1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bill Nicholson Arms

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ShelfSideSpur, Jan 27, 2011.

1. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

So.It's in your hands,Spurs.Some players might decide to stay if they are in the CL again.

2. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

I think you're right about that mate, I stayed at home to watch it and my dad took my season tkt because he was convinced that the TV company would somehow fix the results <laugh>

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Spurs first game at their brand new stadium, 4th September 1899 vs Notts County
    please log in to view this image

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Still an amateur team.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  5. humanbeingincroydon

Now, now - just because Notts County are facing the possibility of dropping out of the league...wait, that's not what you meant was it?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I really wanted a friendly with Notts County to have been the first
    senior game at WHL (to "complete the circle" ) , although with their
    hectic league I doubt they could have committed.

7. humanbeingincroydon

We had one of their players on a trial with the U18s last month, does that count?

8. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I know that money isn't success but over a sustained period, it irrefutably does buy it. Without the revenue streams coming from the new stadium, this is an indication of where we are now...

"[In 2017/18] Spurs contributed more than half of the [Premier] League's entire match day revenue growth and nearly a quarter of its commercial growth, while Liverpool and Spurs combined for 58 per cent of the league's total pre-tax profit.

The gap between the sixth and seventh clubs ranked by turnover - Spurs to Everton - grew from £77m to £192m" - Sky Sports.

Four years ago, we were earning, more or less, what Everton were. This season will be hard to predict as the additional cost of Wembley and reducing attendances may be balanced out by the CL campaign and increased sponsorships. On 2019/20 figures, I expect that gap on Everton to increase substantially again and those figures to be across match day, commercial and TV income. It should see us surpass Arsenal and Chelsea.

To have moved so far in so short a time, across all fronts is a truly extraordinary achievement and it's all down to hard work across the entire club. Now, let's win some stuff!

COYS!

10. The RDBD

Reduced Wembley capacity vs increased UEFA earnings will be zero sum at worst.

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Wembley cost us £2 M per match. The winners of the CL will get 120 M euros plus their share of gate receipts. So win it and we would be far better off.

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

I hope so and think that you're probably right.

UEFA are cutting the cake differently from this season, to reward clubs according to their performance in Europe across a 10 year period. As one would expect, this bribe to RM, Barca, BM, etc. operates against us at this point. However, our improved performance in reaching the Semi's (at least) should make up on any loss going to United and Madrid and the rest.

I read something on SSC yesterday which is relevant but forgot to post it. The opening hours for the stadium are very likely to change next season. The 2 hours before and 2 hours after (not including night games) are likely to be significantly increased and the intention would be to show any games played later on. Given the popularity and sales already being reported, this is going to bring in some serious money.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. deedub93

Follow this tweet thread, Spurs have already won 86 M euros this season

14. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Smart move form the club if true, can see them making a killing. They should look into showing the away European games (or at least the ones late into the competition) there too, I’m sure something clever could be done retracting the pitch and setting up a big screen on the NFL level to create a mini fan park or something. Only issue would be getting enough fans to the Stadium midweek effectively for a tv screening, but if we got to the final I’d definitely be up for it and I’m sure I’m not alone.

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

I'd definitely think about it. Currently, I'm thinking of going out to Madrid, even though I've no chance of getting a ticket.....the stadium would be a lot, lot cheaper...should be able to have a beer in the bowl....I think?

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Given they plan to use it for concerts and such (I imagine) I’d be surprised if they couldn’t allow fans onto the covered artificial pitch with a beer.

I’m also considering Madrid if we make it though, I’ve almost no chance of a ticket but just to be there. A mate and I are dead set on it because neither of us can get to the Dam this time round

17. deedub93

If they introduced a smoking area lots of fans would go straight to the ground rather than the No. 8. If you compare beer prices, £4 in the ground to £5.50 in the pub, it makes sense.

18. The RDBD

I had ball-park figures for the UEFA earnings to date, so I plugged them
    in to the accounts for the past two seasons. So to be "zero sum" for 2018-19
    means that the Wembley nett revenue will effectively have to be the same
    as what was taken from WHL in the last season.

Methinks at least 48m nett has been taken from Wembley this season.

19. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

What an absolute disgrace. Why should historic performances get you more prize money from this year's competition? As cynical as I am, I am utterly shocked that Man Utd have earned more prize money to date than we have. They went out in the Qtr final, we are in the semi final and yet get more.

Alfie Conn and PleaseNotPoll like this.
: #spursy