1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Birmingham points deduction

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Shawswood, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Nice idea but never going to happen. In the unlikely event he was sued, 'I bought good players for good money who then badly underperformed, your Honour. Not even Rosie Could have predicted that.' Too many variables to blame it on Harry alone.

2. Rangers Til I Die

Table now updated.

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

No idea if true....and I am not defending Arry at all.
    But I have read that the three Brentford players( including Jota) signed by Brum were signed over his head, and he never wanted them.
    He said exactly the same at Rs.

I have just finished the Joey Barton autobiography. Most of it is so pseudointellectual head stuck up his own...... stuff.
    But there are two chapters on his time with us.... although "obviously" he was the driving force behind us winning the playoffs...he does say things about Arry I am willing to take as true.
    He was never bothered with training, that was left to others, he took a back seat on tactics. To talk to him you had to get past Jamie Redknapp, who was always hanging around.

When we hit that bad run of form that took us out of the automatics and threatened our top6 position, he fell apart and it was player power (Barton of course, Hill, Simpson and Green) that sorted it out.
    Barton has not a decent word to say about Arry, which makes me like Barton just a tiny bit!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Rangers Til I Die

Thanks Beth. Probably won't bother but what did he say about Hughes whom he seems to hate with a vehemence?

5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The real problem is FFP itself, it isn't fair at all. It's very nature protects the biggest club's status and doesn't give smaller clubs the opportunity to join the party through benevolent owners, moreso the fact that Man City and Chelsea basically got where they are today in a way that is now outlawed. I still can't fathom how Man City on their gates and real income can spend hundreds of millions on players and get away with it.

Before FFP clubs that entered administration were subject to demotion or points deductions, a better way of getting them to act more responsibly would be that adminstration means expulsion, demotion to the National League for ANY club that goes into administration. If an owner is prepared to waste hunderds of millions but pays the losses why should they be subject to sanction?...

6. Rangers Til I Die

Because it's not fair. Apparently.

7. Sooperhoop

How does he get away with it? Brum's misery story looks very familiar...

8. Rangers Til I Die

Damming read. It's a bit like the steal a £1000 and you're a crook but steal a billion and you're a hero of some sort. He's so bad but people get seduced by the magnitude of his incompetence!

He definitely did not like it that January when TF finally woke up and gave him NO budget for transfers.

9. Sooperhoop

Yes, lack of funds played havoc with his knees. Must have found a mustard faith-healer after he left...

10. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

It affected Redknapp greatly.
    The thought of not spending went straight to his knees!
    Old dodgy was out the door calling for a medicab the next day.

Luckily, he did recoup though and make it to the golf club the following week.

kiwiqpr likes this.

11. Bloemfonteinbilly

Bloemfonteinbilly Well-Known Member

My dear old mum, God bless her, used to mistakingly call him Kidnapp. Sometimes, I wish someone had of done!

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Brum got deducted 9 points! I didn't quite realise it was a done deal. They are below us now. <whistle>
    They will be okay though.

13. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Maybe not!
    Have a look at their fixtures - WBA, Leeds, Derby, Sheff.Utd and then, after these, Millwall, Rotherham and the Fakes.
    Squeaky b(r)um time if they go on a poor run.

ELLERS likes this.
  14. Sooperhoop

Brum are the only team that failed now the 3 year cycle is complete. Apparently Villa just made it thanks to a government compensation payment from the HS2 project. It seems Wolves very cleverly side-stepped a breach by paying massive bonuses rather than straight wages to their players, perhaps the way to go in future...

15. Rangers Til I Die

I'm very surprised our lot didn't think of something like that with all their business acumen. Water and milk etc now.

16. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Blatant disregard, by Wolves, for the FFP rules whichever way you look at it. Just like Man City, they will find ways to usurp the regulators and pay their way around the rules. I agree with the earlier comments, as long as a club does not go beyond certain 3-year losses, it’s up to the owners if they feel the need to bankroll the club they own (as long as they don’t disguise it as loans).

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Would a bonus still not show up as an expense

18. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

At least that's another team below us!

19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

In Wolves case I guess that this bonus wasn't actually booked as expense, maybe not paid, until the next season when they were in the PL. But that is just a guess.

kiwiqpr likes this.