1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 10, 2020.

1. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

You reap what you sow!

2. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

It's horrible playing on the 'wrong' side of the pitch, I've played left back and left sided CB for years, but put me at RB or RCB, and it feels really quite unnatural, your positioning, body shape, instinct to open up and go down the line etc just goes, quite tough to do it.

Edit.....when Kingsley is being named as an answer to a problem, it's a tough tough qn

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They actually only had three significant players out (Dack, Holtby and Rothwell), they're not even remotely close to being in the same situation as us.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

HDM have Irvine as their MOM, beats me, well not as MOM obviously but, well, you know what I mean...<doh>

5. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Even City should be able to cobble 50 points together and survive with a few points to spare. In case we don't, does anyone know the ingredients for Humble pie?

6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Evans? Gallagher? that’s 5 without any real research.
    The commentator said 7 out that would have featured. He’s more likely to be in the know.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  7. cheshireles

One upside from last night, at least maybe now Terry will stop spouting on about the Top 6 when its been evident for weeks its not going to f**king happen!

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

IMHO I think Terry is okay, though his waffling about the top 6 will be all he is remembered for when he leaves at the end of the season.

9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Fair enough, though based on appearances so far this season, there weren't seven players missing who would have started (Holtby's only started ten games all season) and they definitely had more suitable replacements available than we did.

11. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

McCann isn’t faultless , and injuries usually a poor excuse , but I feel for the guy a bit . Who has 33 defenders injured at once and losing your 2 best players on deadline day , then one of the supposed replacements probably out for the season on top of it . Not sure what he’s supposed to do

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

They were also missing a young kid who has only played once. But they reckon he’s going to be the next big thing. Played well v Fulham.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I find some of his substitutions frustrating. KLP coming on to play right wing - our best finisher? I’d have put him on up front at least for 15 minutes.

14. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

There’s no way McCann will be sacked.

Next year seriously worries me.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It’s certainly the worst injury list I think I’ve ever seen. This is where terry needed to be more practical and not pig headed.
    Looking at it with a clear head and we did amazingly well to still be 0-0 at 70 minutes. this is where terry needed to be practical. Instead two like for like subs!!! They scored three minutes later.
    stupid decision. it should have been Kingsley on and push elder to left centre back, three at the back. Would have given Leo more chance of going forward and he was our best player on the night, not that it’s saying much.
    If we had of held on for a draw that would have been one of the best results of many a season. I would have even brought eaves on at centre back last five to see it out.
    to bring on like for like when we were hanging on was the height of stupidity, it really was.
    Not even sue who berry is? But I thought bonds was the big hope in centre mid?

see you all at the kcom on Friday???? gotta back the boys now

16. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Even when we beat Preston 4-0, they had 55.5% possession, if you look at most of our games this season, win, lose or draw, we rarely have had more possession than the opponents!
    Before we had a couple of players that could make teams think twice about getting forward as much, that’s now history, go back to basics, passing, keeping the ball, is it really that hard to see what’s happening from pitch side?

17. cheshireles

The guy has an enormous injury list to manage, so it's increasingly difficult for him to get a competitive and cohesive eleven together from whats currently available to him, for anyone to suggest otherwise is just stupid. Hopefully as he says, with some heading back over the coming days we'll be in a much better position come the Preston game. That said tactically he rarely, it at all, seems to have a Plan B, not only when we are under pressure, but to really drill home consistently any dominance we've had in games during this season. It's 4-3-3 pretty much all the time, and it's all become a little too predictable with midfield struggling to get any support and supply to the main front man. This reflected by the fact that Tom is now our top scorer with I believe 4 league goals this season.

Now's the time for Terry to really prove myself, I've said before I expected a relegation battle so Terry currently has us ahead of where I thought we would be, that said to date some of his signings, and they must be given he's worked with so many previously, are in the main disappointing without mentioning names.

johnbo likes this.
  18. Top_Tiger

Eaves on at centre half? What you been smoking. He can’t win a header to save his life let alone in a back three. He lost the header for the goal, I’m surprised he didn’t try and elbow the youth in the head or something that’s what he usually does. Never known a 6’5 striker lose out on so many headers.

19. Top_Tiger

We need ball retention, losing Toral was a big blow, although I suppose it was expected, we are missing Stewart big style. The signing of Kane was baffling as he is just the same as Batty and Stewart in midfielder. We are dieing for a number 10 to run the game, have been for ages, but now we have to great number 9s we might have to go more direct.

20. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

KLP played second withdrawn striker when he came on. He moved wider later when Berry debuted.

He was a bit lost in both roles tbh.