1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bielsa's post match conference.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Apr 19, 2019.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Bielsa doesn't sound happy.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He should partly take the blame, the substitutions were wrong, they didn’t work and reading on just this forum alone, I haven’t read one comment that was in favour of his substitutions, Forshaw doesn’t do Phillips role, Roofe isn’t a 10 Alioski and Harrison were having stinkers.

Confusing thing is, I’ve seen Alioski play okay and get subbed, he wasn’t at the races yesterday and remains on, Phillips and Roberts were two of the better ones from the first half yesterday.

Video has been disabled could see what he had to say <ok>

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No reflection on ll for posting it but I’ll give it a miss if you don’t mind. I’m not going to analyse that debacle any more, far too annoying and frustration. Roll on Monday and we’ll see if there’s life left in our challenge or have we completely imploded. I’ve no idea which at this present time

4. floyd9t8

floyd9t8 Member

I agree, but at least were terrible, maybe.....hopefully that's the kind of performance needed to make the players realise we can't just turn up and get the results. I can't think of a team who are worse than us at playing teams that have had men sent off.

Yesterday we seemed to think that the goals would put themselves in the net and the result was a forgone conclusion.

Bamford needs dropping, he is no good in the air and doesn't chase like the rest.....roofe needs to start at Brentford.
    Roll on monday....Hull won't be easy for Sheff Utd....so there's still a chance.

MOT.

ristac and southernwhite like this.
  5. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all The game was a case of being beaten by over confidence. It was OK up to the sending off the penalty was a set back but when Bamford scored a beauty confidence soared it seemed an unlikely possibility that Wigan would score,until they did. They realised they were still in the game and the points were lost. It is no good blaming individual players it was a team defeat.

ristac, FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Well at least you've a European cup semi final to look forward to:emoticon-0105-wink:

7. Irishshako

and the Blades still have to go to Stoke on the last day. That won't be easy IMO<ok>

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  8. Irishshako

Unfortunately WC we are a club full of supporters who pick on individuals. IF Alioski hadn't slipped he may have got to their player for the first goal. These things happen and will continue to happen.<ok>

w.c.dukenfield likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Maybe it will be easy but hull should put up a fight at least v blades.

Irishshako likes this.
  10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

We’ve games to win ourselves. If we can’t win the three, it won’t matter much what the others are at

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. Irishshako

Have a drink Eire, you're starting to depress me:grin:

12. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

yes i agree the substitutions were wrong in the wigan game he took off roberts and put roofe on , when in fact he should have taken off clich and put roofe on , then that would have meant up front leeds had roofe , bamford and roberts which i have never seen yet , clich has done nothing and yet he keeps him on why ?????

ristac likes this.
  13. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

irishshako i looked at that and slowed down the video replay in the wigan game i think your refering to the 1st goal by wigan and the wigan striker pushed alioski to the ground and ran on to score it should have been a foul i believe and the strange thing is alioski did not even complain to the ref but also alioski was in the wrong place he should have been goal side of the striker not on the other side of him as i say i dont think alioski is a defender and should not be put there

Irishshako likes this.