1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barcelona Vs Arsenal...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Disco, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Disco

Disco Guest

Does anyone think the Gooners can go out there and knock out the mighty Barcelona? More importantly are we, as Sunderland fans going to support the English side or the team that play the best football in the world.

The only game of Barca's that I have watched in full this year was at the Nou Camp (brothers stag do) against Hercules where Nelson "why the **** didn't Brucey sign him" Valdez took them apart and scored a brace as Hercules ran home convincing winners. Admittedly since then they have been nothing short of colossal.

Thoughts please!

2. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

I will be rooting for Arsenal. To my mind, they play the best football in England. Don't we get more European places the better we do? If so, surely it's in our interests?

3. Disco

Disco Guest

The further our clubs go in the Europa league and the Champions league earn us of coefficients points!

I'm all for Arsenal tonight but I can't see a positive result!

4. Smiffy

Smiffy Active Member

I'll be rooting for Arsenal (20 quid double on Arsenal and Spurs to win their games this week). I don't think that there is a better team in Europe to hit Barca on the break if they push too hard for an early goal.

5. Disco

Disco Guest

Busquets and Abidal at centre back...

6. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Definitely shouting for the Arse but hoping to see much magic from both sides.

Edit:
    BTW, I thought that Clichy did not touch Xavi in that "foul" on 3 mins.
    Early theatrics?

7. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Barca are playing PL Plus.

Rapid pace, high energy, closing Ars down on the edge of their own 18-yard area.

Add in Barca's undoubted skills and this is massive display from both sides, in fairness to Ars.

You have to wonder what will happen when tired legs come into play in the final 20 mins?

If Ars are still in it by then.
    You have to see a Messi foul/penalty happening sometime soon.

Where is Fabregas?

8. Disco

Disco Guest

He's the bloke on the edge of his own box, back healing it to the other team, giving away the ball for the goal!

Barca look good.

9. 56Danny

56Danny Member

That ref is a jobsworth.
    Am not an Ars supporter in the least, but sending off RVP was absolute bollocks. How often does a player take the shot after the whistle? Surely that is not the same as "kicking the ball away"? - one second later.

Absolute disgrace.

10. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

Could he hear the whistle? Isn't it a bit noisy there?

11. Disco

Disco Guest

I can't believe how casual Arsenal look at the back. They deserve to concede.

12. Disco

Disco Guest

And the floodgates open.

13. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Yep - fooked now.