1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best for team GB (but not Norwich)

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Rubik's Tube, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rubik's Tube

Rubik's Tube Member

Norwich have a number of the best British players outside of the England squad.

If I was an Olympic selector I would seriously consider picking a squad of players that are used to playing with each other (rather than a bunch of randoms + Gareth Bale who will have no time to gel).

It wont happen, but I think they would be wise to try to pick the Norwich squad (minus non-brits Hoolahan, Jackson and Whitbred)!

(most home nations would be represented, although only problem wld be no N Ireland)

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could put Paul McVeigh on the bench...? If he can spare time from his media commitments?

3. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

You can only have 2/3 above the age of 23. The rest is below. I would be suprised if we see any norwich player in there.

4. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

Whilst I firmly believe we have a whole host of players who would be more than capable, we're simply not fashionable enough.

They would sooner pick "hot prospect" 18y/o Ardeligh Omlette-de-fromage who's only just got citizenship so he can join the Chelsea academy from Gambia.

Oh, and CWick for Team GB anyone? Another overhyped child.

5. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

I think this is a great opportunity to pick players from the Championship and below. Those that do not usually get the chance to represent their country (Unless they are scottish in which case they probably play every game lol).

I think that the 'Lambert' approach of choosing young hungry llower league players who have a bit of previously unrewarded quality is both the right thing to use this opportunity for and also the best thing to do to select a successful squad.

6. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

To be fair though mate he is quality on Champ Manager <ok>

7. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you here Kenny, we want to give ourselves the best chance to win and it means picking the best players within the rules which are set. If you look at likes of players Brazil and Argentina have fielded in the Olympics we need to up the bar to give ourselves a chance.

As for the team at my Gym they are advertising the date when they release the British Olympic football team gear and Jack Rodwell is the only player on the board. Bale is a great shout so is Aaron Ramsey. I hate to sound arrogant but it's going to be dominated with English players because we have the best players in the British Isles, the odd Welshman will be included. I haven't seen any decent Scottish players for years and Northern Ireland do the best with what they've got considering how many people they have to pick from.