1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Benji Kimpioka is happy to remain on Wearside

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Makemstine Roger, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Sunderland forward Benji Kimpioka says that he is happy to remain on Wearside, but hinted towards a desire to play regular football.
    The 19-year-old, signed for the Black Cats as an academy player from IK Sirius in 2016, made his League One debut against Peterborough last season.

Kimpioka then scored just 123 seconds in to his second Sunderland appearance against Carlisle United in the Checkatrade Trophy group stages.

But the Knivsta-born youngster will be hoping to muscle his way into manager Jack Ross’ plans and feature more regularly as Sunderland target promotion to the Championship at the second attempt.

Speaking to the Swedish media about his breakout season, Kimpioka said: "A good year. You are never satisfied, always want to have more as a football player, but I take this year as a lesson for myself. Hopefully more will happen in the future.

"A good start. I am grateful for that."

The raw youngster has just one year remaining on his contract, and with the club desperate to avoid another Josh Maja saga, chairman Stewart Donald suggested that he could be ostracised next season unless he commits his future to the club.

Kimpioka added: "You get to see what happens. As it looks now, I remain in Sunderland, which I am happy about. As long as I play football I am happy.”

If Kimpioka does sign a new contract Ross may opt to send him out on loan next season in search of the first-team football and experience that he desires.

smithy in nl likes this.
  2. Makemstine Roger

canny player good move to send him out for experience, hope we can play more up and comings instead of splashing out on ner do wells

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I say we don't send him out on loan and start integrating him into the team, as a regular sub to begin with and a starter if he does well. He seems the type to link up well as part of a front two so play him with Grigg if he's back on form.

He scored and assisted for Sweden the other day dunno if it was under 23s or not.

4. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

He cant do any worse than our strikers at the end of the season.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I'd agree with that too. Looks a right handful of a player. Bali Mumba as well - they should both be getting game time this coming season. Mumba is one of the most composed CMs I've seen at that age

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah Mumba probably could make the breakthrough too although his position is more congested. I like what I've seen of him which hasn't been much to be fair, Saffy suggested that he might be a bit easily bullied which would be understandable given his age, so maybe a loan would be a good idea.

7. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Loaning out is the easy option, I would rather see us develop players here integrating and competing with the first team, the likes of Hume, Mumba, Molyneux, Robson and Embleton were ready imo to be given time on the pitch, instead of the likes of Love, Morgan and Sinclair being preferred over our own youngsters, no wonder they loose heart. We would certainly be in a stronger position now if this had been done, as in Max's case, he should have been ahead of Ruiter imo, it would be just our luck if an offer we cant refuse comes in for Big Jon, we would then be looking for two new keepers before the season starts, and I havent forgotten the last time we were in this position, along came Steele and Camp closely followed by a disastrous relegation season in which they played a leading part.

Nads and Makemstine Roger like this.
  8. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I like Benji ( in a non gay way). He's a bit of a maverick and imo would be a decent squad player. Deffo a good sub to bring on when you want to bamboozle a defence.

9. Makemstine Roger

we believe you Gill MILLIONS WOULDN'T but we are yer marrars, marra

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I don’t believe him. It didn’t need saying so it’s denial to cover his flaming desires.

Each to their own of course if Gil loves the D then good for him.

Ahem.

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.

11. Makemstine Roger

Gill marra afraid you need to cross one of us off your list and its not me..................<laugh><laugh><laugh>