1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Barnsley v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 10, 2021.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

<cheers>

2. Taffvalerowdy

The pressure is on Barnsley - they’ve got to score .....

Personally, I’d think about dropping Cullen and playing Connor wide on the right.

Smith isn’t the same since his injury - think I’d start with Hourihane - only because he cannot surely be as bad again?

azzuriswan likes this.
  3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Good shout re Connor Taff, his pace would be useful in beating their high line.

4. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Tickled me when Valerian said the pressure was on us considering the fact that they were favourites to at least reach the final and we were in fact the underdogs due to our patchy form. We can win again Saturday as long as we don’t do the defend our one goal lead with our lives. It won’t work.

5. glamexile

Taff, looks like there is support for our potential changes

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Those Brentford idiots on their forum have to be the most deluded people I've come across. There's one on there now saying he "prefers that they are actually one goal down going into Saturdays match as they now have an incentive."

As if winning promotion to the PL wasn't incentive enough. They don't half talk **** over there.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Personally I hope we don't see him again because imo he can be

8. Taffvalerowdy

Unfortunately, I suspect that you are right Matt <cheers>

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Just hope Cooper noted what the rest of us saw last night. he's no good under pressure and he's not up for a fight . Saturday will be just as intense so for me its got to be Smith as a minimum

10. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I think I'd play Roberts instead of Naughton and get Bidwell and Roberts to put crosses in for Cullen. But I'm more Keegan than Cooper and that's why I'm sat here waffling <laugh>

Wasn't it great to have the fans back, what a difference to the atmosphere. Should be cracking on Saturday!

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I hope it is ,we need to get behind the team so hopefully the West stand will be closed <whistle>
    IMO I think Naughtons a better defender and roberts better going forward , although having crosses coming in for Cullen for me won't work as he's not likely to win many headers ,he's better with his ball to feet something which was lacking last night. Not sure how Cooper will play this one. we're winning at half time but one is usually not enough certainly not for another 90 minutes or so .I think Barnsley will dictate how we play this one so don't right them off there's plenty of twists and turns in this one .(Brentford fans take note <laugh> )

12. daimungeezer

Not all crosses have to be head height ;) I think Cullen's a natural finisher, more so than Lowe (I'm thinking fast attacking wing play and first time, early balls in). But anyway, Cooper won't set up like that. We may see Routs start instead of Cullen and many of us wouldn't miss Hourihan for a more solid midfield as well. We're in the driving seat but cannot afford to just defend the lead but I'm worried Coops will have that mentality. We'll soon find out!

The crowd will go mental no doubt and it should be enough to spur the players on - hopefully :grin:

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I agree but for presence on the pitch it has to be Lowe as Cullens too easily knocked off the ball but give him space and yes he is the more natural finisher. We definitely can't afford sit back so you could be right and we see a more attacking threat from us but who knows with Cooper. Here's hoping for a good game <cheers>

14. glamexile

One of Cooper's key tactics must be not to get too many corners as we looked extremely vulnerable at our own corners last night :emoticon-0100-smile

15. daimungeezer

I didn't mean drop Lowe for Cullen <ok> They could be a great front 3 if we can get it right. I couldn't believe the shift Jamal put in last night, didn't think he had it in him!

That was shocking. It was as if they'd agreed with Barnsley beforehand that they'd give them a breakaway head start!

16. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

We were **** at corners so hit a couple back to midfield so they come out quickly then bang the next one in the box with power !

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  17. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

I think the west is closed to the public so fans are spread in the south,east and north for visual effect like last night....funnily enough though they started off very vocal it didn’t affect our players at all....they were quiet for long periods after the initial spurt and two things stood out for me,,,a mother with a young child sleeping on her seat obviously bored and an oldish geezer pointing to his watch because of our time wasting towards the end!!!!! Of course they wouldn’t have done the same if they were leading....