1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bahrain GP Driver rankings

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paco Montoya, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Wow! What a race! Who impressed you the most?

Hamilton -
    Rosberg -
    Perez -

Ricciardo -
    Hulkenberg -
    Vettel -
    Massa -
    Bottas -
    Alonso -
    Raikkonen -

Kyvat -
    Grosjean -
    Chilton -
    Kobayashi -
    Maldonado -
    Bianchi -
    Button -

Magnussen -
    Gutierrez -
    Ericsson -
    Vergne -
    Sutil -

Use this order please :)

2. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

Hamilton - 9
    Rosberg - 9
    Perez - 10 * Agree Perez what a performance!

Ricciardo - 9
    Hulkenberg - 7.5
    Vettel - 7.7 Considering the problems he had in qualifying and the race a pretty decent recovery.
    Massa - 6
    Bottas - 6.7
    Alonso - 7
    Raikkonen - 7

Kyvat - 7
    Grosjean - 6
    Chilton - 6.2
    Kobayashi - 6
    Maldonado - 0
    Bianchi - 6
    Button - 7

Magnussen - 6
    Gutierrez - 6
    Ericsson - 6
    Vergne - 5
    Sutil - 5

3. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

It it okay to slap everybody with a 10, except Maldonado who gets a negative 10,000,000?

4. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Hamilton - 9 Would have been 10 but for his quali lap screw-up, Great defending and aggression against Rosberg
    Rosberg - 9 Would have been 10 if he had won and been the one defending Hamilton. Lost out at the first corner for a victory that should have been his.
    Perez - 10 On it all weekend and well worth his podium. Had a few critics after the first 2 races but answered them well!

Ricciardo - 9 Unfortunate to have the grid penalty, but great race and some great moves, including putting one over his team-mate
    Hulkenberg - 8 Not his greatest weekend as out shone by Perez but still drove very well to get a solid 5th.
    Vettel - 7 In Ricciardo's shadow this weekend. Sense of frustration starting to come through as well.
    Massa - 7 Solid performance in the Williams again.
    Bottas - 7 Solid performance in the Williams again.
    Alonso - 5 Where was he this weekend? Anonymous
    Raikkonen - 6 Gets a better score than Alonso simply for being ahead in quali and the race, but still seemed out of sorts.

Kyvat - 7 Decent showing again. Didn't do anything spectacular but only 1 place outside the points.
    Grosjean - 7 Hard to tell how well he is doing but can at least keep himself out of trouble now.
    Chilton - 7 13th place and another finish. Showing Bianchi that the tortoise always wins.
    Kobayashi - 7 Nearly made Q2, not sure what he did in the race but seemed okay.
    Maldonado - 4 All going well until he left his brain in his pit box..........
    Bianchi - 4 Another tatty weekend. Too many errors at the moment. Chilton clearly is in his head!
    Button - 7 Should have got some points

Magnussen - 6 Initial pace at Aus looking a distant memory already
    Gutierrez - 6 Did okay and was minding his own business until rudely taken out by Maldonado
    Ericsson - 6 Who does he race for?
    Vergne - 6
    Sutil - 4 Not looking good for him. Sauber should be getting expecting more from his experience.

5. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hamilton - 9 Would have been 10 but for his quali lap screw-up, Great defending and aggression against Rosberg
    Rosberg - 9 Would have been 10 if he had won and been the one defending Hamilton. Lost out at the first corner for a victory that should have been his.
    Perez - 9.5 On it all weekend and well worth his podium. Had a few critics after the first 2 races but answered them well!

Ricciardo - 9 Unfortunate to have the grid penalty, but great race and some great moves, including putting one over his team-mate
    Hulkenberg - 8 Not his greatest weekend as out shone by Perez but still drove very well to get a solid 5th.
    Vettel - 6 In Ricciardo's shadow this weekend. Sense of frustration starting to come through as well.
    Massa - 6 - Should have been on the FI
    Bottas - 6 - As above
    Alonso - 6 Anonymous
    Raikkonen - 6 A/A

Kyvat - 7.5 Decent showing again. Didn't do anything spectacular but only 1 place outside the points.
    Grosjean - 6 Hard to tell how well he is doing but can at least keep himself out of trouble now.
    Chilton - 7 13th place and another finish. Showing Bianchi that the tortoise always wins.
    Kobayashi - 6 Nearly made Q2, not sure what he did in the race but seemed okay.
    Maldonado - 2 Shouldn't have a super license
    Bianchi - 4 Another tatty weekend. Too many errors at the moment. Chilton clearly is in his head!
    Button - 7.5 looked good for a shot at the podium until his strategy was ruined by the safety car and his retirement.

Magnussen - 5 Initial pace at Aus looking a distant memory already, out qualified and out raced
    Gutierrez - 5 Did okay and was minding his own business until rudely taken out by Maldonado
    Ericsson - 5 Who does he race for?
    Vergne - 5
    Sutil - 3 Not looking good for him. Sauber should be getting expecting more from his experience.

7. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hamilton - 9 Good race, Bottled qualy.
    Rosberg - 7- Should have passed Lewis, but much better than Malaysia for his title chances.
    Perez - 10 - Didn't put a foot wrong.
    Ricciardo - 9
    Hulkenberg - 7.5 solid race after a disappointing qualy. Perez delivers the podium.
    Vettel - 6 Outshone by Ricciardo
    Massa - 7
    Bottas - 7
    Alonso - 5.5
    Raikkonen - 4 - I swear he was being overtaken every time he was on the screen. It also seems like he can't manage Alonso. Last season?

Kyvat - 7
    Grosjean - 6
    Chilton - 7
    Kobayashi - 7.
    Maldonado - 0
    Bianchi - 4 Mistakes!
    Button - 9.5 - Assuming it was the clutch than caused him to drop like a stone. Great drive until that point. Was fighting for the podium whilst his teammate was in 12th. If it was his fault though i'd give him a 7.

Magnussen - 4 - Miles slower than Button and chewed tyres. Guess you can't expect him to wow every weekend.
    Gutierrez - 6 - Prior to the attempt on his life.
    Ericsson - 5 Was he even there?
    Vergne - 5
    Sutil - 2 Looks like he's losing his head.

8. StoneRosesRam

StoneRosesRam Member

Hamilton - 9, a defensive driving masterclass.
    Rosberg - 8, probably had the edge in terms of pace but failure to make a move stick must hurt him.
    Perez - 9, super effort and under pressure after a poor start to the season.

Ricciardo - 9, fantastic weekend from Dan. Not many get the better of Vettel in both qualy and the race.
    Hulkenberg - 8, still a decent effort in the race after a poor qualy performance.
    Vettel - 7, was not helped by power issues that seemed to surface.
    Massa - 7
    Bottas - 7
    Alonso - 6.5, difficult to judge given the power issues Ferrari are having.
    Raikkonen - 6.5, ditto as Fernando

Kyvat - 6.5
    Grosjean - 6.5
    Chilton - 7, Impressed with his performance so far against Bianchi
    Kobayashi - 6.5
    Maldonado - 5, Loses plenty for his idiotic collision with Guiterrez
    Bianchi - 4, overrated?
    Button - 8, hope he receives credit for driving flawlessly this weekend could of had a podium if not for the Gearbox/clutch failure

Magnussen - 5, off the pace all weekend
    Gutierrez - 7, unluckly with Maldonado punting him off the track.
    Ericsson - 5
    Vergne - 5
    Sutil - 4, wreck less all weekend.

9. SgtBhaji

Hamilton - 10. Had he won without the safety car, it would have been 9 due to fluffing pole.
    Rosberg - 9. Great pole, hard racing, but fell short by the narrowest of margins.
    Perez - 8. Great drive but possibly benefited from the safety car.

Ricciardo - 8. Good qualifying and not too shabby in the race,
    Hulkenberg - 7. Good solid race. Should have been in a Ferrari but probably glad he's not.
    Vettel - 7.Made the best of a bad weekend. Bonus point for showing he's a team player. Kudos.
    Massa - 8. That might seem generous, but without the safety car he could have "possibly" seen a podium.
    Bottas - 7. Not quite as good as Massa today, but still a good show.
    Alonso - 6. Wasn't really at the races... Mostly down to car, But not his usual "Get the best out of a bad car".
    Raikkonen - 5. Took damage, but always seems to find it somehow.

Kyvat - 6. Fair showing
    Grosjean - 5. Didn't really notice him in the race, so really hard to judge.
    Chilton - 6. Brought it home... Did another Jedi car leap.
    Kobayashi - 6. Doing ok in the Caterham... Should be in a way better car
    Maldonado - 0. The guy has shown time and time again that he's a liability.
    Bianchi - 4. Fell a bit short today. Some of his own making, some not.
    Button - 6. Seemed to have the measure of Magnussen, not much to say other than bad luck.

Magnussen - 5. Not too bad. Not yet living up to his early promise. Hopefully that will change
    Gutierrez - 6. Bonus point for surviving Super Maldonado,
    Ericsson - 5. Hitting a medium because I don't even recall seeing him.
    Vergne - 5. Not much to say about this one... Can't remember a lot.
    Sutil - 1. Poor show by Sutil. I didn't think he deserved to be back and he's showing why.

10. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

Best representation....on the money Sgt!!!

11. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Do you want me to put that down as your vote as well?

12. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bhaji pretty much wrote my thoughts down for me! I've tinkered with a few bits to give my scores.

13. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I'm surprised how well people think the Williams boys did? They went backwards in the race even after the safety car neutralised the advantage the 2 stoppers had built up over them. They supposedly have the 2nd best car and the 2 Mclarens retired.

14. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Hamilton - 9, lucky to be team-mate to Rosberg, I think he would've been penalised for some of his defensive (crowding off track) driving had he done it to someone like Alonso, and the chopping across Rosberg was a particularly stupid senseless move, I think he's showing signs of cracking under pressure already and it's ony 3 races in.

