1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big Sam

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blond Bombshell, Dec 15, 2020.

1. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

You have a fire call a fireman…good luck to BSA. Appreciated what did for us….

2. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

^ This

LAMackem likes this.
  3. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

Tin hat on. I dont like Allardyce. I respect the job he did early in his career. He was very innovative. Latterly much less so. Not keen on his personality either, at least the media one. Job he did at us, overrated IMO, bouyed by the late recovery and the mags going.

The sort of bonus to survive shows the state of the premier league. I wouldnt put any money on who will stay up but I am now supporting anybody but Leeds to be honest.

4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I actually don’t think he’s got a hope<ok>

C Montgomery Burns and FellTop like this.
  5. FellTop

I agree mate. They look hopeless. A leeds fan at work today said it is money down the drain.

C Montgomery Burns and rooch 3 like this.
  6. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Id say he was better than that mind.

Once he had the new signings in we looked like a PL team. I think it was 27 points in half a season with maybe 4 defeats. He didn't have a big centre forward so he had to adjust the way he might have wanted to play. And he kept players fit for matches.

A queer sod alright was BSA, but that side which gathered all those points went down without even a whimper under Moyes the Dreadful.

7. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

His last job before this at West Brom was disgraceful. He didn't seem to put in the effort and constantly blamed the previous manager despite having a win rate of about 15%. He'd already passed the book before relegation was nailed on. No wonder he's taken 2 years to get back into management.

Just like players, managers have a shelf life. Allardyce has been producing diminishing returns since his Bolton days finished. His managerial record is no better than Steve McLaren, Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce. I'm not sure any of them get anywhere near the kind of reputation that Allardyce has somehow got.

FellTop likes this.
  8. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Just a thought. Foreign managers are getting most of the jobs but some clubs are turning to English managers to get them out of trouble.

9. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

That sounds like it would work well if your core consisted of British battlers, how many does he have to work with from the team that lost 4-1 at Bournemouth...

Screenshot_20230506_092149_Samsung Internet.jpg

10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

With the games they have left I doubt Jesus Christ himself could keep them up.

Hope I’m wrong cos a great club and I appreciate their fans but I think they are ****ed.

Gracia is actually a really good gaffer just keeps taking jobs at basket case clubs.

Blond Bombshell and LAMackem like this.

11. FellTop

British coaches every bit as good as the majority of the foreign ones in my opinion. It is a glamour thing for owners IMO. Allardyce and Hodgson are short term appts only, but are picking up the pieces of failed experiments. If Leeds stay up, and Palace, they could do much worse than a Potter or a Rodgers for me. Top class, and long term coaches.

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more.

I personally don’t think Potters reputation is damaged at all, always looked to soon. Brighton continue to soar and that’s his graft (with help from outrageous scouting and recruitment)

Rodgers has shown multiple times he’s a great coach, man manager and plays lovely football.

Again, unlucky with a change in culture at the club after the death of the owner, but the work he was doing prior to that destabilising was phenomenal.

Both will do great jobs wherever they land. If we were looking for a gaffer I’d be desperate to have either of these (Potter in particular who is a glove fit for our model)

FellTop and Blond Bombshell like this.
  13. Blond Bombshell

This. I like Potter, hopefully his next job works well and it shows Chelsea up for the mess that it is.

C Montgomery Burns and FellTop like this.
  14. Blond Bombshell

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Time for BSA to weave his magic

15. Blond Bombshell

Massive call, dropped the keeper

16. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

1-0 City

Blond Bombshell likes this.