blindness test in our medicals. "What colour are our shirts?" Anyone who can't answer, "Amber," in less than three guesses shouldn't be appointed. I am hoping that today McCann just sat the players down, introduced them to each other. "Right lads, this is George. This is George as well. Too complicated? OK. We call this one Longy and this one Honeyboy. This one can use his hands a lot. Oh, this one can as well." Then he could instil in them the revolutionary new tactic that will baffle every opponent: "Ok Lads, on Friday we are going to try to pass to players in Amber shirts.".

I could go on but perhaps the most damning thing about last night was that we managed to make Danny Graham look like a half decent player.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  13. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I was listening to Radio Lancashire on the way in. They were playing a recording of Blackburn's supporters meeting with club officials. Mowbray confirmed that putting the away supporters in the upper tier of the stand is done deliberately to reduce the atmosphere and lessen the impact, particularly on the away team. It certainly worked last night. Just look at the empty seats behind the goal and imagine the effect that has on the players. Mowbray said some teams supporters seem capable of sucking the ball into the net at corners. On the BBC website today he said that he knew we had defensive problems so they decided to target our centre backs by constantly throwing balls in between them. That worked for a while but we controlled it so he changed the tactic when he took Danny Graham off. Well, a manager with a plan and the ability to change that plan. He went up in my estimation.

On the way out Mark Atkins on Radio Lancashire said their second goal was Rovers' goal of the season. It was a good strike but we gave him far too much room. Still, if you're going to lose it's better to lose to something like that rather than the third goal.

Evington likes this.
  14. Chazz Rheinhold

A manager changing tactics??? Madness

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  15. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

27% possession and no shots at goal. A draw is the best you can achieve. I am sorry to say it but Terry without Bowen and Grosicki is done for. He must change the way he plays. Much more possession is required in these games. For me I would go back to a back three or a 4 / 4 / 2 if he can’t put out a back three. Terry is also getting more grey hairs by the week. It’s going to be a long hard finish and we need another two wins minimum.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Why can't he just say? No hoof ball and pass to someone in the same colour shirt. Then when you have done that run into a space to give the player on the ball some (more than one hopefully ) options. It aint ****ing rocket science.

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  17. Evington

That is absolutely ridiculous. He spends half the time with his head in his hands, berating himself for the latest missed chance or **** pass.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  18. Evington

Great post

Blaknamberblood likes this.
  19. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

20. Lincoln Tiger

Lincoln Tiger Well-Known Member

Beats me Evington...