1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big 1.2.3 for Wales

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by john hughs, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Would Earnie have taken 1 of Millers chances yesterday - probably.

However Miller is by far a better all round player.

Earnie just doesnt have the ability or awareness of Miller.

If Earnie had started I think wed have lost in normal time.

I dont think there is a grudge.

Theres a whole host of managers who have left Earnie out.

His whole round game was never that good and hes lost pace.

Miller has to keep his place.

Miller probably does need a rest but I think youd see a lot of possession lost with Earnie in the side.

If he does play I hope he proves me wrong.

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

but what is a striker on the pitch to do hilts, miller was excellent outside the box but inside it he didnt keep his cool when it mattered, contrast masons finish with millers.... mason calmly slots the ball through the keepers legs, whilst miller kept his head down and smashed it over the bar... i'm not saying he played badly, just that people call him a poacher, well he just isnt, poachers score goals like the chance he had late on in normal time to win it... i'm not saying earnie would have taken it,, his confidence must be shot, and he would have been outmuscled by agger and skrtel, gestede won every ball he jumped for though....<ok>

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

ITI mate

Sorry but Earnie for Miller, never, even if Miller is tired. He adds so much more than Earnie now can.

It's a pity Malky can't engineer a loan move in with Earnie going out the other way. I'm sure he could do the business in a lower league but not the Championship I'm afraid.

4. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Hilts!
    I hope your right and there is no grudge but because we've failed to strengthened the squad in this area Earnie is the alternative,yet often fails to even make the bench.We are told that Malky has had the nod to spend so where is the credible alternative.

Not trying to overshadow yesterdays momentous occassion,again we have made hisory, but looking to stimilate some debate on what appears to be becoming a problem especially with such a small squad. <ok>

5. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

I think that Miller chance was harder than people give credit for. Carroll was charging at him and he had to hit it early as it came down, or it would have just been blocked anyway.

6. Hilts24

Malky selected the side and preferred Miller.

We took one of the top 6 clubs in the country all the way to pens.

I think he got it right.

Does anyone really think selecting Earnie over Miller would have won us the cup - I dont.

Does anyone think Earnie would have laid that ball off for Mason. Very , very unlikely. It would have been head down and run and attempt a shot.

My only suprise was Kiss coming on and not Conway. For a start Conway would have taken a pen.

However Kiss was again excellent when he came on.

After the play off final and the FA Cup Final I believe the manager let us down.

Not yesterday a superb effort from everyone.

If we had only used 2 subs then maybe we could criticise. But there was no way we could get Earnie on.

7. Hilts24

ITIWRAN - no problem.

As you say its worth a debate.

Miller missed his chances so the pressure is on him.

Lets hope if Earnie gets his chance he can take it.

If selected he can do a job alongside Gestede no doubt. Mason might find it a struggle though.

8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Where's the OP? <whistle>

9. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Just peeking through the stats . Cardiff had to defend 37 shots toward target , 17 of them on target , & no less than 19 corner kicks . The team must have felt like they've been through the boar war waking up this morning , defense a' la amazing .

10. Hilts24

Ben Turner is eligible for Wales.

He should be approached.

We need all the quality players we can get.

11. ToL1D7

ToL1D7 Member

Congrats to Cardiff, well played. Shame about the ending. Though personally I'd usually take no greater pleasure than watching cardiff fail, it was too close and felt cruel in way.

12. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Agreed Hilts he was awesome again yesterday. A captain of the future and would be a terrific asset for Wales.

13. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

good player, he wont get near the england squad, but would get into ours, would provide excellent backup to collins and williams, though you would have thought the initiative to play for wales would have to come from his side, after all we only want committed players.....<ok>

14. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Is this ever going to get taken off the Swansea board? 13 pages now...

15. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Appears not Scott. Think you have asked 3 times now but nothing is being done.

16. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

the funny thing is that you've ignored two requests from me on how to remove it from this board, there is no obvious way to, and i obviously wasnt here yesterday so its not as if i've been ignoring you <doh>

17. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Swamp, check your PM

The request has been received and is currently going through the consideration process.

not really, I'm just being a twat <laugh>... I'll do it when I get home <ok>

18. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

I'm unsure myself Swamp, Scott may know.

19. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Sorry man! I had been looking to see if I'd been asked, and if it was sent via PM I had to empty my inbox the other day (I did notice I hadn't received 2 messages - had email alerts about it - I assume that was you?)

You go to "advanced edit" and where the "2nd destination forum" is selected (it'll currently be on the Swans - hold ctrl and click Swansea and it will deselect it), then just select a random forum that no-one uses to transfer it to - that's what I do. International Rugby Union would be appropriate I guess? It'll stay on the Cardiff board then, as well as disappearing from the Swans one. You don't seem to be able to simply "remove" it from the 2nd forum, only switch which 2nd forum it's on.

20. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

H will ask cypruss to do it, in the mean time if scott can tell us how to do it great, if not then a short wait til cyprussy does it... <ok>

edit: thanks scotty, i'll give it a go <ok>