1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn Rovers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Blackburn v Leeds Utd (2 votes)

Poll closed Oct 20, 2018.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

6.3%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blackburn by 1

6.3%
  5. Leeds by 1

31.3%
  6. Blackburn by 2

6.3%
  7. Leeds by 2

56.3%
  8. Blackburn by 3 or more

6.3%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

What does he know apart from being a cretin

FORZA LEEDS and The-Don like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I think we benefitted early on from a tough preseason that had us up to speed ahead of everyone else. We hit the ground running and caught teams like stoke and derby who were only finding their feet. It’s a different story now that everyone is at similar fitness levels and getting used to each other. Also helped us early on that we had few changes to last seasons personnel. Here on will be the test

wakeybreakyheart and 2 pennth like this.
  3. leeds60

Matt acan I have a stream for Derby please

4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Cretin = deformed idiot.
    Not sure that kind of comment is required on this new style politically correct board, when he who is mentioned has no right of reply.
    Just a personal observation.

5. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Mike have you told him how you feel to his face?

6. leeds60

Yes He knows full well what I think of him!

7. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Personally I am just grateful I didn`t get a working stream,i`d be suicidal Sid ringing the Samaritans! :emoticon-0106-cryin

8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

People need to get a grip. Are we having a disappointing patch in terms of performances and results? Yes. Has anyone taken us part during this run. No. We’re getting punished for our mistakes and not punishing teams for theirs. Do we need to string some results together, yes of course we do, but we’re miles better than last year.

The idea that these super teams are going to run away with the league is fanciful. Look at the results. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. I’m watching Sheff United. They were great for half against derb, but unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat they are going to lose. Derby? Some nice individuals but still look lightweight. West Brom, great going forward terrible at the back. Boro terrible going forward great at the back.

We’re judging performances against the first few games this season. If we judged them by last season’s performance we’d be ecstatic that we have more possession, more chances than the opposition in pretty much every game.

We might have been off form today but would a neutral say from a balance of play perspective that we really deserved to lose?

9. Eireleeds1

Yes we deserved to lose. Created nothing apart from the one goal. Anyway only facts that count are league position. We’re close enough to the top to get back in contention but a run of wins are needed starting with next two home games. We spent all last season making excuses and hopefully this season will be different

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We just seen a bunch of results go our way which also points to this being a tough old league Blackburn now in top 6, its tight and as long as the wheels dont come off against Ipswich who are relegation fodder our season is back on track and beating Forest next Saturday will have us top....

2 pennth likes this.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Agree with that and we've been in this division long enough to know by now how unpredictable it is, anyone can beat anyone

Three of the top four have lost, meaning boring Boro moved from fourth to top. This league is tighter than a duck's arse in water, but with two very winnable home games coming up and our injured players returning who's to say Leeds won't be back on top this time next week?

Every single team, no matter how good they are, has a blip at some point in the season, and maybe, just maybe, these last few games was ours and it's now come to an end

Two points from top with a better goal difference....it could be a lot worse

12. milkyboy

I made no excuses last year. I thought we got more points early on than we deserved and they were against poor opposition. This year I think we deserve more points than we have got.

13. Eireleeds1

Two possible positives for this season
    1 we cannot be as bad from this point on than last season
    2 with no standout teams promotion will likely require a good few less points than last year

14. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Hall of Fame post that Chesh, top work!

15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry Mike I was not around.

Most games will be shown on www.sportstream-365.com

16. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

All teams fans have a go at keeper if he lets in goals by not doing his job properly.

You obviously have no idea about keepers, and how they should be operating. The keeper has an 18 yard box that belongs to him, he commands it, that's his domain, he rules the roost in that area.

If you look at the highlights below, you'll see all 3 goals. You'll also see the Blackburn keeper coming off his line to collect the ball from crosses, as BPF should be doing.

"No keeper is coming for the first goal... fast away swinging near post." ...........you're way off target again milkyboy, but correct about the near post, that's where you stuffed up.

1, Corners and crosses have been inswingers and outswingers basically since football began.

2, The goal was scored from the edge of the 6 yard box, about 3 yards in front of BPF.

3, BPF made no attempt to come for the ball, nor when the ball went over his head. The video shows him actually watching the ball go in net. He could have stopped that goal, just by putting his hand up.

4, I think some other teams have worked out BPF stays stuck on his line most of time. They use our mistakes to their advantage.

5, Blackburns 2nd goal, very similar situation. Even the Blackburn commentator questioned why BPF didn't come out for the cross. Corner, edge of 6 yard box, header, goal, and a half hearted attempt by BPF to get down to it..

The team are going to start losing confidence in BPF, if they haven't already.

So, unless you learn at least something about keeping to warrant a debate, shut the eff up and eff off..

Jeez, they're working in tandem now.

The-Don likes this.
  17. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Well the fact that West Brom, Sheff Utd and Forest all lost softened the blow slightly but we really need to put together a decent run as soon as....

18. Eireleeds1

<ok>

19. milkyboy

I guess I put another 50p in.

20. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

We've now lost 2 games so far this season, not bad for 13 games in, and we've lost 1 away game, not bad for 13 games in, however, taking in to account the lengthy injuries to key players, and those replacements tipping the applecart slightly, it's still not bad for 13 games in.

Some teams have cottoned on to Bielsa's tactics and are adjusting their style of play, some seem to have noticed BPF has lead in his boots, while some have worked out if they smother Saiz they create a slight advantage. We can't really complain as this is what football is all about.

Bielsa needs to rethink some of his tactics, cos some other teams seem to be following his lead too.

Our playing out from goal is groundhog day, same thing over and over, and the opposition know it, only towards the end when we were 2-1 down did we mix it up a bit with longer passes.

Blackburn had our midfield, they virtually controlled it from start to finish. What is Phillips job exactly, he seems to do more sideward and backward passes than forward; I'm sure it's looking good on his passing stats.

Roberts was a passenger and Roofe played out of position, Pablo should've been on in first half and Dallas ain't a LB.

All up, this was a bad game for us and Bielsa.

With Berardi, Pablo and Roofe back we should now start upping a couple of gears and get back to football we know we can play that resulted in us going so long undefeated.......:emoticon-0148-yes: