1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bellamy

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc1978, Jul 29, 2011.

1. FlagFlyingHigh

FlagFlyingHigh Active Member

Aye it was said Man City paid 40 grand of his wages each week while he was on loan. Be nice of them to do that with us but if he is surplus to their requirements since signing Aguero on 200+ K week I'm sure they'll want Bellamy sold not loaned.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Guys, you don't want him, trouble maker, not a team player, "the nutter with the putter", leave him alone and let him go back to Cardiff. They can try to sort him out. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Good luck for the new season by the way. Brucie's task will be to knit all your new talent into a team.

3. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

do you think if we offered all the money we got left from the bent & hendo....(44m minus 4.5m for gardener...about 7m for o'shea & brown + 10m for ji and wickham) so about 22.5m we could get onouah, johnson and bellamy? in reality 20m for johnson is way to much as good as he is they only paid 6m.

4. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Would prefer not to sign Bell-end-amy if I am being totally honest.

Lol Bart

5. Obertan's Rancid Toe

Obertan's Rancid Toe Well-Known Member

Great player but if he joined you at this stage in his career it would just be for a final pay day and wouldn't be worth it for you lot

6. Xsnaggle

Xsnaggle Member

hi Cardiff fan here, but I used to live up your way and I know how passionate you can be about your footie. A couple of things about Craig Bellamy. I know he is like Marmite, you either love him or hate him but these are some facts. Ask the fans of any club he hasn't played for and you get the kind of reaction I've read here, ask the fans of any club he has played for and they adore him. his work ethic is untouchable, his effort for the team is total and he only gets upset with those he beieves are not pulling their weight.
    the reason he came to Cardiff last year was because after he fell out with the manager Man City refused to sell him to another Prem club and he refused to go on loan to any other club than Cardiff. We were just lucky. All the time he has been playing for other clubs his family has lived in Cardiff and that is where his home is. After his first game for us he was interviewed having scored the winning goal and he said his reception was wondeful, the goal was wonderful but the best part was that in 20 minutes he'd be home having Saturday tea with his wife and kids and he hadn't been able to do that for all his childrens lives!
    He is fed up of travelling all the time, of missing his childrens birthdays and stuff like that.
    Some of the reason he gets into bother is because you always getsome nobber who wants to show off to his mates and 'prove' bellamy isn't as hard as he thinks he is. And he doesn't sit still for it. What would you do?
    why the high wages? A lot of people don't know this and it doesn't fit in with his 'bad ass' image but he uses his high wages to fund his own football acadamy for poor kids in the Ivory Coast. he has publicly stated that he has more than enough money to last him the rest of his life and he would play for nothing for any club which would fund the upkeep of his acadamy. But of course it wasn't widely reported because it isn't a story about how nasty he is.
    Trust me, if you get him you will see one of the best players ever to pull on one of your shirts and you will love him.
    I just hope he comes back home.
    Good luck for the season!!

7. Willa Pond

Willa Pond Active Member

I know you're sincere Xsnaggle but he's such a chippy twat I'm not sure I'd like him even if he was our chippy twat

8. Obertan's Rancid Toe

Obertan's Rancid Toe Well-Known Member

rep for this

9. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Brilliant stuff mate and as many on these boards will know, I'm a huge fan of Bellamy. Its his will to win, desire to be successful and hatred of defeat that he brings to the table. I was made aware a while ago about his off the field charitable activities but sadly its a side to him that never captures the headlines as quickly as his more fiery actions have.

I for one would be highly delighted to see Craig Bellamy in a Sunderland shirt next season.

10. SAFC78

SAFC78 Member

I know he can be a bit of a tool sometimes but he runs himself into the ground for every club he has been at. His wages won't be anywhere the 90k Man City are paying him as no other club will match that unless City help out.
    Also I never knew about his foundation in the Ivory Coast but then again its not a good story a football player doing something good, especially one with a bad reputation.

11. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

tomorrows **** house paper