1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best/Worse Transfer Deadline day outcomes for us

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I get the tone of the post may have upset you. The message however was loud and clear that due to the timing and the fact he was clearly going, we needed things to hurry up in order to get the replacement over the line. I'm sure you'd agree that the complications that seem to have arisen since would go some way to vindicating that concern. There was no disrespect to Drinkwater there, but he waned to go and we have probably a better player if he adapts, lined up so let him go and get the lad who wants to be here in. As I said, if no replacement was lined up I'd have been worried as hell! Also the feigning injury to get his move lacks class on his part, at least Mahrez has played. I also think the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel are irreplaceable to us but Drinkwater is. That's no disrespect to him, in my opinion, he just isn't on that level so Silva in and a hefty profit seems good sense on the owners part

stevefox likes this.
  2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Done no favours for his previous manager either.

Chelsea proved this window winning the title means nothing in regards to transfers.

Fairly decent transfer business as a whole, a new RB would have been missing IF Mahrez had left, but as it stands, i think we are good until January.