1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Birmingham Match Day Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Dec 29, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Birmingham v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Dec 30, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Birmingham by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

28.6%
  6. Birmingham by 2

14.3%
  7. Leeds by 2

35.7%
  8. Leeds by 3

14.3%
  9. Leeds by 4

7.1%
  10. Leeds by 5 or more

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

ok folks not the usual all singing dancing thread as I have no idea where to get streaming links etc and dont give a fook about Brum team news. If someone comes up with something better please feel free to splice or slice this.

My view is that every team we play in this league will always up their game for us, as its their cup final. So as far as Im concerned Brum are bottom and we are 5th so we should win at a cantor. Yes arrogant I know but league tables never lie, there is something bad at Brum when you consider the quality in the squad.

Dallas is still out injured but other than Ekuban we have a full squad, just depends if we start to use them. Should we rest some players for this, I would as we need to see what others can do if we are not buying new players in January. Will Ayling get the nod or will Berardi move to right back as he was bad last week at LB. will Anita or CBJ get a game or is CBJ going back to Manchester. Saiz will be back so will Alioski or Pablo get rested so that Cibicki gets another run without having to play behind Ayling who spends too much time attacking.

Dont think this is a game for Roofe as good Central defenders will bully him, unless he plays off Lassoga

3-0 Leeds win

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Brilliant thread doc. THANKS

3. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Birmingham won 4 games this season all at home. One win in August, September, October and November. They are due their December win tomorrow unfortunately!

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  4. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Take any team in this division for granted and you are guaranteed to **** up....

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I agree LOL but giving too much respect to the bottom of the league makes you out with a safety in mind plan instead of an attacking set up to take advantage. Last season we got beat by all the teams above us so we cannot afford to drop points against those below especially bottom

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  6. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

I can't see TC setting out to defend he will more likely set out to attack from the off. If we get an early goal we could get 2 or 3 if not it could be tough.

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Felix
    Ayling Pontus Cooper
    Cibicki Viera Phillips Saiz Alioski
    Lassoga Roofe

Worth a punt against the bottom of the league just to see if it could work. Alioski & Cibicki can both defend and bomb forward, Ayling gets to defend for a change and we have a two man attack. Easily changed with subs if not working, but we need to be adaptive for the rest of the season

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t change the formation the players have been using all season

I’d play Roofe up front, think he works away from home. PML on bench

Marcos Barber, FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

If we play same standard as last two games, there’s no guarantee we’ll get anything out of this. I honestly don’t know if that’s as good as we are or is there more in current team

LeedsLover likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all, just got back from a delivery to Liverpool and a collection in Cheshire, roads not half as bad as I had feared.

I’m expecting very little change to the squad, maybe a return for Phillips in place of O’Kane (would he dare rest Vieira?) and Saiz starting, it will be interesting to see who Saiz replaces, for me Cibicki on the bench and Alioski back on the right side

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'm always wary of signing a player who can't get into a team that's inferior to us. So on that basis, it's a no from me (which means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things).

Got a feeling that he wouldn't entertain us anyway, Ell, as we wouldn't pay him anything like the wages he was on. I'm guessing it was about £50k a week, based on this article detailing Palarse's counter offer when he signed for QPR. What would we offer? £10k? £12k?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...convinced-opportunity-play-Rio-Ferdinand.html

Leedsoflondon and Eireleeds1 like this.
  13. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Please take him Please PLEASE

14. Whitejock

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

15. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

Deffo take hugill from Preston been a proper handfull against Cardiff so far very mobile and strong everything lassoga isn't.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

How crap are QPR?

Losing to them

17. Whitejock

Was going to start our daily debate thread for Ell there, but realised this thread is a wee bit topical for the day, so I'll just add my post here ...

Glad to see Cardiff get humped last night. Hope the slide continues for Colin's boys. :D

And aren't we all delighted that Redders has secured another top flight job? Oh, wait a minute .....

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/12/blogs/championship/leeds-fans-react-to-new-redfearn-job/

Oh, and before I go hit the sack, a wee question for you. Anyone notice a number of Indian chaps writing on the NewsNow site The4thOfficial? Just read 2 Leeds articles there. 2 different fairytale writers, with no apparent knowledge at all about Leeds. A little bit of searching about (too much time on my hands) and I find that there are others, and they all write about various teams, rather than focus on one, or even one league. And the thing in common they have is that they haven't a clue. Some of the mistakes are so laughable. I'm convinced that they've never seen any of the teams play & I'm equally sure they've never even been in this country! Anyone else pick up on this, or am I reading too much into it?

18. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

My team v Brum would be

Felix

Ayling (with an anchor) Jansson Cooper Berardi

.............Cibicki........................Vieira......................

Alioski.......................Saiz.......................Hernandez

...............................Lassoga...................................

I agree with Doc, Roofe may well get shoved of ball a lot by Brums defenders, but, TC may well play him to find out.

Cibicki in behind Alioski, this will give Alioski space to cut inside occasionally and get into a scoring position from a Cibicki pass or cross.

Cibicki in will hopefully stop Ayling going too far forward leaving us open at back, doubt it will stop him from talking and arguing with refs all time though.

Can't leave Pablo out, too valuable. We missed him against Norwich, we missed Saiz against Hull and Burton, it was there for all to see
    on both occasions.

Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez is our strongest attacking mids formation, take one out, and we've seen over last 3 games how it can hurt us
    and upset the apple cart, don't change what ain't broke......:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

Same starting line up as against burton except saiz in for cibiki and Phillips in if viera is injured. Roofe deserves to start ahead of lassoga who looks to be getting unfitter with every appearance

20. Whitejock

I love the contradiction of 'don't change what ain't broke', coupled with the rather bizarre notion that we should play a striker as a DM. <doh>