1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bielsa Team

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I think there are more pressing signings than a keeper, the solicitor deserves his chance.
    Whether it was TC or Orta who made the decision to firstly buy Wiedwald and then persist in keeping him in the side, ultimately cost TC his job, he is a bad a keeper I've seen, you could see the early season confidence drain out of the defence having to play in front of him.

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

There will be time a plenty for that if it goes tits up.
    I would say there is about a 1 in 3 chance of this working if Orta is binned or relegated to going and signing the managers recommendations and 0 in 3 chance if Orta is still spunkimg Rads cash on the ****e he must be getting backhanders to take on... there can be no other explanation for Fritz and Heinz.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  3. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I see no reason to replace BPF as number one, sign someone as cover by all means but I believe he is the best goalie we have had for years even at this age

Gessa likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

In fairness time will tell. He hasn’t been tested in the cauldron of pressure matches. The last ten games of last season were on a par with Pre season friendlies or worse. We may still need an experienced number one and can’t afford to wait till the transfer window shuts to find out. Good keepers are not easily found any more. Victimpool are
    Prepared to pay 40m plus for one and still can’t get one

ristac likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

SPUNKING..........<yikes> The Queens English is wasted on you..<laugh>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Its wasted on that old German dole scrounger too :emoticon-0105-wink:

Irishshako likes this.
  7. w.c.dukenfield

On the few occasions I have seen BPF I have seen enough to suggest he could be one of the best goalkeepers in the country.

ristac, Gessa, patb and 2 others like this.
  8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Exactly, can't do much for his confidence if he hears we need a new number one from fans and management, he's a very good keeper who is gonna get even better with experience, if he's good enough, he's old enough, he should be our no1.

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

We just need better back up than Wielwald and Lonergan.

OLOF likes this.
  10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Hope he is and will save about 5m that needs to be spent elsewhere

OLOF likes this.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Leeds are believed to have made £20million available for Bielsa to spend this summer, with a large chunk of that likely to be invested in the forward line. A new goalkeeper and a new centre-half is also seen as a priority for the Argentinian coach."

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

... if he hasn’t spotted that the midfield needs some work then he might not be the tactical gennius he’s cracked up to be!

14. w.c.dukenfield

It would be a big mistake to expect BPF to play second fiddle to a new goalkeeper.

Farsleyexile and OLOF like this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

The young England keeper from city 1 st choice,but if not,then I don't think we should spend big on one,BPF will do the job.

ristac likes this.
  16. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Whitejock, Farsleyexile and ristac like this.
  17. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

From what i have read and been told about Bielsa he wont piss about with the likes of Pontus making statements he wants to leave his options open till after the WC, BPF imo is good enough to hold the No 1 spot, he may give Pontus an ultimatum of "make your mind up lad", Forshaw and Saiz could well be the prize midfielders he will work with, he will pull in a raw boned CF and a couple more to fit around the ones i have mentioned, all in all there will be a few arses nipping come next Monday i think when they report back for pre season training, some of the dross will be exiting that is for sure, lets see what transpires in the next few weeks to come, one thing for sure its going to be interesting.

OLOF, Irishshako and Farsleyexile like this.
  18. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

BFP is a good keeper, he has certainly shown his potential, but like you said, he hasn't really been tested yet.

There's only one flaw with BFP at moment, and that is lack of experience, we saw that during a few games he played last season; not his fault by any means, but he does lack that experience required for an all out assault on winning championship.

Bielsa was brought in for an all out assault on winning championship, and getting promoted. Bielsa is going to be using, and bringing in the players he feels are above being good enough to stand the challenge and succeed.

Bielsa and Co may well bring him on, but too quick can be detrimental to BFP himself, too slow can have the same affect.

BFP is a "tween the devil and the deep blue sea" situation. Good enough but, will he be able to step up, experience wise, for the whole season.

19. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

weirwald going out of the door also gomes , antonsson , and denton no news on cooper yet

: Bielsa, Leeds, 3-3-1-3