1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bielsa V Marsch

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 8, 2022.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Full stop didnt register on my pad Eric <laugh>

ellandback and Eric Le Merde like this.
  2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

What's a decimal point between friends? :emoticon-0105-wink:

It looks like apostrophes are a bit dodgy too.

ellandback likes this.
  3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

balanced and sensible post rich… have you had a big reefer since the match <laugh>

ristac likes this.
  4. milkyboy

interesting comment from the guy who seemed to have a father/son relationship with bielsa.

Norwayleedsforever likes this.
  5. milkyboy

In terms of the football under marsch. It’s not been pretty but nobody comes in and plays like Brasil in these circumstances. Newcastle didn’t improve under Howe for months.

Even so, you can’t really use today as an example. We’re coming to a good side in form and our keeper makes a howler after 5 minutes. That sort of thing reverberates through the team,5 mins later we’re 2 down after shocking defending… then our most experienced player has a brain fart. When you watch team sports you see this sort of communal panic regularly. So yes we were sh*t but made a fist of it second half with 10 men.

6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

It is common sense Eire but some thankfully not on here, seem to be laying the blame entirely at his feet, fecking ridiculous.

7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Radz hoping to increase our value to £1Billion in the near future ?

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

ellandback likes this.
  8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Took the World by storm? We finished ninth. The same feat that will be achieved this season by either Bright, Palace or Brentford. We let in 63 goals on his watch.

ALL those shyte players - Bielsa signed them...

Conceding 63 goals in 26 game - All Bielsa....

Not strengthening in January - All Bielsa...

Relegation - ALL BIELSA

9. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Ell you are forgetting that we got there because we had the best coach in the world, they got there by luck and having numpties for coaches.

ellandback, FORZA LEEDS and Aski like this.
  10. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Totally correct Ell, we should never have sacked Heckingbottom, and appointed a total loser such as Bielsa <doh>.

Whilst I can accept that Bielsa's time was up this season I am not going to forget that if Bielsa was responsible for everything that went wrong this season, then he was also responsible for everything that was good about this club for 3 seasons.

If you want to remember Bielsa for being crap, that's your privilege, I however prefer to think that at least we had someone who brought some pride to the club, after 20 years of absolute "shyte", from when we appointed Terry "Vegetables" until some guy from South America came over and said I can get this club promoted with virtually the same squad of players that sank into oblivion the season before, and for most of his tenure, united the majority of the fanbase.

All those shyte players signed before Bielsa joined gaining promotion - All Bielsa

Conceding the second lowest amount of goals for a Leeds team since Don Revie's last season - All Bielsa

Promotion from the Championship - All Bielsa

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Spouting controversial ****e to generate posts - all ell.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jesse will have had 12 games in charge by the end of the season. Just short of a third of a season, in that time he’s had more key players available. It really won’t be “All Bielsa” if we get relegated.

Lampard has put some good results together with his inherited Everton team, results at Burnley picked up when they recently sacked Dyche.

If we go down it will be a number of reasons why and it will include both Bielsa and Marsch.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  13. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Bielsa v Marsch

If we go down, as is looking increasingly likely, we’d almost certainly have come straight back up with Bielsa still in charge.

Not confident Marsch would do the same.

ristac and Doc like this.
  14. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

MB will always be a legend to me. Something has changed this year. We have been easy to play against for most of this season. It's been said that teams have cussed us out but why? I thought the reason we did well last year was not the quality of the players but the work rate. Teams are ripping us apart this year without breaking a sweat. Either they have identified weaknesses or we're not doing what we were doing. Surely our coaching staff (MB or JM) can identify what is going wrong?
    I agree, MB had to go after the February. A team in League 2 playing 4 PL teams would be very disappointed to concede that many goals in 28 days. It was a damn shame because if anybody could have got the most out of the players he had available it was MB. Maybe we're just not good enough.

Doc likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Lampard inherits a better team that had upwards of 250m spent on it. Ours isn't fit for purpose anymore regardless who is the coach sadly

wakeybreakyheart, Old Git and Gessa like this.
  16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

If they hadn’t been “overloaded” they wouldn’t be playing premier league football.

Doc and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

At least he is being honest.

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<applause><applause><applause><applause>

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Neither am I. He bought hope, aspirations and made every single one of us proud of our club again BUT the buck stopped with Bielsa regarding signing players, having a wafer thin squad, not buying a second goal scoring striker for the entire first team, over training, and sending our team out like a lamb to the slaughter when playing a decent club because he was too arrogant to change tactics.

Mj shoulder and Eireleeds1 like this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Neither am I. He bought hope, aspirations and made every single one of us proud of our club again BUT the buck stopped with Bielsa regarding signing players, having a wafer thin squad, not buying a second goal scoring striker for the entire first team, over training, and sending our team out like a lamb to the slaughter when playing a decent club because he was too arragant to change tactics.

I'm not forgetting what he has done for the club, but if I was going to live in the past I'd rather remember what Revie and Wilko achieved, and imo Bielsa doesn't come close.

Mj shoulder likes this.