1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barcelona are La Liga Champions.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Busby 's Babe, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Congratulations to Barcelona on retaining the La Liga title following Real Madrid's defeat this evening.

La Liga is such a dreadful league that there is no way Barcelona's only challengers Real Madrid will catch them. Bad news for Arsenal as Barcelona will now be able to rest players ahead of their Champions League tie against the gooners.

2. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

Have to agree. Poor league and there is no way Barca will lose 3 games. All over bar the shouting. Having said that, Barca are a special team and would win any league in Europe. Don't see Barca resting players before the Arsenal game but they'll still win!

3. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

it's a terrible league i think ronaldo will be regretting leaving us. he should just let his contract run down and we can sign him back in a couple of years.

4. merrysupersteve

If only viva. If only. He loves Real Madrid and we'll probably never see him in a United shirt again. Having said that, he has a great relationship with Jose and if Jose succeeds Sir Alex when the great man calls it a day, you never know.

5. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

The league isn't as bad as it is sometimes made out to be. I like how most teams are good at playing attractive technical football and villareal would be good enough to challenge for the title in any other league in the world. The death of the title race is a major draw back though.

6. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

didnt he sign a 6 year contract? got more than 4 years to run on it yet mate unfortunately

7. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Barca are jsut an amazing team. All leagues go through weak spells just over a decade ago we won the title by 18 points from second place, the prem is always as strong as it currently. is Does that mean that we were not an awsome team?

I dont think la liga is as bad as is made out by any stretch, yes defending can be shoddy but I generally reckon barca are jsut too damm good. For anyone.

8. Busby 's Babe

Real Madrid are the 2nd best team in Spain and they are awful, seriously.

9. robin_van_ fiberglass

Real Madrid are the 2nd best team in Spain and they are awful, seriously.
    ---------------------
    No they aren't, thats such a stupid thing to say. Do you think any team in the prem is better than them?

10. Busby 's Babe

Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea possibly even Man City and Spurs.

Real Madrid get knocked out in the first knockout round of the Champions League every season, just because Mourinho is in charge doesn't mean they are suddenly a great side.

They are far too over relient on Ronaldo.

11. robin_van_ fiberglass

I rate Villareal to be better than everyone in the league apart from us 2 and madrid are better than them. Were you not too heavily reliant on Ronaldo when he played for you? they have an amazing team and I can't see them not getting past the last 16 this year.

12. merrysupersteve

I think Villareal would finish 6th in England. I really think all of the "Big 5" would have enough about them over the course of the season to finish above them. Would maybe be nip and tuck between Spurs and Villareal but I still reckon they'd edge it. Certainly couldn't see them finishing above us, Arsenal, Chelsea or City. Good team but there are a lot of good teams in England right now.

13. Busby 's Babe

Why do you rate Villareal so highly? They have never done anything impressive in the Champions League, Real Madrid are better than them and over the past 6 years their Champions League form is poor.

14. merrysupersteve

Just to be controversial, we've played them 4 times without success! They parked the bus on every occasion but we didn't beat them. Arsenal destroyed them though and Adebayor scored a sensational goal against them.

15. Kamran - KingKoscielny

Kamran - KingKoscielny Active Member

Villareal play some fantastic football. They're just unlucky the two best teams in world football are in the same league as them. I think they would definitely finish in the top 4 in the Premier League.
    They're very similar to Spurs, fantastic going forward, but a bit vulnerable defensively.

16. robin_van_ fiberglass

I agre with the above. Whereas previously Villareal have been a quite good team and nothing more this year they have been excellent. All their players have fantastic technical ability, perhaps better than our own, and up front Rossi and Nilmar are really underrated players. Add to that Santi Cazorla, Valero and Cani and they have quite a team

17. manutd

manutd New Member

I wish if arsenal could go and join the spanish league. that way there will be one barcelona and one arselona.

18. Busby 's Babe

If Villareal are such a fantastic team then why have they never done anything in Europe?

If Real Madrid are such a great team then why do they keep getting knocked out of the Champions League in the first knockout round when they play against someone decent?

You are massivley overrating these teams!

19. robin_van_ fiberglass

Villareal should have got to the final in 2006 to be honest. This is missing the point though, i am not tying to argue that they have been good historically, just that they are good now.

20. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Why are these Arsenal fans tossing themselves off over Villareal? What have they ever done?