1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Barry Bennell

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 23, 2016.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I'll second that.

2. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

It'll toughen him up.

3. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Celtic the club whose scouts didn't rate Andy Robertson.

When he returns back down south, he'll end up at Forest.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    askewshair likes this.
  4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I've played a couple friendlies against teams from that level. The quality is no better, maybe a little worse than your local Saturday club who have attendances of about 30. I can't see how he'll improve playing that standard.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I have to agree, whilst living north of the border I went to a few highland league games. The standard was pretty poor and no better than Sunday league in the top divisions in Hull when I used to play.

Saf likes this.
  6. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

One of the teams I played against was Vale Of Leith (I think that was their name) - It was coming towards the end of their pre-season so they were more fine tuned than us but we played them off the park and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I used to go and watch Aberdeen regularly, and the football was pretty poor, I had been brought up watching City in the 2nd and third divisions and the SPL, apart from at the time Rangers & Celtic was no better than teams in the lower half of the Championship or upper half of the 3rd Division.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

They have found another one hiding here.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Premier League player to face no further action on child sexual abuse allegations
    Greater Manchester police confirms case against unnamed footballer arrested in 2021 has been dropped
    Mark Brown
    please log in to view this image

Greater Manchester police are to take no further action against a Premier League footballer who was arrested on suspicion of child sexual abuse offences.

The unnamed player had been arrested in connection with an investigation that began in June 2021.

The player, who has been on police bail, was suspended by his club, which said it would support the authorities with their inquiries.

The Crown Prosecution Service received a file of evidence from police in late January.A CPS spokesperson said on Friday: “After careful consideration, we have concluded that this case does not pass our legal test.

“We understand that when we decide not to authorise charges in any case it can be extremely difficult for complainants, and when we meet with them, we would always attempt to explain our decision, including any legal reasoning, as fully as possible.

“However, where our legal test is not met we cannot bring a prosecution, no matter how serious the allegations are.

“We never want to deter victims from coming forward. When a case has been fully investigated by police and where our legal test is met, we will work with them to build as strong a case as possible for a court to consider.”

Police said the man would face no further action, adding: “The investigation team and Crown Prosecution Service have been working together and reached the decision that the evidence available at this time does not reach the threshold set out on the code for crown prosecutors.

“Greater Manchester police is committed to investigating allegations to secure the best possible outcomes for all involved and will continue to work with partner agencies to ensure individuals are supported throughout investigations and beyond.”

The case had been the subject of widespread speculation that led to the then attorney general, Michael Ellis, warning the public to be careful about discussing it.

“Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and everyone deserves a fair trial,” he told the Guardian. “A misjudged tweet or post could have grave repercussions and interfere with a trial. It could mean a trial is delayed or at worst stopped because a fair trial isn’t possible – so I would caution everyone, don’t get in the way of justice being done.

“The attorney general’s office will monitor the situation and we will review any contempt of court allegations made to us.”

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Barry Bennell has died in prison.

I didn't think he deserved to be on the RIP thread.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Too right
    The **** him

rovertiger likes this.
  12. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.