1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best News of the week - and its Monday AM on the desk.

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottagecravens, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

If Arsenal do get another striker in, I'd put in a cheeky bid for a loan of Chamakh instead of Bendtner.

As for Crouch I've always thought he was more of a nuisance than a decent player. Always seems to be fouling people to get to the ball. And Refs don't seem to be fooled by him.

2. valjing

valjing Member

Crouch is not my perfect choice but he is streets ahead apart from BZ,of who we are constantly playing.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Arrogance! The sports psychologist obviously never interviewed Mr Cantona, so maybe not the worst trait in a goal scorer, anyhow Bendner isn’t in that league. Luke Young would be a good asset though.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the sports pyschologists first day on the job!

Agreed about Luke Young - he would be a decent buy, albeit a not-very-exciting one. I still think I like the sound of the young French lad more though. Welcome to the board, by the way

5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Always had the feeling that MAF had a hankering to purchase a 'big name' striker. For instance the £12m a couple of years ago for Crouch which he still feels we were diddled out of.

I reckon, after the buying and selling so far, we still have about £10-12m in the pot. Okay not headline grabbing these days, but not bad, and something MAF will sanction soon.

Not a re-visit for Crouch though.

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome Cap. Tell me more about the French lad, as Young at 32 would be a stop gap.

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Serge Aurier. He's discussed in more detail on this thread: http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/75113-Friday-s-Transfer-Rumours

Aurier's 18, so a lot more long term potential than Young! I hadn't realised Young was as old as 32 - that makes me a lot less keen. If we were taking an established Premier League player, I'd prefer Hutton. But, as I said earlier, I'd prefer Aurier to either of them.

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I'd take Young rather than play Hughes at RB all season.