Rosberg - 7 Good quali but bottled it in the race and seemed to want to try the same unsuccessful mover over and over again, Nico 'fsst on an empty track' Rosberg, and that's it really.

Perez - 9 a good performance, better than any I remember him having, although helped after the SC by Hulks ERS problem

Ricciardo - 10 Fought his way up well against more powerful machinery on a power track with some great moves

Hulkenberg - 9 Looked good for the final podium position until the ERS went awry, battled up well and looked to be the best of the rest

Vettel - 8 decent drive, was aked to move over and did immediately, just hope his team-mate doesn't share the characteristics of his country man.

Massa - 8 Some Vintage Massa on show today, it's a shame he didn't leave Ferrari sooner, but better late than never, I'm sure he'll enjoy lapping the poncing donkeys later in the season at Monza. Wiiliams seemed to lose their pace after the SC.

Bottas - 7 Now we're getting to see more of him he seems fast, but a bit error prone too.

Alonso - 5 pootled around not really doing much other than get passed

Raikkonen - 5 see Alonso

Kyvat - 8 Missed out on going 3 for 3, but another mature drive form the kid

Grosjean - 7 poor Romain, seems to be driving for the Trotters Racing Team atm

Chilton - 8 won the Marussia/Caterham battle with only 1 of them out!!!! I should give him a 10 as he's special needs

Kobayashi - 7 was leading the Marussia/caterham battle by a mile, until the SC

Maldonado - 2 What needs to be said about Crashy McCrash?

Bianchi - 3 Such a promising start to his career but seems a bit like Crashy McCrash above

Button - 7 A good drive today but the McLaren just doesn't have the pace as yet

Magnussen - 5 uninspiring again.

Gutierrez - 6 well he won't be the worst today, just the victim

Ericsson - 6 Racing well, didn't see where he was when his car died though.

Vergne - 6 starting off with the same sort of luck as he had last year

Sutil - 5 The Sauber looks crap this year,so does sutil

15. SgtBhaji

Massa had a good run... Had Super Maldonado not beamed down and brought down hell fire, He could have maybe got the podium. So it was a good showing for them. Maybe too generous? Possibly.

16. SgtBhaji

I see the other side of that, Miggs. Some impressive defensive driving and showing that he won't crumble under pressure. He could have binned it, taken Rosberg out or just completely bottled it and succumb to Rosberg. I'm pretty sure Rosberg will want some revenge from that.. But I thought they both raced hard and honest, which was very nice to see.

17. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Yea, Hamilton gave a master class driving display, judging by some of the comments on this thread, it appears these people were watching a different race than me !!!

Real F1 is back, except for the noise, love Mercedes attitude regarding team orders, nice approach by Lowe, hope the season continues as is.

Montezuma's face was a picture to behold.

18. Smithers

Forum Moderator

I think it just really interesting on how people view things slightly differently. We live in a world of opinions and that's good!

19. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Hamilton - 9, lucky to be team-mate to Rosberg, I think he would've been penalised for some of his defensive (crowding off track) driving had he done it to someone like Alonso, and the chopping across Rosberg was a particularly stupid senseless move, I think he's showing signs of cracking under pressure already and it's ony 3 races in.

Na Miggs, fortunately we have transended the whinging Ferrari days onto a more transparent Mercedes approach and as for Hamiltons moves, judged to perfection mate

20. Mansell's Moustache

Mansell's Moustache New Member

Hamilton - 10 As good a drive as I can remember from him, especially considering he was on the slower tyre in the last stint.
    Rosberg - 9 Got one over on lewis in quali but was out-raced fair and square, still played his part in an epic battle.
    Perez - 10 Drove like a man possesed and finally seems to have rediscovered his 2012 form, can't wait to see how his battle with Hulkenberg plays out this season.

Ricciardo - 9 Beat Vettel fair and square.
    Hulkenberg - 8.5 Disappointed he couldn't make the podium, still yet another very solid result. Force India have got themselves a hell of a lineup here.
    Vettel - 6.5 Seemed out of sorts since that spin in FP3.
    Massa - 7.5 Dropped away at the end but played his part in a thrilling race.
    Bottas - 7.5 As above.
    Alonso - 7 Out-performed Kimi again, the ferrari looked hopeless today.
    Raikkonen - 6 Another quiet race.

Kyvat - 7.5 No points this time but continues to surprise me with his speed and maturity... the guy only looks about 14!
    Grosjean - 6 Hard to judge cosidering how far lotus are off the pace.
    Chilton - 6 Solid but unspectacular as usual.
    Kobayashi - 5 Finished some way behind Chilton but again hard to judge without seeing any of him.
    Maldonado - 3 Just clumsy.
    Bianchi -4
    Button - 8 Comfortably beat Magnussen and was well in the mix before his clutch problem.

Magnussen - 6 He's allowed the odd bad day.
    Gutierrez - 5 Only time I saw him on T.V was when he was upside down.
    Ericsson - 6 Seemed to be holding his own against Grosjean early on.
    Vergne - 5 Hard to judge after first lap contact but being out-qualified by Kvyat didn't help.
    Sutil - 2 Hasn't performed at all so far this season.