1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best wishes to RHC

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Aug 31, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Leave your messages and best wishes here for rhc as he gets bladdered then gets a new hip

terrifictraore likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

All the best you mad bartard. Chat up those nurses for us <ok>

3. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

First comment on your own post. <doh>

4. moreinjuredthanowen

The op wasnt written as from me <ok> i just thought it nice if you lot wrote something for him today before he is too drunk to read after 5pm.....

5. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I haven't caught up with the Cheeeze yet and he hasn't text me anything. <yikes>

6. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Best wishes RHC, I hope the nurses don't take advantage of you sexually whilst you're unconscious.

All the best, I hope they don't end up amputating both legs.

Seriously, the board won't be the same while you're gone, so hurry back healthy and happy. <ok>

BobbyD and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Stunning ****ing response. Shower of ****s <grr>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

I should have advertised.

**** sake lads one more hour.

9. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Remember RHC what you do to Gina when she wears her nurses uniform is not allowed at a real NHS establishment. God help the nurses when you come around from the anesthetic.

organic red likes this.
  10. Red Hadron Collider

I'm off in 10 minutes <ok>

11. Red Hadron Collider

Are you a yank <grr>

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Sorry to hear this RHC I wish you a speedy recovery. I know we are not best of friends but would never wish you evil:emoticon-0150-hands:emoticon-0150-hands.

13. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

No but my spellcheck appears to be!

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  14. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Enjoy the morphine - it's ****ing sound when you get to our age. :emoticon-0103-cool:

Skylarker likes this.
  15. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Make sure x marks the correct hip...

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  16. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

If you can ****ing find one in the modern day, Toryfied NHS.

#nevermissanopportunity

BobbyD and organic red like this.
  17. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Best of luck RHC - speedy recovery - catalogue for stair lift in the post <ok>

18. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

How to Not Fall Down Stairs
    Falling down stairs injures thousands of people a year, and when seniors fall, the consequences can be painful. Most of these accidents can be easily prevented by following a few simple safety tips. Learning more about the reasons people fall, and making some changes in your own habits can be effective in preventing falling down stairs.

Part One of Three:
    Reducing Slips on Stairs

1. please log in to view this image

Pay attention. Going down stairs is done so frequently that many accidents are caused by not paying attention to the stairway environment. Research suggests that people tend to look only at the first three steps of a stairway, rather than at each step.When walking down unfamiliar stairs, be careful to attend to each step.[1]
      • In older stairways, stair depth may vary. This is a significant cause of falling. Be aware of the possibility of variance, and walk carefully.
      • If you're nearsighted, you'll also want to wear your glasses when you walk down stairs. If your feet are out of focus, your risk for falling down stairs increases.

2. please log in to view this image

Take your time. Don't hurry or run down stairs, especially on steep, curved or cramped stairways. If you are in a rush, take a breath before descending stairs.[2]
      • Never take stairs more than one at a time.
      • Keep your eyes on the stairs, particularly at the base of the stairway. Many falls occur when people assume they've reached the bottom of the stairs, and take a step out into air.

3. please log in to view this image

Use handrails and stair rails. Stair rails are the railings built around landings, while handrails are designed to be used when walking down stairs. Make sure that all railings are at a consistent height from the stair, 34-38 inches above the stair.[3]
      • If existing handrails are decorative, but not useful, replace them with appropriate handrails.
      • A handrail should allow for an adult person's hand to wrap around it. The handrail should be free of splinters or rough areas that might injure the hand.
      • The handrail should allow for free passage from beginning to end, without interruptions.
      • At the bottom of the handrail, the handrail should extend at least the length of one stair. This will allow for stability upon reaching the end of the stairs.

4. please log in to view this image

Educate people on the importance of handrails. Handrails can be effective tools in avoiding falling down stairs, only if they are used. Teach those who use the stairs, whether in your home or workplace, the importance of holding a handrail when walking down stairs.[4]
      • Handrails should be provided on both sides of the stairs. A person walking up and a person walking down stairs should both be able to hold a handrail without interruption.
      • Never walk down stairs without holding one hand to the handrail.

5. please log in to view this image

Prevent vulnerable people from accessing stairs. Small children and older adults who cannot safely access stairs, such as those with dementia, should be prevented from accessing stairs by using a safety gate. Make sure that the stairs are secure, both at the top and the bottom of the stairway.[5]
      • Attach the safety gate securely to the wall on one side. The other side of the gate will be attached to the stair banister.
      • Make sure that the latch on the gate is properly closed at all times you need the gate to be effective.
      • Pressure gates are designed to fit between a door frame. Never use a pressure gate to block a stairway, as it will not be secure

Skylarker, BobbyD and DirtyFrank like this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

What part of this deals with senile drunks who would fall over that stair gate and hurt themselves worse?

20. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member