1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Big Chief's pigskin pow wow.

Discussion in 'American Football' started by pompeymeowth, Sep 6, 2017.

1. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Vikings have in reality won the division. The focus is now on securing top seed in the NFC. We win our remaining games, we do that.

2. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Gutted I missed Teddy's return. :(

Well done to him though

3. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Still gobsmacked at the last-quarter events in Minn. last night, and can't decide whether that was the game which saw the Vikes hit the inevitable self-destruct button (which was then set aside by the football gods finally taking pity on them) or whether that suicidal day still lies ahead. If the Falcons had seen off the Eagles, I'd have fancied the Vikes enormously against them at home; as it is, I think they're too short at 1-2 in Philly. Foles isn't the complete idiot everyone seems to think, and I think it'll be tight.

While I'm here, can I repeat my respect for Latavius Murray ? I know he's not particularly naturally gifted, or blindingly quick, but he's a real grafter - 235 rushes season to date, including yesterday, and one fumble - and I really think he's made a huge contribution to their season. Not just because I've still got a modest residual financial interest, but I do hope they win the Bowl and exorcise all the demons. BRING IT HOME.

SaintLapras likes this.
  4. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

I told you it would be tight. You don't get to be as old as I am without completely losing touch with reality along the way. Feel sorry for diehard Vikes fans, though - they don't deserve that.