1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Big Chief's pigskin pow wow.

Discussion in 'American Football' started by pompeymeowth, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Wow such cynicism. Though in my short time as a Vikings fan, since 2013, enough 'stuff' has happened to make me realise why Vikings fans are so cynical on social media. Good thing being a Portsmouth fan prepared me for being a Vikings fan.

2. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Yep, have a look back at some of the stuff that happens to the Vikings throughout history and you will see why people think they are cursed. Pretty much before every big game in their history something ridiculous has happened off the field ****ing up the performance on the field. Or when they are playing the game something that seems to never happen to other teams happens to them. I saw a quote from a Vikings fan a couple of years ago that has stuck with me as it is funny and also very true:

"We have a young team packed with talent, a new head coach who looks like he knows what he is doing and is very likeable and we are moving to a new state of the art stadium. This fills me with hope and optimism for the future and as a Vikings fan this is just the worst ****ing feeling imaginable"

Even since 2013 there have been enough instances before any major game to give you some evidence to what I am talking about. Last season they were a lot of the experts picks as dark horses for the super bowl, only for their QBs knee to internally combust taking a ****ing snap on a non contact training drill a week before the season starts. They managed to win the first 5 games with an O-Line that was assembled out of players who would be nowhere near starters at any other team. They then all got injured and their **** O-Line was using the backups to the **** O-Line, and in some cases the 3rd/4th choices as the backups got injured. The next 11 games were 3-8 and they missed out on the playoffs. Despite being terrible for the last x games they had a chance to make the playoffs. All they had to do was beat the Packers away and they were in. Their plane FALLS OFF THE ****ING RUNWAY whilst it is taxiing to the terminal in Green Bay when they landed and the team is stuck on the plane for a few hours meaning they can't go through the usual pre game stuff they normally would and they end up losing, but in true Vikings style they don't lose by too much so the plane thing becomes a factor that may have swung it Green Bays way.

3. SaintLapras

And of course there's a
    And of course there was the missed 27 yard field goal from Blair Walsh (who up until that point had been pretty reliable) against Seattle, and then the beginning of this season, we destroy the Saints and then the day after Bradford is ruled out for weeks, and a couple of weeks later our star rookie RB is ruled out for the rest of the season. It is pretty crazy how one team can have so much bad luck.

4. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

The Blair Walsh one was nothing, let me show you Gary Anderson:

In 1998, Anderson signed with the Minnesota Vikings and converted all 35 of his attempted field goals and all 59 extra points in regular season play, becoming the first placekicker to finish the regular season with a 100% success rate on both field goals and extra points. His only miss of the season came in a playoff game against the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons ending up winning the game in overtime sending them to Super Bowl XXXIII.

The field goal attempt was from 28 yards, his first miss in 2 ****ing years and its from what should basically be a chip shot. Man I hate the Vikings

5. SaintLapras

I'm so glad I wasn't even into American Football then, or even knew what the Minnesota Vikings were. Just reading the Wikipedia game summary from 'Anderson's Kick' to the end of the game is pretty traumatising. I can't imagine how it would have been to have actually watched it.

6. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Folk off.

With a decent kicker the Bucs could have sneaked it. The muscle hamster looks good this year and the D is strong.

7. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

@BobbyD .. you don't need anything more than this game at ATT.

18 yard run on 3 & 8 with 20 seconds to go

GOAT = Rodgers. No arguments mate. Never.

8. SaintLapras

Are the packers the jammiest team of all time? I think so.

****sake.

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

If Rodgers ever had half decent O Line, there is no need for any games. Just give out the Lombardi before September to Rodgers.

All these years awful O Line has made it interesting for all of us.
    #GOAT

Rodgers better than Messi TBH

10. SaintLapras

Hopefully he retires soon.

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

hahahaha

Matt is not far behind and Sam cannot stay healthy. So give it a rest. NFC North is no brainer.

12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

It is just so sweet. Last season Divisional & this. Rodgers 2nd home is ATT?

13. SaintLapras

Well of course it's obvious the Packers are going to win the North. Again. That's why I want Rodgers to retire, bring some competitiveness back to the division. Seeing as the last time someone managed to take the division from them, the QB (Bridgewater)'s knee exploded so that scuppered any hope of anyone challenging the Packer's dominance in the future.

Tbh, I'd even take the Lions ahead of the Packers.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Boys got no rings. Hell boys got barely any conference trophys. Its like saying harry kane is better than drogba

15. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Well some interesting results again- I think we'll over half the league has a 3-2 or a 2-3 record. Only the Chiefs and the Packers seem to be finding a way to get it done.

My Niners are now 0-5 and the rebuild feels very slow. They're not getting pummelled though and that was another close one they lost, albeit to a poor Colts side.

16. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

Imagine being a Lions fan. Any winning ring they might have would be made out of Bronze.

17. SaintLapras

So NFL owners are considering introducing a rule requiring players to stand for the national anthem. I know another country which enforces patriotism.

please log in to view this image

BobbyD likes this.
  18. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

They aren't all bad you know Laps.

19. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

I loved this! Duck, Duck....

please log in to view this image

20. SaintLapras

Interesting Vikings - Packers game. Rodgers being injured makes it more interesting but we're making it harder for ourselves than we should have. Losing 35 yards in penalties just before half-time was ridiculous and denied us a scoring chance... and both the Packers scoring plays have come from turn-overs. We really need to cut that out if we have any hope of winning.