1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Binners vs Battlers

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Oct 16, 2017.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I hope Oliveira can control his temper when the abuse he's bound to get begins. It could work for him or against him depending on how he handles it.

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Imagine the professor Spooner version of this and you'll have Nelson's idea! ;)

please log in to view this image

Canary Spring likes this.
  4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it will work for him and I can imagine Pinto will 'have a word' before kick off!!!
    Let's hope both Basil and JM are on the score sheet - ANY others are a bonus!!
    I wonder if there will be 22 players on the pitch at the end of the game. <yikes>

5. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I wonder the same thing, JM.

JM Fan likes this.
  6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd have a little look at your board - nice reference to binners..... I called you Norwich for our preview but there we go! Please be respectful if sitting in the home end is all I'd ask....

For what it's worth, I like both stadiums. Portman Road is starting to show wear and tear in some sections and could do with revamping, but give me that over and soulless bowl any day of the week.... Also the derby game will always be more fun at Carrow Road due to the away fans being situation close to the noisest Norwich section behind the goal. We unfortunately cannot do that due to a match with Millwall early 90s, so our singing section is the opposite end. Doesn't help at all....

No we're not going to sell out, however may be slightly up on last years 23.500. Now I know that's clearly poor considering our ground supposedly holds over 30,000, however down to low 29s now with segregation. However, many are staying away due to Mick, same with Evans. People are simply bored at being in this division for 15 years and counting. League crowds are now, sadly, in the 15s so should we get say 24k ( clearly you'll bring 2000 ) that represents a good uptake of matchday tickets.

Now you guys thanks to that clever marketer you hired in the late 90s who started doing family season tickets have fixed your crowd issues from the 90s. Very very clever! Not a pop either, an ingenious bit of marketing. Season tickets at your gaff sell like nobodies business.

As for the game, I would say this looks perhaps the most ( on paper ) level derby since 02/03 when we came 7th, you 8th. Or the other way around. Either way we both missed out. Rumour has it Garner WILL miss out, which is a big blow to us as lets the ball stick uptop. I'm sure you'd admit McGoldrick is a good player, I think we have the ability to cause you problems. Of course on the flip side, you also have plenty of options to pose a threat to us.

How are you feeling pre game?

DHCanary likes this.
  7. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Not sure why you replied to my post ?

The binmen is an obscure reference to the 80s TV show Lovejoy ,I don't think it's especially offensive but If you do then PM the OP .
    Also I am living in Ipswich and will walk down to watch the match the same as last year and other years, only morons cause trouble at football matches.

I paid £25 which seems pretty reasonable so If your fans stay away as a protest against M M then that's pretty counterproductive considering your positive start and a full house would probably increase your chances at getting a result.
    Norwich weirdly enough are playing much better away than at home and we have picked up lots of points recently with solid defending and clinical finishing so I predict a 2-1 or 2-0 Victory .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My doing, I have to confess, but rest assured a figure of speech only, no malice intended - much like when fans of other clubs refer to us budgies.
    Given the capacity of the Portaloo [here I go again! ;) ] maybe a slightly larger allocation for away fans may have been in order, given the strict segregation you mention?
    We're taking nearly 9,000 to Arsenal in the next round of the Haribo cup, so could easily have sold far more, though I accept away fans get a higher % in cup matches.
    As for the Old Farm game, hard to call as always.
    The table and recent form guide suggests we're in the ascendancy whereas ITFC are falling away somewhat after a blistering start.
    But it's three points, nothing more nothing less.
    No different to Cardiff or Bolton games over the course of a season.
    But it's 2009 since you last beat us..... so be very afraid!!! :grin:
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/ipswich-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Norwich City/
    Thanks for stopping by, and for your comments <ok>

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

If Nelson reacts and receives yet another petulant, reckless ,stupid red card then we all know we can kiss any chance of promoting goodbye.

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.
  10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That's harsh DD, as he should of had a penalty when he was so ruthlessly hauled down at the New York Stadium.
    The clip doesn't show much of him being fouled unfortunately -

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Fair enough thanks for clarifying binners for me!
    Regarding allocation - we have allowed clubs a bigger one for this season due to awful numbers our end. We had to make other games all ticket last year - Newcastle/Villa/Leeds preventing more of our lot getting tickets. However, the police wouldn't allow a bigger allocation for the derby so unfortunately you won't be officially getting bigger and there are bound to be canaries dotted around. So long as people use common sense - and the same when we play you at your gaff, bound to be some of ours in the home end then all well and good.

Also, I know you sell out most games ( not every game any longer ;) ) however we still travel pretty well away, so even if the police agreed to it we'd want a larger allocation at your ground - which we realise wouldn't be possible due to your impressive gates :)

Exactly, it's only 3 points. Bit of fun of course, the game we'd both like to win. Would be fantastic if it was a prem game instead of the likes of WBA / Swansea / Bournemouth in the prem.. Watford. Give me strength............

For once, I think we have a few who can do harm to you. Celina is a talent, though doubt he'll start. What he'll do next is the Q. McGoldrick we all know about. Have other promising young lads coming through. Main issues for us = 1898931289138 defensive combinations already this season which will show, and constantly swapping from 4-4-2 / 3-5-2 / 4-3-3. Impossible achieve anything that way. Also, rumour has it Garner will be out and he's essential to leading the line...

Were you happy with your summer transfer activity? Wasn't your usual. Any financial trouble on the way?

How do you like your new gafa? I hear he doesn't play the Norwich way and a bit direct. How is that going down with your fans!?

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Nobody knew quite what to think when a bunch of unknown Germans and a Bosnian turned up, as well as Reed on loan from So'ton for the season.
    Then, because we shipped four goals at both Villa and Millwall <yikes> Grant Hanley arrived for £3.5m at the end of the window, but ironically, because Zimmerman & Klose have been so solid at the back recently, he can't get a look in! (A bit like our team captain, Russell Martin :emoticon-0136-giggl)

Farke wanted to play a 100% possession based style of football, slow build up, pass from the back, etc, but those 2 results showed him that silk purses out of sow's ears are tricky.
    So, during the first international break, he remoulded the squad (and his footballing ethos) into less of a Germanic-style team and more one which can compete with the demands of championship football - the results since that break are there for all to see <ok>
    (And hopefully will continue to be at 14.00 hours on Sunday? :emoticon-0112-wonde )
    As far as I can tell, the media love him, he's honest, forthright, down to earth, interviews well, etc and the fans rate him a) for the turnaround in form, style of play and never give up attitude drummed into them, and also b) for not being **** scared of changing things if and when needed - unlike his predecessor who knew and implemented one system and one system only, whether we were winning 5 - 0 or losing by a similar scoreline.
    So, can't speak for everyone, obviously, but Ja, for sure we're happy with him as a person and (so far) as a coach.
    Oh, and Tom Trybull will bite your legs - be very afraid <yikes>

14. DUNCAN DONUTS

I concur on every point

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  15. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Question - why do the binners have three stars on their shirt? Was it a printing error?

16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

I'm happy to be your mouthpiece......for a nominal fee <ok>
    No, seriously, Westlake asked in good faith and I answered as honestly as I could do.
    I expected more in the way of slightly differing viewpoints from some of our contributors in the 2 hours I've been out this morning - maybe I did speak on behalf of the whole forum? :emoticon-0112-wonde

17. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Because that's all the galaxy comprised the last time they won anything! :grin:

Canary Spring and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  18. DUNCAN DONUTS

They won stuff .

19. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

A very long time ago

Bah!

20. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Recently discovered image of Ipswich earning a star

please log in to view this image

General Melchett likes this.