1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Big Chief's pigskin pow wow.

Discussion in 'American Football' started by pompeymeowth, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Richard Sherman done for the year, Chancellor is now out too, recalling Byron Maxwell. If the Seahawks make it to the playoffs that would be a massive pull off considering your star defence consists of Bobby Wagner and only Bobby Wagner. That guy is incredible.

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Comeon now. Without Sean Lee, Tyron Smith & Ezekiel Elliott it should be a formality for us.

We need to do justice for last season's injustice & some.

Come on the Birds!

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

ffs 61 yard return... for the cowgirls

Our special team is **** this season. not a good start. Easy for Dak as always he gets great positions to start.

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Ref calling Lawrence's neutral zone as false start on Johnson.

Eagles moved back to 1st & 15th then he corrects the call... <doh>

FFS - only for Cowboys these will happen ohh wait or Manutd.

Doesn't matter 3-7 Eagles.. #FlyEaglesFly

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

FFS 34yd FG missed by Elliott. Typical Dak luck.

Before that, that was a roughing the passer on Wentz all day long on 3rd & 11.

Wentz doesn't look good last few drives and now he is beaten up by that awful no call play.

6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

0 pts from 2 INT is recipe for disaster... FFS help Wentz and catch some fcuking balls morons!!

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Ok now better.

9-35 Eagles. 4 mins into 4th quarter without place kicker. Not too bad.

This is what I wanted in the 1st half FFS.

8. Cove

Cove Well-Known Member

Says his team is ****, wins with 2nd biggest point difference this week... Complete blow out :emoticon-0102-bigsm

StanDMan likes this.
  9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Eagles tried hard to lose the game in the first half. Cowboys are total s#!t in the second half. That helped :)

10. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

With Legion of Doom, Hawks are in serious trouble.

Need Wilson to step up or else, Falcons may run away with this for the week 11 first Bonus question.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

isn't it legion of boom? saying that Sherman and Kam Chancellor are out for the year right? They are missing some key personnel in that defence

12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Yes Boom are Doomed. So are the Hawks. Ugly match yesterday.

13. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

So whatever happens now, the Vikes have wildly exceeded my expectations for this season. The game on Thursday should be interesting, we were unlucky to lose against Detroit last time so hopefully we can pull out a win this time. If we do, we'll have an excellent chance for the division, and I'll be so excited to see the Vikes in the play-offs again, for only my second time as a Vikings fan.

14. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Hi PL (and any other Vikeswatchers). Going back to my post (No.21) of 23 September, I decided at Twickenham that the Vikes weren't a Superbowl side - Cleveland were matching them until quite deep into Q3 - so I think I'll cash out the original 46.0 bet at about 13.5. Before I do that, ahead of the Detroit game, I'm willing to be talked out of it, so I'll be grateful for any informed opinions. My own view is that the 'soft' part of the schedule is over, and they've got some testing games ahead: Latavius looks to me to be taking a major battering every week, and I don't seem him staying healthy into February. On the other hand, I'm gloomy by nature, so I'll be happy to be contradicted.

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Imho cash out.

pompeymeowth likes this.
  16. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

I love thanksgiving football!

please log in to view this image

17. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Looking at their remaining schedule I think they will be an 11-5 team at worst which should be enough to get them a wildcard (wins against Bengals, Packers and Bears). Their next 3 are the ones though, all road games all against over .500 teams. They are hard to call (and it wouldn't surprise me if they won all of them) but in your position I would assume they lose all 3, then you have to factor in how much that would hit morale/momentum going into the last 3 "easy" games.

Murray isn't that big of a factor for me, the only reason he has looked decent is because of the play of the O-Line. All his damage was done against the Rams in the 2nd half after the O-Line had ****ed up their D-Line, creating large holes for him to go through. I think McKinnon/whoever else they pick up wouldn't be a major downgrade on Murray/McKinnon.

I don't know if you are a Vikings fan, I am. Head over heart I would say they make the divisional game but **** it up in true Vikings style. There really is nothing (apart from Vikings history) that indicates they are going to not make the post season and not go reasonably deep in it. From what I have seen they are the most complete team in the NFC so really should make the conference game, but there are a few other factors to throw in as well (mainly the Bridgewater situation, they kind of have to let him start a few games just to see what he is like).

Bottom line is I really don't know :D Too many times the Vikings have looked promising to **** it all up in spectacular fashion for me to be confident on anything they do. I don't think they win the whole thing, but they could quite conceivably get to the Super Bowl or round before so the odds will drop even more and you should wait. As a sidenote I had a very large bet on them winning the whole thing that I was going to trade out of after the wildcard round the year Walsh missed the 20 yard field goal to win that game, so maybe I am not the best person to listen to.

18. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

You are not picking predos?

19. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Thanks, Stan and (particularly) Saintmagic; just the sort of guidance I was looking for. For those who like a story with an ending, the Vikes have drifted a bit today in the SB market, and you couldn't lay at better than 15. So I've traded the original stake back, plus half the surplus, leaving myself a 'free' 15-point bet at the original stake. Once you've decided that their season will be either 11-5 or 12-4, then it's just a question of when you decide to bale out. Even if they reach the conference final, they'd still be (guessing) about 5.0 for the SB, so it's not a difficult choice.

Answering the question: no, I'm not a Vikes fan and I've got no emotional tie to any team in the NFL. Basically, I'm just a punter who likes the game: every August I have a long-range SB bet, nearly always on a side who (in my view) were better than their record showed last year and consequently have got a softish schedule plus, maybe, the chance to have made some smart draft-selections. I nearly always trade out before the end of the regular season - the only time I ever let the bet run full-term and won was on SB XXV, when poor Scott Norwood kicked himself into the Losers' Hall of Fame (what a charmless, spiteful people Americans are).

The reasons I like the game are mixed: mainly it's because of the amazing contrast between the choreographed, super-regimented playbook routines, and the times when some brilliance or improvisation throws the playbook out of the window. I don't know of any other sport which can do that alongside such physical speed and strength. On the downside, I find the flagwaving, team-bonding and godblessamerica stuff simply annoying. And for all the practice, all the repetitive training-plays, all the emphasis on not making mistakes, it's amazing how often a game will turn on something utterly unpredictable: if Edelman hadn't got his fingers under that ball with three minutes left in SB LI, the drive would have stalled, and there'd probably have been a different result. But I'm getting boring now, so I'll stop. Thanks again.

pompeymeowth and BobbyD like this.
  20. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

C K and the fun time band.
    Vikes are looking pretty impressive. That last TD pass by Case was a beauty.