1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Being interviewed by Burnsy

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tigermaul, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Just bought those 2 on kindle , looking forward to reading them when I get a chance

tigermaul likes this.
  2. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

1 Stasi Child, 2 Stasi Wolf, 3 A Darker State (now Stasi State), 4 Stasi 77, 5 Stasi Winter, 6 The Stasi Game (tentative title, pub autumn 2020 TBC, being written as I write!). Publishers say it's 6 and out, but I've also got a contract to write a separate crime thriller set in Hull during WW2.

3. tigermaul

Many thanks, sir!

Newland Tiger likes this.
  4. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Thank TM, I look forward to reading your 'Ull book <cheers>

big vern likes this.
  5. tigermaul

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  6. tigermaul

My new novel, Death In Blitz City, a crime thriller set in Hull in WW2 (think Foyle's War set in Hull and you get the drift) is coming out on July 7th. Ahead of publication, I'm looking for some help from a handful of Hull or East Yorks-based people for a guerrilla marketing campaign distributing promotional business cards (to friends, bookshops, libraries etc). Ideally you'd be around for the first week of July ahead of a talk I'm giving at Hull Central Library on July 6th, but that's not a deal breaker (nor is living in the region - as long as you have plenty of Hull contacts). In return, you'll get sent a free signed copy of the book (probably the week after publication once I've got my author copies) and entry into a very unofficial prize draw with a top 'prize' of £150 and a couple of minor 'prizes'.

Ideally, the people I choose (if anyone volunteers) will have read and enjoyed one of my 'Stasi' books so that they can give word of mouth recommendations, and ideally the cards won't just be chucked in the bin (or worse!).

Please PM me if interested with your name and postal address. For various reasons, I need to get the cards sent out on Monday, well ahead of time, so I need replies today or tomorrow if you want to take part. First come, first served.

7. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

Good luck with it all.

tigermaul likes this.